It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chris Rock Tambourine Filled with Blatant Racism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Just got done watching what I could stand of this stand up special and wow am I disappointed. It takes him about 10 seconds to bring up race and he pretty much stays on that topic for the first half of the show. The second half is ok comedy but really nothing new or clever about it.

He literally says that he wants more white children killed by police so that he can see white mothers crying on tv about it.

He says that he thinks graduation speeches should be segregated by white, black, gay, etc.

He explains how he teaches his children to be racist against white people by making everything that’s white in his house either hot, heavy, or sharp. This in an effort to teach them how bad white people are and how there all out to get black people.

I really expected more but he never delivers anything but racism and easy punchlines.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Thanks for the heads up. The division programming is in high gear.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Dissapointing.

I'll reserve judgement for the show, although I believe you
edit on 2152018 by Butterfinger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

Chris Rock is bad... His delivery, his punchlines, and his politics.. are all as bad as each other. What was once a half funny comedian is now a desperate has been. He hasn't matured well imo. If you want to watch a true genius black comedian watch some Dave Chapell.
edit on 15-2-2018 by 0racle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I wouldn't really expect much more from Chris Rock. He has been playing the race card his whole career, though it used to be delivered in a fun rib-poking way that was refreshing as it pushed boundaries. I don't really care to find out how it is delivered now. I will take your word on it. But pay no attention to his $100 million net worth. Nevermind that one of his houses is worth more than the median income can afford after saving every penny for 80 years. Or his vast sphere of influence with 5 million twitter followers and parties with presidents and sports and movie stars. His is the face of oppression. We can do better. It might be too late for haggard old Chris, but we can build a place where at least his kids can prosper.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
his best performance was as the crackhead in New Jack city. His best scene was where he died. Nothing else he has done, does, or will do has anymore talent than that.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I give a long leash when it comes to comedy and put myself in a neutral position to just enjoy it...

Not going to lie, I watched this last night and it rubbed me the wrong way.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

"A n!gga put rims on a toaster if he could!.... "I got raisin toast sittin' on 22s n!gga!""

.... one of his funnier lines from one of his older skits... I'm not really sure HOW he got so big... Seems like his schtick has always been pretty limited to "I'm the one who can say really outlandish racially charged stuff with little to no backlash"

He also does that same thing Katt Williams does where he repeats himself over and over. If you took out the repeats their sets would be 20 minutes shorter I swear.

I watched the trailer on Netflix, or rather, the trailer autoplayed, seemed like more of the same but on steroids.

edit on 15-2-2018 by MarkOfTheV because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   
A lot of comedians think they have free reign to make racist or demeaning jokes. But when they are made fun of or joked about, it becomes an issue.

Has comedy always been so mean ? Maybe so... I couldn’t stand Don Rickles 😒.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: MarkOfTheV

Yeah there’s a part in this special where he speculates how Mark Zuckerberg was bullied in school. He just repeats Zucker mother Zucker mark f***erburg mother zuckerberg over and over for about 45 seconds. Talk about beating a dead horse.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I liked the show and laughed out loud several times. Lighten up a little bit and enjoy the show. It's stand up comedy act for crying out loud.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

It was OK, not so special. I've listened to the recent Chappelle ones several times over already and can't imagine going back to the Chris Rock one. A good measure of how good a special is how many times it can be watched/listened to again. Yep, there were a few good laughs in the show and, overall, I found it disappointing. His previous shows (and albums) had memorable bits and this one's already forgettable. It wasn't his topics either; it was his material. I'll still look forward to his next special.

Burr, Jefferies, Buress, Bamford, Chappelle, Jeselnik, Boyle etc. They get played regularly because their material is (currently) better.

new topics

top topics

join