It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maybe its time for a right wing military style dictatorship

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
And people wonder why hardcore supporters of Trump who want a far right fundementalist religious dictatorship in America frequently get called 'fascists' and 'nazis'.

It's because a section of the hardcore Trump base are precisely that.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

Correction: SOME people wonder, some of us see right through the facade...

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: dfnj2015
Just think how much smaller government would be if we just had military rule.

Um, military is the government.

I agree. The CEOs of the military industrial establishment RULE this country.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of state and corporate power." Benito Mussolini

Corporations ARE the government!

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   
If you like that idea, there are countries where they are already in place..... help yourself to one! I'll stay here with the others and together we will eventually figure out how to make things better.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Having read this, here is what can be stated:

The op has pointed out how many are stating that the liberals and the democrats are destroying this country, and that said political group are baby killers and mentally retarded. That how the government is too big and a big government is the source of all of our problems. That the congress has a low approval rating and how hated said body is. That the Congress is often gridlock and that it is miserable and only a few are able to stop the majority. How that the country can no longer afford many of the things that make life nice, perhaps it is time to bring in a right wing military style dictatorship, as everyone loves the military. And to that point that the President is already our commander in Chief and the authority that comes down from high. That by having such, that the waste of money on voting and elections cost much and that it would be a smaller government with just the military in charge.

Before I begin I would like to give a quote: …the American people know that one of those parties will be destroyed, and the Republic can't endure very long as a one party system.

The idea of the country going to a military dictatorship is a scary one for there are many things that would be lost. Gone would be the constitution, and all of the freedoms that are so enshrined, held up and debated on. And the president, well if he was not in danger before, he would be even more so. Gone would be the potential for wealth from hard work, the dream would simply become a nightmare. Dissention would be equated as disloyalty and the definition on what it takes to charge a person with treason, would be redefined at the whim of the leader at the time. No more private ownership, no more going in new directions, not without the governments blessing. And as long as the leader were to keep the military happy, he remains in power, but if he does not, or they feel he is no longer of any value or use, said leader is often removed, or they remove the top brass of the military to prevent them from getting too much information.

But have the Democrats and the liberals been so bad for the country? No, not really. It was a liberal and novel idea, that decided that 13 colonies were to break away and become a new country. And that same idea of a liberal nature, worked hard to pass many improvements to get the country back to work and to clean up one of the biggest ecological disasters in modern history. And created the social security system. Then there is the public education and many of the modern miracles in the sciences, medicine and ultimately put a man on the moon. That is what the liberals help to create, shape and mold.

What has become far more apparent in years, is that the political divide has forced many in this country to make a choice, taking on a mentality of we versus them. Many will hold up rights and freedoms, proclaiming don’t take them, but are often at odds, to support or even back the same rights for the other, especially when it does not sit well with them.

Right now the Democrats are the bad guys, cause many see them as stalling and causing gridlock, yet fail to see that about 4 years earlier, it was the Republicans who were doing the exact same thing. Both parties are just as bad as the other. And both have histories where they have supported and even willfully violated the most basic of protections for the people.

Now that quote that I posted and opened up with earlier. That was from a man, who if he got his way would have set this country down on a dangerous path, of being a dictatorship. And that was Senator Joseph McCarthy, a Republican from Wisconsin.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

Almost gave you a TL;DR but decided to go the scenic route and instead I will give you a star, for digesting what the OP had to offer and posting what I thing is a pretty good explanation.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
What are you thoughts?
Why is it important to have a minority party in this country?
Why do we need Congress?
Why do we need liberals and Democrats voting in this country?
What's the point?
What purpose do Democrats and liberals serve???

1) I've read 'A Modest Proposal' too
2) I'd prefer if we had multiple viable parties (10+) or none at all
3) Yes, along with Executive and Judicial
4) We need informed people who understand the history of events that created the USA voting in this country
5) Freedom and personal responsibility
6) Alternative points of view

As others have said, it was just a speech. Reel it in.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
oh yeah every day i think about how much fun i would have getting run over by a tank. move to turkey if you love the military so much. trumpkins have really lost it this time.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: dfnj2015

It’s always more government or much more government for you guys, am I right?

population of the U.S. in 2000...282 million......population in 2017...324 million....40 million difference....Canada has 36 million in total population in 2017....logic dictates that a 40 million increase in population will increase size of government....so you're wrong with your implication
edit on 1-2-2018 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
And people wonder why hardcore supporters of Trump who want a far right fundementalist religious dictatorship in America frequently get called 'fascists' and 'nazis'.

It's because a section of the hardcore Trump base are precisely that.

if it looks like a duck, and walks like a duck........

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

Just out of curiosity, how large is this segment, in your humble opinion?

I'm going to guess it's approaching non-existent.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Seriously though, it's what most Trump voters want. They want an all knowing, all powerful father figure who will wrestle all enemies and opposition into the dirt. They want a completely confident Strong Man who will lead them out of the social no mans land that they are in, a champion who will erase their confusion and fear, and who they can follow back to a economic hegemony and who will punish and degrade those they feel have wronged them.

They just want someone to tell them what to do and take care of them. That's how Trump got elected in the first place. This dictatorship that you speak of is a possibility. It is, deep in their frightened and sullen little hearts, what they want.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join