It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting Series Worth Watching that were Released Unnoticed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 04:31 AM
link   
What's yours? Here's mine, I hope there's something for everybody:

The Miniaturist
A woman moves to live with her new husband in 17th century Amsterdam, but soon discovers that not everything is what it seems. Based on the adaptation by Jessie Burton.

Philip K. Dick's Electric Dreams
A sci-fi anthology series with stand-alone episodes based on the works of Phillip K. Dick.

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
Miriam "Midge" Maisel, a 1958 New York City woman who has everything she's ever wanted--the perfect husband, two kids, and an elegant Upper West Side apartment perfect for hosting Yom Kippur dinner. But her perfect life suddenly takes an unexpected turn and Midge discovers a previously unknown talent--one that changes her life forever. She charts a course that takes her from her comfortable life on Riverside Drive, through the basket houses and nightclubs of Greenwich Village as she storms the world of stand-up comedy...a course that will ultimately lead her to a spot on Johnny Carson's couch.

Strike
War veteran turned private detective Cormoran Strike solves brutal murders with the help of his trusted assistant Robin Ellacott.

Professor T.

Brockmire
After a public on-air meltdown, a disgraced pro-baseball announcer tries to resurrect his career by signing on with a minor-league team in a small, rust-belt town.

SAS: Rogue Warriors
Journalist and author Ben Macintyre uses the archives of the SAS to examine the history of the famed British Army special forces unit. He combines documents, unseen footage and interviews to tell its story.

Maps: Power, Plunder & Possession
Map expert Professor Jerry Brotton uncovers how maps aren't simply about getting from A to B, but are revealing snapshots of defining moments in history and tools of political power and persuasion.

There's more but that's it for now.

edit on 09 11 2015 by MaxTamesSiva because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I really like Lone Star Law about the Texas Game and Fish officers patrolling and keeping the animals safe and the hunters legal. And punishing the occasional drunk boater.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I had no idea what to expect when I gave this series a try. In short, it is brilliant. The link gives an overview, the first few mins of which will give you all you need to know.

Inside No9

Another brilliant series with a Stranger Things feel is Dark. I watched it on Netflix. The series is German but on Netflix it has been dubbed over in English. This trailer has subtitles, I didn't see one that had been dubbed.

Dark

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: CthulhuMythos

Black mirror is pretty dang cool.
Loved season 4 episode 1. A VR world like that would be so amazing,

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
The Blacklist on Netflix.

Very good in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

I wasn't sure of black mirror when I watched season1, I found the programming within it to be a bit suspect. The more recent stories were much better but still had a good lesson in the tale, thinking of the one where your real life status depends on the number of likes you get online.
I still think Inside no. 9 is a brilliant series.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DeepImpactX

Agreed, I thoroughly enjoyed that series.

Utopia was another fabulous series, not many parts and only 2 series, but a must for conspiracy buffs. Pretty violent at bits though and had a David Lynchness about it at times too.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Quarry
Chance
Man In High castle
Snowfall
The Last Tycoon
Hand of god
Billions

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DeepImpactX

Agreed, I thoroughly enjoyed that series.

Utopia was another fabulous series, not many parts and only 2 series, but a must for conspiracy buffs. Pretty violent at bits though and had a David Lynchness about it at times too.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Thank you guys for your contributions, my list is getting longer. I might be needing an intervention and attend a couch potato anonymous in the near future. Hope you'll find some of these series interesting:

Rebecka Martinsson
When a childhood friend suddenly dies Rebecka Martinsson returns home to the north of Kiruna. But not everything is what it seems.

Marcella
Marcella Backland left the Metropolitan Police for the sake of her family, only to have her husband leave her. She returns to her job on the murder squad, investigating a case that seems disturbingly familiar to her.

Fearless
Emma Banville, a human rights lawyer known for defending lost causes, sets out to prove the innocence of Kevin Russell, who was convicted for the murder of a school girl 14 years earlier.

Anne
The adventures of a young orphaned girl living in the late 19th century. Follow Anne as she learns to navigate her new life on Prince Edward Island, in this new take on L.M. Montgomery's classic novels.

Little Women
Another contemporary take, this time of Alcott's book.

American Gods
Shadow is a man with a past. But now he wants nothing more than to live a quiet life with his wife and stay out of trouble. Until he learns that she's been killed in a terrible accident. Flying home for the funeral, as a violent storm rocks the plane, he is greeted by a strange man in the seat next to him. The man calls himself Mr. Wednesday, and he knows more about Shadow than is possible. He warns Shadow that a far bigger storm is coming. And from that moment on, nothing will ever be the same.

Stan Lee's Lucky Man
What if you could control luck? Would that be the greatest power you could give a man, or his worst nightmare? From the mind of Stan Lee, the comic book legend, comes a different kind of superhero in this bold crime thriller series about a brilliant but flawed cop who can control luck.

The Art of Japanese Life
Dr James Fox examines the art and culture of Japan, exploring the links between culture, the countryside, urban landscapes and religion.

Music For Misfits: The Story of Indie
A look at the development of British indie music, born in the 1970s when the music industry was controlled by the major record labels and releasing a record independently seemed an impossible dream.

Soundbreaking: Stories from the the Cutting Edge of Recorded Music
Soundbreaking is an 8-part, in-depth look at the art of music recording and how it's evolved, from The Beatles' groundbreaking use of multi-track technology to the synthesized stylings of Stevie Wonder, from disco-era drum machines to the modern art of sampling.

Great Art
Great Art is a series that explores the life and work of the world's most celebrated artists. Each episode reveals unique insights into the life of the artists, from exploring the places they lived and worked to uncovering their formative relationships through private letters. Great Art will also provide privileged access to the artists' masterpieces, going behind-the-scenes at the world's leading museums.
(No YT trailer available)

Abstract: The Art of Design
A look beyond blueprints and computers into the art and science of design, showcasing great designers from every discipline whose work shapes our world.

Samurai Jack (Season 5 - The Conclusion)
In the distant past, a Japanese samurai embarks on a mission to defeat the evil shape-shifting wizard Aku. Before he can complete his task, though, he is catapulted thousands of years into the future. He finds himself in a world where Aku now enjoys complete power over every living thing. Dubbing himself "Jack," he sets out on a new quest--to right the wrongs that have been done by his enemy and to find a way back to his own time so he can destroy the evil for good.

The End of the F***ing World
James is 17 and is pretty sure he is a psychopath. Alyssa, also 17, is the cool and moody new girl at school. The pair make a connection and she persuades him to embark on a road trip in search of her real father.

Enjoy.

edit on 09 11 2015 by MaxTamesSiva because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   
"The Fall" on Netflix ~ Three seasons, 18 episodes. Psychological, serial killer thriller set in Belfast. Sophisticated.

"The Kettering Incident" on Amazon Prime ~ First season, 8 episodes. Psychological thriller/UFO story set in New Zealand. Dark.

"Fortitude" on Amazon Prime ~ First two seasons, 22 episodes. Complex murder mystery set on an isolated island off Norway in the Arctic Circle. Stark.

"Tin Star" on Amazon Prime ~ First season, 10 episodes. An alcoholic cop brings his family to an oil town run by organized crime where his young son is murdered. Set in Canada. Beautiful scenery.

"Trapped" on Amazon Prime ~ First season, 10 episodes. Murder mystery set in Iceland. Like "Fortitude", it's stark.

All excellent and engaging.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Lurker1
Thank you... yes, I love The Kettering Incident and Tin Star. I Just watched 2 episodes of Hidden/Craith and it's okay.

The first season of Collateral looks promising and I find Here and Now intriguing despite its a bit annoying strong politically correct flavor on the account of it's paranormal-mystical angle.

I'll check out Trapped and Fortitude.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: MaxTamesSiva
a reply to: Lurker1
Thank you... yes, I love The Kettering Incident and Tin Star. I Just watched 2 episodes of Hidden/Craith and it's okay.

The first season of Collateral looks promising and I find Here and Now intriguing despite its a bit annoying strong politically correct flavor on the account of it's paranormal-mystical angle.

I'll check out Trapped and Fortitude.

Happy to help. ☺️

new topics

top topics

join