It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bombshell Email Suggests Comey Misled Congress About Meetings With Obama on Russian Hacking

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Senators Charles Grassley and Lindsay Graham have released excerpts
of an unusual email that Susan Rice sent to herself moments before
Donald Trump became president.

On Jan. 20, 2017 Susan Rice sent herself an email about a Jan. 5 meeting
that included Obama, then FBI Director James Comey, Deputy Attorney
General Sally Yates, then-Vice President Joe Biden and Rice.

Excerpt of email which contradicts prior testimony

On January 5, following a briefing by IC leadership on Russian hacking during the 2016 presidential election, President Obama had a brief follow-on conversation with FBI Director Jim Comey and Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates in the Oval Office. Vice President Biden and I were also present.

If Rice’s email is accurate, Comey may have seriously misled Congress about his meetings with Obama. Dated June 8, 2017, Comey’s “Statement for the Record” provided to the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, notes, “I have tried to include information that may be relevant to the committee.” Comey clearly did not find the January 5, 2017 meeting to be particularly relevant

lawandcrime.com...

Further, this raises questions about the FISA warrant.

Grassley and Graham write:

“It strikes us as odd that, among your activities in the final moments on the final day of the Obama administration, you would feel the need to send yourself such an unusual email purporting to document a conversation involving President Obama and his interactions with the FBI regarding the Trump/Russia investigation,” they wrote in a letter to Rice.

“In addition, despite your claim that President Obama repeatedly told Mr. Comey to proceed ‘by the book,’ substantial questions have arisen about whether officials at the FBI, as well as at the Justice Department and the State Department, actually did proceed ‘by the book.’”

Senate Judiciary Chairmen Grassley and Graham sent Susan Rice a list of questions she must answer the Committee by January 22nd 2018:

1. Did you send the email attached to this letter to yourself? Do you have any reason to dispute the timestamp of the email?

2. When did you first become aware of the FBI’s investigation into allegations of collusion between Mr. Trump’s associates and Russia?

3. When did you become aware of any surveillance activities, including FISA applications, undertaken by the FBI in conducting that investigation? At the time you wrote this email to yourself, were you aware of either the October 2016 FISA application for surveillance of Carter Page or the January 2017 renewal?

Grassley Graham Letter

In a Fox News Report one source familiar with the meeting said it
had nothing to do with the Steele Dossier.

The source said it was solely focused on whether the intelligence
community and the FBI needed to withhold information
about Russia Intel.
www.foxnews.com...

Some of the email contained classified information,
and has been redacted, but Grassley and Graham
have read both versions.

So, it seems that much of what has reported by The FBI is now
called into question. Further, it appears that The Obama
Administration had many meetings with Comey that have
not been disclosed.

For the record, full transcript of Comeys testimony
for use in the thread.
time.com...

Stay Tuned The Persistence fights The Resistance

edit on 12-2-2018 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

So where is the bombshell?

Seems this is more of a matter of opinion on whether or not the meeting was relevant.

Not much of a bombshell if your own source has to say it "suggests", which is also a matter of opinion. Not to mention the actual email does not appear to actually suggest such a thing.

The OP's source is suggesting that.

edit on 12-2-2018 by introvert because: (no reason given)

+24 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Your a fast reader to have read both articles, and
the letter from Grassley and Graham.

And how would you know, were you at the meeting?

Do you have access to the classified information in
the email that is redacted?

That's all ya got?

+16 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I think the best part of all of this is that the white hats are methodically destroying the MSM's ability to hide the staggering level of corruption that is being exposed.

They have had all of this information for a very long time, none of this is new info to the people that are standing against the deep state.

It is a work of sheer genius!!!

+16 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Seems this is more of a matter of opinion on whether or not the meeting was relevant.

Comey told Senate last time he met with Obama was
"late 2016 " In this email, Susan Rice says Comey and Obama
met in White House Oval Office on Jan 5 2017.

Who is lying?

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Your a fast reader to have read both articles, and the letter from Grassley and Graham.

I am a fast reader and it does not take much reading to conclude the title is misleading and the context very subjective.

Not to mention that ATS is not the only place to read up on this issue.

And how would you know, were you at the meeting? Do you have access to the classified information in the email that is redacted?

How do I know what?

I'm just going off of what your source provided. The email does not seem to suggest such a thing. Your source does. And whether or not the meeting was relevant remains to be seen and it nothing more than opinion at this point without more info.

That's all ya got?

What else do I need to bring? I've raised relevant points that appear to be completely true based on what you posted.

If I am wrong, can you please quote the email in which it suggests Comey misled congress?

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Yeah sure "by the book".

SR is all BS I think 🤷

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

To: Susan Rice ([email protected])
CC: Fox News

Subject: BOMBSHELL!

We find it very troubling that there's absolutely no evidence of malfeasance in your emails. Please answer the following questions.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove

They have had all of this information for a very long time, none of this is new info to the people that are standing against the deep state.

Yes, I sure hope for the sake of all of those who appear to have
lied and connived their way to this point that there were
not a few perjury traps set up.

Wouldn't that be ironic?

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

Comey told Senate last time he met with Obama was
"late 2016. " In this email, Susan Rice says Comey and Obama
met in White House Oval Office on Jan 5 2017.

Who is lying?

Comey said he "spoke alone" with the president on those dates. He did not say it was the last time he met with him.

That is according to your own source:

Comey’s testimony does mention Obama, though. He writes, “I spoke alone with President Obama twice in person (and never on the phone) – once in 2015 to discuss law enforcement policy issues and a second time, briefly, for him to say goodbye in late 2016.”

Your source even goes on to admit that Comey may have referred to that meeting in his testimony.

However, that January 5, 2017 meeting is apparently referred to in Comey’s congressional testimony.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Thats a big piece to the growing reality that there was an active effort from within the federal government to distort the truth behind the Trump-Russia investigations.

In case anyone is pretending not to notice:

The argument is that a weaponized federal government was used by one out of control political party against all opposition.

This as well as it being used against a presidential candidate and then a standing president.

The info in the email only adds to the growing suspicion.

edit on 2 12 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Wow, I am blown away by your in depth response.

There are many lies uncovered here, especially
where the FISA Warrant is concerned.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   

its the fbis job to mislead, if they just figuring that out again, not as well lead as id suspect.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Yeah sure "by the book".

SR is all BS I think 🤷

Not suspicious at all that she back dated her email.

Nothing to see here, move along.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Your a fast reader to have read both articles, and the letter from Grassley and Graham.

I am a fast reader and it does not take much reading to conclude the title is misleading and the context very subjective.

Not to mention that ATS is not the only place to read up on this issue.

And how would you know, were you at the meeting? Do you have access to the classified information in the email that is redacted?

How do I know what?

I'm just going off of what your source provided. The email does not seem to suggest such a thing. Your source does. And whether or not the meeting was relevant remains to be seen and it nothing more than opinion at this point without more info.

That's all ya got?

What else do I need to bring? I've raised relevant points that appear to be completely true based on what you posted.

If I am wrong, can you please quote the email in which it suggests Comey misled congress?

So , you didnt read them by your own words....
When speaking of "opinions" look in a mirror . There are "uninformed" opinions vs. "informed" opinions.
Although the OP brought forward information , nowhere did your posts reflect any other than opinion . Thus your usage of the words "seemed" "appear" ...

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Let's start with this bit from Dan Abram's site:

If Rice’s email is accurate, Comey may have seriously misled Congress about his meetings with Obama.

Dated June 8, 2017, Comey’s “Statement for the Record” provided to the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, notes, “I have tried to include information that may be relevant to the committee.”

Comey clearly did not find the January 5, 2017 meeting to be particularly relevant.

It's almost like the author didn't read the linked "Statement for the Record." I assume you did? You wouldn't have had to read far, the first paragraph makes this author's point moot.

Chairman Burr, Ranking Member Warner, Members of the Committee. Thank you for inviting me to appear before you today. I was asked to testify today to describe for you my interactions with President-Elect and President Trump on subjects that I understand are of interest to you.

Derp derp?

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   

So where is the bombshell?

Not much of a bombshell if your own source has to say it "suggests", which is also a matter of opinion. Not to mention the actual email does not appear to actually suggest such a thing.

The OP's source is suggesting that.

It's more of the same gooey stuff, plus suggestive hyperbole.....you muuuuust believe!
Grassley is making a fool of himself getting involved with all this fart in the wind stuff.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Chairman Burr, Ranking Member Warner, Members of the Committee. Thank you for inviting me to appear before you today. I was asked to testify today to describe for you my interactions with President-Elect and President Trump on subjects that I understand are of interest to you.

Derp derp?

I thought the meeting in question was with Obama not Trump.

I guess the authors point is not moot.

Seems like the meeting wasnt mentioned and this COULD be seen as misleading congress.

EDIT TO ADD:
President elect (Trump) and President Trump are the same person. You misread right?

edit on 2 12 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   

On January 5, following a briefing by IC leadership on Russian hacking during the 2016 presidential election, President Obama had a brief follow-on conversation with FBI Director Jim Comey and Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates in the Oval Office. Vice President Biden and I were also present.

Why yes, that group of people gets to together and have tea every day.

Of course, Comey misled Congress.

It was rather evident the dude was a shill with his 'extremely careless and unsophisticated'.

I wonder if O wrote that himself.

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Nope, It's almost like you really dont check your facts.
Well, you really dont, do you?

He clearly states he spoke with Obama only twice. Transcript QUOTE

James Comey: That’s right, senator. And I — as I said in my written testimony. As FBI director I interacted with President Obama and spoke only twice in three years and didn’t document it. When I was deputy attorney general I had one one-on-one meeting with president bush about a national security matter. I didn’t document that conversation either. I didn’t feel with President Bush the need to document it in that way. Because of the combination of those factors, just wasn’t present with either President Bush or President Obama.

time.com...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join