It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeff Sessions: Justice Department Investigating FBI in FISA Warrant Application

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot
a reply to: Sillyolme

Is it happy hour?

she has been on happy hour since nov 9 2016

her parties narritive and bs are about to come to an end
and it will cost them the midterms

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

On Sunday, February 18, 2018 Jess Sessions announced an Investigation by the DOJ into the FISA application that was used by The Obama Administration's FBI to spy upon his political opponents, in what we now know to be the largest abuse of power since Watergate.

With four different FISA judges.

There's some there,there.

Was there ever mention that it was four different judges? Judge Jeanine seemed fairly certain they were all approved by the same judge. They are on a circuit. The FBI probably knows which judge is on duty when. It would not be the first time judge-shopping was used to sway the outcome in a certain direction.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   
It looks like Judge Rudolph Contreras may have been the judge on the FISA cases. He was appointed by Obama in 2016. He is also the same judge who was presiding over Flynn's case, then recused himself after Nunes memo came out.

I will post a good source when I find one. It seems to be mostly other-type sources reporting this so far, but I would not expect MSM to mention it.

edit on 2/18/18 by BlueAjah because: missed word

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Thanks, it would not surprise me one bit
if it was him, a perfect piece of the puzzle.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

I have a feeling that things will fall into place once more. It feels good.

Timing is everything!

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Was there ever mention that it was four different judges?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
On Sunday, February 18, 2018 Jess Sessions announced an Investigation
by the DOJ into the FISA application that was used by The Obama
Administration's FBI to spy upon his political opponents, in what we now
know to be the largest abuse of power since Watergate.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions said in an interview aired Sunday the process used by the FBI to obtain warrants under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act will be investigated after allegations of abuses of power committed by the agency under the Obama administration.

"Let me tell you, every FISA warrant based on facts submitted to that court has to be accurate," Sessions told Fox News' "Sunday Morning Futures" regarding the FISA Court, which adjudicates applications to gather information on foreign operatives on U.S. soil.

"That will be investigated and looked at, and we are not going to participate at the Department of Justice in providing anything less than the proper disclosure to the court before they issue a FISA warrant," he continued.

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

Video here - Start at about 5:14 in....

The FBI used information from former British spy Christopher Steele
in obtaining the warrrant, even though Steele misled them.

Steele failed to reveal that he met with reporters in Sept. 2016
to plant the unverified information about Trump, in which the FBI
then noted Steele's leaks as a reason he was untrustworthy.

Michael Isikoff wrote a story based on Steele’s information
in a Sept. 23, 2016, article with Steele’s allegations about Page
as the second source the FBI and DOJ used to help justify the
surveillance warrant.

However, the application failed to disclose that the Isikoff article
came from the same source as the dossier.

In addition, the FISA court is considering the request from
the House Oversight Committee in releasing the information.

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

Sessions also mentions the IG report is due soon.

We may still see indictments!

Stay Tuned!

Related ATS Thread
House Intelligence FISA memo released: What it says
I never thought I was psychic but I'm sure I can predict the outcome of this investigation...It's like asking Hillary to investigate the Clinton Foundation...

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
It looks like Judge Rudolph Contreras may have been the judge on the FISA cases. He was appointed by Obama in 2016. He is also the same judge who was presiding over Flynn's case, then recused himself after Nunes memo came out.

I will post a good source when I find one. It seems to be mostly other-type sources reporting this so far, but I would not expect MSM to mention it.

And Judge Rudolph Contreras was forced to recuse himself from the Michael Flynn case in December. No reason given.
www.reuters.com...

WHOM could "recuse" a District Court Judge...and WHY would this happen?

A little more info from 2.7.2018 - (Thank Goodness Jeff Sessions is looking into this!!)

Rumors are swirling that the FISA court judge who approved the illegal spying of Carter Page, is the same judge who was forcibly recused from them Michael Flynn Case. His name is Rudolph Contreras.

This would make sense as to why we have not heard about a FISA court judge cracking down on the FBI's illegal and fraudulent deception of the Court. This smells like a crooked judge to me.
Source: wsau.com...
edit on 2/18/2018 by carewemust because: added article quote/source.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

originally posted by: burntheships

originally posted by: CharlesT
They need to expand their investigation to include Lois Lerner and the IRS.

You might like this.

Note It is Mueller being grilled.

Now we know why we have indictments of russian trolls

Holy crap, when did this video clip take place?! Mueller isn't even good at acting like he doesn't know anything. Red-handed, it's so obvious!

But just for fun lets play along that he REALLY doesn't know the answers to any of thiose questions. If that were true, he would need to be fired in a SECOND for being a complete incompetent. If any of us did our jobs with that much ignorance of the circumstances we would be out on our asses.

Boy I am loving Jim Jordan these past months. Loving him. He's actually doing his job. We should fire Mueller and give his salary to Jim Jordan.
Doesn't sound as tho the IG has the interests of the people in mind...I suspect this is the same IG that is investigating the FBI and Justice Dept. with a report coming out in March...

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iscool
Doesn't sound as tho the IG has the interests of the people in mind...I suspect this is the same IG that is investigating the FBI and Justice Dept. with a report coming out in March...

The DOJ is not Fox News.
Jeff Sessions is The Attorney General.

The same AG that Liberals have defended for months....

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

The IG, Inspector General, is Michael Horowitz.
I think he might actually be an honest guy who supports the people of the US.

edit on 2/19/18 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: tiredoflooking

Thank you for having the courage to say that. As a Trump voter, I have to give you this one. He's not perfect, and there are some thing he's done (especially in the earliest parts of his Presidency) that I'm not enthusiastic about either

But this "collusion" stuff is so plainly a ploy to excuse the fact that the Dems lost an election they didn't need to lose. It is OK though, it happens. look at the GOP losing two elections in a row after the disaster that was GWB-43

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Horowitz definitely isn't cutting the DOJ or FBI any slack. From my understanding, he's an aggressive investigator who will get to the bottom of this

Glad to see he's still involved, working in the background (until the IG report comes out!)

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

The IG, Inspector General, is Michael Horowitz.
I think he might actually be an honest guy who supports the people of the US.

Yes, I found a transcript from Sessions on Sunday.

He clarifies that the IG is working towards a
Special Counsel. They are also investigating the leak
of Flynn phone call.

And....27 other leaks.

BARTIROMO: Do we need another Special Counsel in place to look at what the FBI and the Department of Justice abused its power, how they abuse their power?

SESSIONS: Well the Inspector General has been working very hard on that and he's been relentless and tough. I've seen or heard some of his work that's been produced already. Much of what we know about this has been produced by his work and the Department of Justice. The text messages that have all been made public or disclosed by the Department of Justice. We've made Congress -- we've given Congress records and documents beyond anything ever been produced really, probably in history and we're going to continue to be open with them and be responsive. We have a responsibility to ensure the integrity of this process. I'm going to use my authority as the Attorney General to ensure that but the management of this case from which I'm recused is in the hands of Mr. Mueller and supervised by the Acting Attorney General for this investigation, Rod Rosenstein, a proven professional and Deputy Attorney General.

www.foxnews.com...

edit on 19-2-2018 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

BARTIROMO: Are you, sir, investigating the fact that the FBI used the dossier to get a wiretap against Trump associates and they did not tell the FISA court that the Democrats and Hillary Clinton paid for that dossier?

SESSIONS: Let me tell you, every FISA warrant based on facts submitted to that court have to be accurate. That will be investigated and looked at and we are not going to participate at the Department of Justice in providing anything less than the proper disclosure to the court before they issue a FISA warrant. Other than that, I'm not going to talk about the details of it but I'll tell you, we're not -- we're not going to allow that to happen.

BARTIROMO: Do we need another Special Counsel in place to look at what the FBI and the Department of Justice abused its power, how they abuse their power?

SESSIONS: Well the Inspector General has been working very hard on that and he's been relentless and tough. I've seen or heard some of his work that's been produced already. Much of what we know about this has been produced by his work and the Department of Justice. The text messages that have all been made public or disclosed by the Department of Justice. We've made Congress -- we've given Congress records and documents beyond anything ever been produced really, probably in history and we're going to continue to be open with them and be responsive. We have a responsibility to ensure the integrity of this process. I'm going to use my authority as the Attorney General to ensure that but the management of this case from which I'm recused is in the hands of Mr. Mueller and supervised by the Acting Attorney General for this investigation, Rod Rosenstein, a proven professional and Deputy Attorney General.

BARTIROMO: Well there's a lot of conflicts around the special -- the Special Prosecutor's team we know that but that's putting aside because I know you recused yourself. But there are felonies apparently that have already taken place. I mean, we had on this program just last week the Chairman of the Intel Committee Devin Nunes and he said there are felonies that are going -- not looked at it all. They're going by over and over. Listen to what he tells me just last Sunday.

REP. DEVIN NUNES (R-CA), CHAIRMAN, HOUSE INTELLIGENCE COMMITTEE: The big felony in all of this that nobody talks about from the very beginning was the leak of highly classified information when they leaked the phone call of the Russian Ambassador talking to General Mike Flynn right before the inauguration. That was a felony, nothing's ever been done about it.

BARTIROMO: Is your office investigating this, sir?

SESSIONS: That is a violation of the law to leak classified documents and it is being investigated. I will say this, there are last two years before I became Attorney General, there were -- each year, there was three open investigations of classified leaks, now we have 27. We're going after this aggressively. I have directed it personally. Some of the matters involve this matter and some of it is a matter that I'm not recused on and we are pursuing aggressively

BARTIROMO: So you feel that there are matters that you can get into? For example, there's a lot of feeling out there that the Hillary Clinton e-mail investigation was a sham. You know, Loretta Lynch told Jim Comey to call it a matter and that's exactly what he did and in fact, it was a criminal investigation. We know that he wrote an exoneration letter, James Comey did before he even did the interview with Hillary Clinton. What have you learned in terms of the opening -- reopening of the Hillary Clinton e-mail investigation? Will there be charges? Will there be accountability here, sir?

SESSIONS: Maria, we're going to do our job in this department properly and correctly and I'm not going to be led in the discussion of all of the details of matters that you might be interested in. We can't do that in the media. We're going to restore the rule of law. We're going to restore pro propriety and how cases are managed and that's all I can promise you.

BARTIROMO: Do you regret recusing yourself from anything related to Russia sir?

SESSIONS: I believe I did the right thing. The only thing I could do. I participated in this campaign and it's such under explicit regulations of the Department of Justice that no one can participate in the investigation of a campaign in which they were an active participant.

BARTIROMO: Let me ask you a broader question here because I know it's really --

SESSIONS: How can you ask --

BARTIROMO: I'm sorry, sir?

SESSIONS: You can't ask other members of the department to follow the law and follow the rules if the Attorney General himself refuses to do so.

BARTIROMO: Yes that's absolutely true. In terms of a broader look at what's happened here, sir. I mean, we know that there was an incredible abuse of power at the top of the FBI and the Department of Justice now. We've seen the text. We know what has gone on. How do you turn this ship around? I mean clearly there have been agencies, government agencies, when did it happen that they became so politicized and can you change this?

SESSIONS: Maria, I'm not going to (INAUDIBLE) and acknowledge the correctness of all of the statements you've made. People will make up their own mind in due time about those things but we are setting a tone of professionalism and responsibility and lawfulness in this department. We expect of every member. We've got a new FBI Director, a new Deputy FBI Director, a new Legal Counsel in the FBI Director's office, and a new press person in the FBI's office. So we made some real changes there. Chris Wray is a man of integrity and decency and brilliant lawyer and experienced Department of Justice employee. We intend and we made other changes within this department that I think will put us on a path to fulfill my responsibility to the American people and that is to conduct 0ur work professionally, honestly and without political bias.

BARTIROMO: And that's all we can ask you to do Mr. Attorney General. (END VIDEOTAPE)

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Is it happy hour?

I wonder if they get creamed in the midterms if they will still double down on the Trump-Russia collusion myth and the year-long temper tantrum over the election even though it's obviously not working. I mean, they're supposed to be the smart ones. They're the "party of science", more educated etc. How can they be so stupid as to think this nonsense plays well with most voters?

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Is it happy hour?

I wonder if they get creamed in the midterms if they will still double down on the Trump-Russia collusion myth and the year-long temper tantrum over the election even though it's obviously not working. I mean, they're supposed to be the smart ones. They're the "party of science", more educated etc. How can they be so stupid as to think this nonsense plays well with most voters?

i am hoping those not on the extreme left finally see this mess for what it is and hold those responsible accountable
most of the left is rational
some posters here make them all look ridiculous

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Is it happy hour?

i am hoping those not on the extreme left finally see this mess for what it is and hold those responsible accountable
most of the left is rational
some posters here make them all look ridiculous

I agree. Some of my family and one of my best friends is a liberal and they've all seen through this bs long ago. The Democrats are only hurting themselves with it. Only the hard-left sycophants they surround themselves with love this #resist everything Trump strategy.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: tiredoflooking

Well said. However, I cannot share your hope of any revelation of truths. It seems clear to me the objective is nothing more than the keeping up of appearances only. We've truly devolved into a mindless society of pushing lies upon webs of lies.

It's all part of their game to keep the masses pre-occupied with scripted drama to keep their attention from the man behind the curtain.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 12:08 AM
link   

I just want to say I don't believe sessions for a moment. Remember those leak investigations that were happening the last time trump got on him about being a lazy pile? What happened with those? Not a single thing.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join