It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smartphone battery explodes after man bites into it

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Word is Darwin has cancelled all his advertising. He found he no longer needs it due to a near endless list of volunteers.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

May as well drink your own pish.

www.marieclaire.co.uk... Urotherapy

Then again apparently some people do. LoL
edit on 23-1-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

A shopper in China recently learned that biting a smartphone battery isn’t exactly the best way to test its authenticity.

According to a report from Taiwan News, a man entered an electronics store in China on January 19 in search of a replacement battery for his iPhone. Seemingly suspecting the battery on offer was fake, he inexplicably decided to bite into the unit to see if it was real. Much to his surprise, the battery was indeed legitimate as evident by the fact that it exploded upon being punctured.

Smartphone battery explodes after man bites into it

You bite it, you bought it i suppose.

This kind of special Human being really does illustrate the premise of natural selection rather eloquently through. LoL

I guess it's effective in some way. I mean he probably decided to buy another battery. Probably not the way I'd test it though.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
a reply to: butcherguy

Haha the new idiot challenge.
Let's eat iPhone batteries !

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Not too "smart" ..see what I did there

Good to see natural selection in action, cleanse the earth of the brutally stupid.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   
He should suck on Tide dishwasher gel-pack to ease the pain.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Cause a short in lithium ion batteries and they will explode. The positive and negative should never be put together.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Great, just great. As if I am not already filled with the fear of everything in this world as it is, now I'll be yelling at my phone from across the room when making or receiving calls, and keeping it in the fridge, inside a shipping container, buried 10 feet in the ground and covered with cement, dangling from fishing line, when not in use.

I knew they could go off, but bloody nora...

Oh noodly pasta god, save us all..

The olden days were a much simpler time.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

You certainly phoned that one home.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

In case this guy comes across ATS: Lithium + Water = Explosion

锂加水等于爆炸

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
In other news:

"Man completely surprised and in incredible pain when he realizes holding a nailgun to your head and firing it can put a nail in you"

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I don't mean to be a jerk, but my 3-year-old son is smart enough to not bite something that isn't food.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Batteries can explode just by shorting them out. I had a minicell from a 9v battery blow up in my hand when it was accidentally shorted. It was quite loud, but I was not injured.
edit on b000000312018-01-24T13:57:19-06:0001America/ChicagoWed, 24 Jan 2018 13:57:19 -0600100000018 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   
As a previous poster stated, the problem is not with "shorting it out", it has to do with the element lithium. All metals from the first vertical group in the periodic table react with water. Some of them not so violently, some of them very violently. Moisture is also in the air...or your saliva. Just sayin...

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
I don't mean to be a jerk, but my 3-year-old son is smart enough to not bite something that isn't food.

That is probably because you've taken the time to teach him this important bit of information.

My daughter sent me a link to this today saying that she is saving it to her phone to play for parents who think it is okay for their toddlers to chew on anything that is bigger than their elbow. Her business attracts a lot of kids and parents and they are very careful to arrange their displays so toddlers can't get at things that might be a danger to them. I can't even count the number of times she's tried to warn parents not to let their child chew on their phone only to have them reply, "Oh, he's teething, he chews on everything." From experience she knows that if she attempts to educate them any further, it will be futile if the words, "Well, you know, lithium and water and BOOM!...like in science class." don't phase them.

She also reminded me that my worst worry about her eating habits sprung from her tendency to steal the dogs' Milkbone biscuits from them. She would even trade her cookie to the dog for her biscuit.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Batteries - the quick energy snack.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

The said thing is that the woman standing next to him in the white coat appears to have received the worst of the blast.
She walks away dazed and staring at the floor afterwards while he seems relatively unscathed. What an idiot.

It sucks she is in China, she could own Apple and that store.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   
You and my daughter owe me a keyboard cleaning. Just last night when we were talking about the Tidepod nonsense she suggested this very thing---"Hey kid, when you finish your laundry detergent, would you like some nice fluffy insulation for dessert?"

She taught preschool for over a decade and reports that they worried about kids eating glue sticks, crayons, and stuff pulled out of their noses but never had one eating soap.

(Yeah, you're right---I should know better than to take a drink as a thread is opening!
)

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

You do know that someone is going to read that and put it to the test, right? YouTube video, as well, no doubt...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join