It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If children are the future, then Canada is flushing it down the toilet.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Canada vs America... which society is really getting flushed i wonder ..

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
Just in case anyone missed this and couldn't be bothered to click the link.

If one had actually clicked the link, and read the material, one would have to assume that this is not for a class, but an over riding ideology for the entire school to follow.

As it shows in the examples provided, found through said links.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

www.edudemic.com...

Canadian education system ranked sixth in the world.

US education system ranked 13th.

'Nuff said.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   
The millennial are uust whiney babies who wont make money and buy houses

We should force these young kids into slave camps otherwise known as cities and make them work 24/7 for practically nothing while telling them they are lazy

Oh wait

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoalPoster

www.edudemic.com...

Canadian education system ranked sixth in the world.

US education system ranked 13th.

'Nuff said.

Not nuff said

What metric did they use to calculate the value

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: peck420

No, it is one resource kit: " This year-round resource builds on the concepts originally introduced in We're Erasing Prejudice for Good, and is organized using ten monthly themes"

Sure its for the entire school just like 2+2=4 is expected to be learned by the entire school but that doesn't make math a curriculum instead of just a class.

edit on 9-2-2018 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Horrific. Note that none of it teaches anything to do with ethics or justice, but only teaches the language social justice uses. It's language indoctrination.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

originally posted by: daskakik

originally posted by: fritzM
To me, this sounds like it is a class, not a replacement to an entire teaching curriculum.

Just in case anyone missed this and couldn't be bothered to click the link.

Then why does the link say "school-wide curriculum from early years to grade eight"?

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

They are afraid that Generation Z and the generations after them will be Conservative thanks to the backlash. As a result, they are stepping up with the indoctrination.

link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe

originally posted by: YouSir

originally posted by: intrptr

The early school years are when children have the opportunity to learn the most...

They start 'schooling' kids early because when they are young is when they are the most vulnerable to indoctrination and brainwashing.

And then once past college years the brainwashing to turn people in to right wingers begins.

It's a never ending vicious cycle.

Ummm...viscous cycle...AKA...flies in amber...

Besides...people aren't brainwashed into conservatism...they just revert to it naturally...

YouSir

That makes no sense.

You are saying children are born right wingers?

Ummm...no...I'm saying that young heads full of mush are filled with progressive ideals from their progressive teachers...curriculums...and professors...

They then have to deal with and live in the real world...

While I do admit it's a bit of a stretch to use...revert...it could be argued that shedding progressive indoctrination might be equated to reverting to their natural state before said indoctrination...

You are saying children are born left wingers...?

YouSir

link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

The content is just a kit for one area.

Maybe they just borrowed the image from a previous design. Maybe you should ask them.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

# it, I ain't here to argue with retards.

The source literature directly states that this is all encompassing across the entire curriculum.

But, I am sure your dumb ass knows so much more about it then the people that wrote it, sold it, and are now implementing it.

This is why ATS has gone to #. Deny ignorance....hardly...

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Ontario is a big area.There are almost 4000 elementary schools there.

I wonder if they stole the text too:

"This is a new ETFO literature-based resource kit for Early Years to Grade 8 available in both PDF and Word format. "

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420

You're funny. You also looked at one image and just ignored the actual content.

Announcing a new literature-based curriculum resource kit focusing on the Early Years to Grade 8.

The complete resource kit consists of five books:
Primary (Early Years to Grades 3), Junior (Grades 4 to 6), Intermediate (Grades 7 to 8), Teacher Resource Guide (all grades), More Than a Play.

So yeah, they used the word "curriculum" but I doubt they are only going to teach K-8th grade with just 5 books.

ETA: Looking at it again "literature-based curriculum resource kit" seems to mean a kit that fits the curriculum. Isn't reading comprehension a great thing?

edit on 9-2-2018 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

While I don't disdain Millennials as much as some others do (because the "good ones" get drowned out by the obnoxious ones)... and I may be putting too much emphasis on the following statement... but....

The millennials have been psychologically neglected by the older generations long enough.

I disagree with this notion. It's not that they were neglected. It's that they were WAY TOO coddled. Perhaps if they were neglected and/or ignored a little bit more, they would have grown into a tougher skin and would be in a better position to think for themselves and depend on themselves.

You're right. I consider coddling and over sheltering as a form of neglect, as the child is unable to develop the necessary social skills needed for growing into matured adults. Maybe neglect is not the best term. Perhaps passive abuse?

Also, as a millennial, I'm speaking statistically. I don't blame each individual of the past generations for what happened to the present. My mother instilled in me a sense of personal responsibility, at a very young age. That alone gave me a great advantage over my peers.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

It's not that they were neglected. It's that they were WAY TOO coddled. Perhaps if they were neglected and/or ignored a little bit more, they would have grown into a tougher skin and would be in a better position to think for themselves and depend on themselves.

Agreed, and I might add they grew-up without a fear of consequences for poor behavior. Our education system is also lowering the bar to meet the apathetic nature of millennials. Parents and schools are also missing the boat on teaching children at a very young age proper respect, consideration, the sanctity of life, the importance of education and responsibility. They also need to incorporate videos in early middle school about the dangers of drugs and alcohol.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

They should be teaching respect for individuality, personal liberty, property, and trade-off/consequences of the decision making process.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: fritzM

I’m sure it is..

It’s conservative propaganda..

If I had a buckle for everytime they got it right.. I couldn’t pay tax on a dollar..

Shiria law is coming to America!!
Lol

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Everyone complains about millennials but never asks the question....who raised them?

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   

And then once past college years the brainwashing to turn people in to right wingers begins.

I'll believe that crap as soon as tech companies start sending their radical feminists to desensitivity classes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join