It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Time traveller from 2030’ PASSES lie detector with SHOCK claims over AI and Trump

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Hey ppl
I watched the video and I have to say two high school guys with a blood pressure cuff and a bike lock really did a good job at creating this video. The questioner that is off camera thinks that we should not be using cash in 2030 that only 12 years away not some distant flying car future. Also why are the blurring his face and altering his voice?

To me it looks like two guys youtube pranking.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Thirty6BelowZero

Lie detectors are BS.
Thats why you can not use them in court also easy to pass If you know what you are doing.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Doubt any truth to this story,for one saying someone took a lie detector,and if you believe something is actually true,will not show deception,only a liberal would fall for this,surprised he didn't say Tide pods were still in vogue

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

Do you have to have a dig at Liberals in every post?.
It is getting childish tbh.
edit on 19-2-2018 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
I was excited until I read:

He responds with a yes and ‘true’ appears in large green letters superimposed on the video. However, the results on the machine are not shown.

Clearly fake.

EDIT - Also - where is the lie detector? He has a blood pressure band on and nothing more.

Also - lie detectors can be faked.

Yeah that's another part that makes me skeptical. We can hear the "true" dings but can't see them.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Ilana Remikee

Not born yet.

I don't believe any of this.

And a woman with that name has a facebook that was started Feb 14, the day this story was released lol. It says "Remikee for president"

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

I agree 100%. I do have this long term fantasy where I'm driving home, or to work, or just driving and suddenly my scenery begins to flicker rapidly and when it stops, the trees are greener, the sun is brighter but the summer day is cooler, and the next car I pass is an early 1980's car and I'm suddenly back in the 80's. The first thing I do is drive 25 miles west to Shreveport and pull up at my old house and show my family what technology looks like almost 4 decades later while I peel the sticker off the top of one of my uncle's Miller Lite's and drink a beer with them.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

I see. Maybe I misread, or read out of context. So I researched a little and found that I wouldn't actually travel forward in time, but I would instead age slower. MUCH slower.

"Alpha Centauri is technically 4.5 light-years away, but Wolfram Alpha won’t let me do that calculation, so I’ve set the value for 4. Traveling at 99.9c for 4 years (Earth time) means you’d experience a trip of about 2 weeks (14 days). Yes, everyone on Earth will have aged four years and you will have aged only 2 weeks.

You will have been gone for a total of 9 Earth-years and about 1.24 years your time (this is excluding the time dilation effects of not being in an Earth-like gravity well for the duration of your stay in the Centauri system).
"

So basically, I could travel 40 light years at light speed, and come back to Earth 20 weeks older. My son, for all intents and purposes, would now be older than me as he would be 41 and I would still look (and feel?) 39 but I would really be 79.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

Well, trump will NOT be reelected, so I do not believe this at all. trump will be lucky if he makes it his full 4 years. I don't even think that is going to happen.

Trump is definitely getting re-elected. He is far too much entertainment for the people, for them to kick him out.

Everyone is eagerly awaiting the next shoe to drop in the Trump administration.

He's predictable in his unpredictability, and who knows what gremlins Donald has remaining in his closet that is still waiting to get out.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

Hahahaha!

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
High school kids with a A/V Club project.

Do they still have A/V Clubs in high school? More likely computer science club.

Either way , anyone spending more than 5 minutes researching this needs to re-evaluate their lives.

I’m doing some re-evaluating by just placing this reply!

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Luv the way all travelers 'from the future' want to save humanity. I'd believe it more if they declared they were a time traveler after winning a few lotteries.

Then we might listen.

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

just my opinion - but " mysterious people " do not get elected to high office in the real world

just look at every POTUS ever - and look at what was known about them 10 years before thier 1st election

Obama came from out of nowhere for the most part. No big headlines or achievements before becoming president.

Actually, we learned more about him AFTER he was elected!

ETA: Here's a good question:

Has anyone seen pictures of Michelle and Barry actually raising their children?? You know...baby pictures, playing in the park..vacations....anything???

edit on E28America/ChicagoMon, 19 Feb 2018 10:29:04 -06002amMondayth10am by EternalShadow because: ETA

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   

yes exactly. it can take you a long time to get somewhere or a short time, your speed is relative to you. time is not an entity that you can "travel" through.

you can be traveling very fast and someone on earth really slow (i. e. as we are now) the distance doesn't change, but the time it takes you to travel to the nearest star changes, relative to you.
scientists are unanimously in unison that traveling back in "time" is not probable. time can't be negative, distance and trajectory can.

moral of the story, anyone who claim to be from the "future", wherever that is, you can put them in the same category as the people who can "predict" the future ; mentalists.
edit on 19-2-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   
If a person believes something and has no feeling they are lying, they can pass a lie detector test. Some people actually know how to fool the lie detectors, some just are believers in their delusion. That is why lie detector tests are not allowed as evidence in court, some people are even trained by our intelligence to be able to show they are telling the truth on these kind of tests.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

time is a measure of distance, not 'time'.

I always seen time as a measurement of entropy and decay

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
If a person believes something and has no feeling they are lying, they can pass a lie detector test. Some people actually know how to fool the lie detectors, some just are believers in their delusion. That is why lie detector tests are not allowed as evidence in court, some people are even trained by our intelligence to be able to show they are telling the truth on these kind of tests.

The reason lie detectors remain a somewhat useful tool is the belief by some that they work as designed, so they will admit to all sorts of things beforehand in order to not fail. In these regards. Some people also feel really guilty about stuff that they did and in those instances, it does work as their lie stresses them out. But overall, its crap.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Ilana Remikee

Not born yet.

I don't believe any of this.

Right now, she is still going by the name Kanye West.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Future Wikia

This link has another spin on who will be the 2028 President.
The only thing else I can add is "meh". Who knows if the US will still be around in 2028 let alone who the pres. will be.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
There are ways to fool lie detectors, including being mad enough that you believe the alternative reality you are talking about.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join