It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI director shocked to his core by contents of FISA memo

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   

FBI Director Christopher Wray was “shocked to his core” after viewing a four-page FISA memo, a source told Fox News’ Sean Hannity. The next day, he reportedly asked Deputy Director Andrew McCabe to resign.

The four-page memo by House Intelligence Committee chairman Devin Nunes (R-CA) reportedly accuses the FBI of abusing FISA (Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act) warrants to spy on Donald Trump’s campaign. Reports have emerged that McCabe is guilty of asking FBI agents to tamper with witness interviews.

Carter said if the reports about McCabe’s behavior are verified, he will indeed be fired. “I heard they are considering firing him within the next few days if this turns out to be true.”

she believes more resignations will be coming
Source

Well, well... Remember how McCabe abruptly stepped down from his position as deputy director of the FBI the other day? I had a feeling there was more going on behind the scenes, and it turns out it may have been largely due to the Nunes memo. The director of the FBI himself reported that he was "shocked to his core" after seeing the information contained within it.
It looks like this memo has some serious weight to it. There are even reports now that McCabe is guilty of making FBI agents tamper with witness interviews by altering the information afterwards (another very serious crime). McCabe is now apparently facing being fired within the next few days, and more resignations are expected.

I have a feeling this is going to be an interesting State of the Union Address tonight.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   
You are awfully brave to use RT as source in regards to this information.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

I hope all the juicy stuff simmers until later in the week. I think Trump wants his SOTU to be the topic of conversation for a few days. Otherwise it would be more of a waste of time. But then, those who follow CNN will be told what to think and how to react, so they are all squared away.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
First things first.

Not all of the FBI are treasonous bastards.

Unfortunately, some are.

We need a rope. Hang the guilty.

All new leadership is required.

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN

Why? They're one of the best media outlets in the world, and have been recognized as such at worldwide media awards competitions. Of all the media outlets I've been reading over the past several years, RT has consistently been my favorite.

The RT network was nominated in 18 categories of the prestigious international television and film competition, and received awards in half of them – two gold, four silver and three bronze.
Source

Do you base your opinion off of actually reading their stories and watching their programs, or is this just a brainwashed knee-jerk reaction to something just because it's from Russia?

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Seriously, at this point, I'm not going to be surprised by much. Speculation after speculation has been voiced and discussed for weeks, if not months, now.

At this point, with the reveal of the memo possibly on the horizon, I cannot do anything but embrace patience and wait and see what comes of this.

The speculation marathon has been fun, but at this point, I'd rather just be a spectator near the finish line and see what/who crosses it and in which order.

Being a federal employee, though, McCabe's departure is absolutely fishy--no one leaves their service like that unless basically forced to do so for some reason or another. I can't imagine, though, that his pension will be taken by being fired. Of course, if it comes down to that, he'll probably just take the early-retirement option and tender a resignation, if Wray would be willing to accept it.

If this speculation is correct, I would hope that Wray would decline the resignation in lieu of termination.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Here is a question almost as big, IF the memo is as bad as Q and the gang has let on.

What to do with all the Democrats who voted not to release, all the people who wanted the corruption to continue

All the media who know but lied about it

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I hope all the juicy stuff simmers until later in the week. I think Trump wants his SOTU to be the topic of conversation for a few days. Otherwise it would be more of a waste of time. But then, those who follow CNN will be told what to think and how to react, so they are all squared away.

From a timing perspective, I think Monday is a good time to begin taking action. It gives a few days for the SOTU to linger, without dumping big news over the weekend.

Decisions finalized on Saturday for execution on Monday, with statements to the press thereafter. Monday should be a big day, and there are likely several more to follow over the following months. This is just termination/resignation, meaning they are stopping the crimes from happening. There is still investigations, and I expect McCabe, et al will not go down alone. Nor do I expect that they acted as Hillary's friend without some backroom collusion going on.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   
McCabe needs to learn an important lesson, in the nicest way I know how, "Never poop were you eat". In other words, he broke the faith with his fellow agents. I hope the guy get fried, along with anyone else that thinks political partisanship is more important than the justice they were sworn to serve. The FBI is having a hard time with Integrity, or is that just public perception?
edit on 30-1-2018 by Nickn3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   
So many distractions for the masses, so much partisan candy for all the good boys and girls to chew on and so little action taken to change anything for the better..

Enjoy another week of pointless bickering over which side is worse, both are bending us over the barrel but no one cares so long as they can blame who they are told is at fault.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
And he’s going to jail...
Orrrrrr...
Andy’s going to jail..

Fingers crossed

-Chris

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
let me look up about 15 threads on everyone calling Trump a moron for saying there was an illegal wire tap

where's the threads at?

I know a specific member who may or should feel a little, naive.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

In this case the guilty get to resign with full benefits and pension for life, probably a huge advance for a book and a consulting position in a major corporation somewhere.

That's got to be a tough way to go.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

The memo spells the END for democrats, and jail for many, like silly Hillary....

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

From a timing perspective, I think Monday is a good time to begin taking action.

Monday news is always best, but.... this coming Monday would be bad timing. It's Superbowl Sunday.

Knowing the MSM they will cover 99% of the Super Bowl and the halftime show with Justin Timberlake. Then they will throw in a one second hit piece lie about the memo etc...

This Superbowl will be the first that I've ever missed, good riddance NFL.

edit on 06010631pm312018Tue, 30 Jan 2018 17:06:11 -0600 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
And he’s going to jail...
Orrrrrr...
Andy’s going to jail..

Fingers crossed

-Chris

You've misspelt Ohr

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: imitator

Meh. Im no a Neilsen Family, so me watching it has no bearing here or there.
I got 2 racks of ribs to smoke. 1 using a Texas style sauce, and 1 using a vinegar/carolina sauce. Both will be ridiculously good.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   

It's obvious that Chris Wray was as shocked as the Congressmen who saw the H.I.C./Nunes memo. That's why his 2nd in command, McCabe, was given the boot, the very next day.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

The memo spells the END for democrats, and jail for many, like silly Hillary....

Im not sure whether to cry or laugh.

Either way, I am moved.

This is a significant loss.

<<   2 >>

join