It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

police shot my friend/ people burned memorial, cops & fire dep. refuses to put fire out

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: staticfl
Personal responsibility and common sense goes a long way to not dying by the cops.

You really have to try hard to achieve dying by the cops in the UK.

...probably one of the bottom ten most likely deaths of British people lol, prove me wrong with a link though, I'm always open to be educated

edit on 30-1-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: added final sentence

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Probably shouldn't have.

prove me wrong with a link though

Logical fallacy. How embarrassing.

probably one of the bottom ten most likely deaths of British people

Probably the same in the US.

I'm always open to be educated

You're welcome.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I can only give anecdotal experience opinion.
You're welcome.

...we can always compare death by cop per capita statistics if you like though?

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   

It's not "ok" but it's totally the deceased fault by that point in his life.

He persistently rolled the dice in risky situations that he chose.

Pissing a lot of people off along the way, and then plenty more besides.

Over several years.

Its such a well trodden path, it aint a secret loads of folk end up in an early and oft untended grave that way.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: SatansPride

Sounds like your friend the heroin dealer and common thief was hated by his community.

Have any of his customers died overdosing on his products or what was it that made him so well known?

On the other, wait for the investigation to be concluded unless you were there when it happened and witnessed it yourself?

Nobody believes heroin dealers or addicts, even addicts don't trust each other. They steal from each other and steal from their own friends and families. There is good reason not to trust them. Those who enable them only have themselves to blame when it ends up this way.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

we can always compare death by cop per capita statistics if you like though?

That wasn't your initial claim, which is what I responded to. Don't move the goalposts now, because that's a) another fallacious argument and b) not relevant to what I said.

I can only give anecdotal experience opinion.

Which would be yet another fallacy, and why it's generally not good to try and enter into a debate armed only with anecdotal opinions.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Dude, it's unimportant how unlikely you are to get shot by a cop in the UK for a bunch of reasons.

Apples and oranges is one, but most importantly that the perp was in the US and knew that he was. Etc etc.

This aint some US vs UK law/culture thread. Screw that, its well overdone.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: skalla

Am I not allowed to voice an opinion on the apples and oranges then? US cops kill more of their people than other developed nations, per capita.
This thread was inspired by a cop killing someone so I'm not too far off topic in a general sense.
I appreciate US members don't like to discuss the high death by cop rate, but I don't understand why you are advising me to basically shut up about it.
Is that your rule, or something I missed in the T's and C's?

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Death by cop per capita rates are perfectly pertinent to raise when discussing how much easier it is to get shot in the US by police compared to other developed nations.
Do you think not?
Of course if that is not allowed to be discussed in a thread about someone being shot dead by a cop please advise accordingly. I'm sure you'll claim some fallacy and avoid the issue again though lol

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Why state pointless irrelevant stuff and pursue it over several posts.

If the cop had been the Boddhisatva then he would have been able to bring the perp to enlightenment by helping him to shed the illusion of the self.

See. True but pointless and irrelevant.

Ps i'm a brit. This thread aint about the UK tho, not in one tiny way apart from when you force the issue.

edit on 31-1-2018 by skalla because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: skalla

You can always ignore my replies if you like. Are you a mod or something? I'm on my phone so I don't even see avatars.
Strange why you feel in a position to discourage me from posting replies if you are just a regular member like myself.
Address my points or ignore them. I think my comments are generally on topic in a thread about a man being killed by cops, if you don't then report them or ignore them, but please dont act like a mod if you are not.
edit on 31-1-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: typing mistake

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 02:29 AM
link   

You don’t shoot a kid with heroin. Especially if he’s on record.

You sieze his heroin to run tests for the Fentanyl analogues you claim to be having a hard time controlling.

Then you arrest him at one of the locations you know him to be at.

Seems so simple

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I've often wondered why the US has a third world gun crime problem when other nations with the same rate of gun ownership don't.

I had been tempted to think it was a cultural thing, what with the fetishisation of guns on TV and in movies.

Reading this thread, I'm starting to think it's because too many of you think life is cheap.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

My position is in tandem with most developed nations which do not have the death penalty.

Even nations that have the death penalty have due process. It seems to be an archaic concept in some parts of the States now.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Whodathunkdatcheese

I almost sensed blood lust reading some of replies

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Is this the memorial for the dealer friend that ran from the cops the OP posted about in December, or did the OP lose another gang memb -- I mean friend?

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Apparently the same guy, another member kindly informed me.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I believe this is my first reply to you, and just want to offer my sincere kind thoughts for the pain of losing your friend.

I lost my best friend suddenly nearly 2 years ago now and my grief was as harsh as losing my brother, if not worse to be honest.

I also lost a deep old friend a few years back through his heroin use, but I've never wished death on his dealer, my friend made his own choices.

Your friend's crimes do not influence the sympathy and empathy I feel for you. I've had mates go down bad tracks but they've still been my mates, and I've always tried to help them change for the better.

I hope the healing process is swift for you, and please know that some of the replies you've had from other members have saddened me to read.
Feel free to message me if you want to offload to a stranger who cares without cruel judgement.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I don't hold much sympathy for this guy (beyond a sadness at any premature or unnecessary death, and empathy for those close to him... even if scumbags themselves... their pain is real) as he clearly put himself into questionable situations where one of the risks was being shot by an overzealous cop, as unfortunately happened.

Having said that though, I do think the US has an endemic problem with authority shooting people on nothing more than a perceived threat, which is wrong and harps back to wild west mentalities.

Haven't we matured as a society at all? Isn't it better to value all life and institute rehabilitation over penalisation (or instant death in this case)?

I think it's scary that many people think that it's OK to kill someone, regardless of how much of a scum bag they are, without due process.

Cops shouldn't be enforcers, they should be agents of positive change in communities (in the US they are definitely not). People, even scumbags, should feel like they can approach or engage with police without the fear of being shot. A cop that is that edgy and trigger happy shouldn't be a cop.

Cops should be cool headed and trained in mediation, able to diffuse a volatile situation not escalate it, with force being a last resort and deadly force only to be resorted to in response to deadly force, not preemptively.
edit on 31-1-2018 by puzzlesphere because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 02:00 AM
link   

I'm truly sorry about your friends passing. Keep fighting for answers and justice. Put your concerns and complaints in writing, electronically if you can as it stands better for evidence.

I'm sorry about people's attitudes on here, that a young man deserves to be shot and killed just because he dealt a bit of heroin. But it appears that the word skag means people put him on the same level as a serial child abuser and killer. No sympathy? Very strange attitude to have when you know very little about this young man.

People's inability to see victims of drug addiction as people in need of help and support, is a large part of why drug problems prevail in our societies.

Your friend may have lost his path but did not deserve to be gunned down while running away. Its a disgusting use of power and should be criticised and investigated not praised.

Keep fighting the authorities for answers to everything relating to this.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join