It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Hillary was inevitable then why/how did she lose?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: sdcigarpig

You make a very good point about the free publicity and air-time Trump received. I know they intended it to hurt Trump, but had the exact opposite effect.

Actually, all the free PR and air-time was not meant to hurt Trump at all. Quite the opposite. It was meant to help, promote and elevate Trump so he would become the Republican candidate. The Dems and the DNC wanted to give Hillary Clinton an "easy" rival to beat after she has stolen the Dem nomination from Bernie Sanders

It was called the "Pied Piper Strategy".
Pied Piper

edit on 24-1-2018 by MostlyReading because: fixed link

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: MostlyReading

Thank you -- I stand corrected!

I guess they do too, eh? It sure didn't work out as planned. Which I guess goes back to their over-inflated sense of self-importance. They truly do not understand the (justified) outrage of the people. We haven't found our happy middle ground yet, but we all know that DC is broken.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Well because she was too inevitable. See, when one party/person controls the government and the world completely and entirely, its easy for mistakes to happen.......

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

Yup! I call that getting too big for your britches. They got too cocky for their own good.

But -- as I've noted earlier but perhaps you didn't see -- I'm pretty sure that described Hillary in '08... not in '16. She got cocky and then Team Obama swept the rug right out from under her and she never saw it coming. By '16 though, she knew she'd been used and abused and was about to be tatooed. I truly believe she had her own game plan.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: intrptr

Not quite, I'm still skeptical.

You're supposed to be unsure, unstable, not decided, enthralled even, Engaged better still.
Its real simple, Tune out the 'spews' channels on the magic light box and Washington disappears in a blinding flash of reality.

Well, it just goes click...

(click)

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   
The only people claiming that were Bernie bros, and rwnj’s. Nice try lol, no... not really. a reply to: Boadicea

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
The only people claiming that were Bernie bros, and rwnj’s. Nice try lol, no... not really. a reply to: Boadicea

How cute. You amuse me. So I'll play a little.

"Nice try" to do what? I honestly have absolutely no idea what nefarious intentions you think I have. But do tell... it should tell me much about where your head is at...

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

My answer will not be appreciated by most but here it is...
People's votes don't really matter,NWO* doesn't decide
who gets elected. God,puts people into the positions
they are in.

* These people think they own everyone and everything but they don't.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

My answer will not be appreciated by most but here it is...
People's votes don't really matter,NWO* doesn't decide
who gets elected. God,puts people into the positions
they are in.

You might be pleasantly surprised at how many people have posted similar thoughts in the thread. I don't disagree. But I tend to believe more in divine providence than divine intervention.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
The GOP primary was a Hunger Games fight to produce a victor. The Democrats rigged the process to make sure Hillary won because it was her turn. She had only token resistance within her party, and the one goofy old guy who wasn't even in her party probably would've beaten her if it was a fair deal.

So you go to the general election with Trump having weathered every storm, and Hillary and the rest of the Democrats looking for her inevitable coronation. Unfortunately for her, the only inevitable things are death and taxes.

We dodged the Hillary plague by the narrowest of margins, especially now as it's all coming out how they attempted to use the DOJ, FBI, Little Sisters of the Poor and the Chicago Bears to rig the general for her.

Oops.

The efforts the Democrats used in the 2016 election makes Watergate look like a crochet party. There was no way Nixon was losing to McGovern in '72 and that was all about too many people with not enough to do looking to curry favor with the Big Guy.

The enormity and scope of the illegalities perpetrated in 2016 (and before, going back through the previous administration) are so explosive, no one even wants to consider it. The Media sure as hell doesn't, and neither does the Swamp.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: yeahright

The GOP primary was a Hunger Games fight to produce a victor.

Well said! Best description I've seen yet

The enormity and scope of the illegalities perpetrated in 2016 (and before, going back through the previous administration) are so explosive, no one even wants to consider it. The Media sure as hell doesn't, and neither does the Swamp.

I think you're right about that. And if the people knew, they would never trust anyone in govt ever again... and the PTB just can't have that. But that's exactly what I want! For too long we've had a false sense of security born of arrogance -- "Can't happen to US." We let our systems be compromised when we let our principles be compromised. We failed to trust but verify.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
the democrats did like they always do like they always do repeat something over and over till its true. which didn't workthis election.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

The only time most politicians will listen and want to talk to the public is always around election time. And even then they are going to seem sincere and care, as long as they think that they are going to have your vote. Once that is done, then it is back to business, half the time doing their job, the other half is trying to get donors for the next election or to support the party.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   

All female ticket would not win. You need some type of Diversity. A woman for POTUS and a minority, whether race or religious, for the VPOTUS.

Hell, these schmucks will probably run Biden/Warren....

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
]

I have no doubt that the USA is bigger than we are... and that there was some divine providence involved in the founding of this nation... and that God ain't finished with us yet! But my goodness -- I'm having a hard enough time understanding the ways of mankind without trying to understand all the ways and wonders of the Lord!

Every country says that about themselves.

The British empire said when "civilising" the world, the Spanish empire said to the natives they slaughtered, the Portuguese empire said it when starting the slave trade.

Guess what what? God doesn't play favourites.

USA became a super power for the same reason other powers rised to power a mixture of a positive culture, aggression and taking advantage of opportunities.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I'd vote for Nikki Haley for POTUS tomorrow, if I could.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: yeahright
I'd vote for Nikki Haley for POTUS tomorrow, if I could.

Tulsi gabbard would be my favourite.

Very level headed and common sense orientated.

Would take Nikki if push came to shove as she not to bad herself, only her Israeli arse licking puts me off.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Theprodicalson

Too young, too left.

For me.

[ETA]

Okay, maybe not too left, but definitely too young at this point.

For me.

edit on 1/24/2018 by yeahright because: [ETA]

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

All female ticket would not win.

Of course it wouldn't! But I think the party is gearing up for a woman centric theme for the next election, with the #MeToo and #TimesUp movement setting the tone... "Men are bad" and "Women are good." "Men broke it" and "Women can fix it."

(On a side note, this reminds of Rep McSally telling the rest of congress they need to "grow a pair of ovaries and get the job done!" Hahaha! My vote is hers to lose at this point.)

You need some type of Diversity. A woman for POTUS and a minority, whether race or religious, for the VPOTUS.

Hell, these schmucks will probably run Biden/Warren....

Can't you just see it? Wouldn't even surprise me at this point. But if they do, then their heads need to be examined!

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Theprodicalson

Guess what what? God doesn't play favourites.

Of course not! Part of why I think in terms of divine providence over divine intervention. The good Lord uses whatever channel is open... and works in mysterious ways His wonders for us to behold. So I don't pretend to understand all the divine whys and wherefores. But I do know that all the glories are the Lord's -- not ours! And that's fine with me. I'm happy to let the Lord's will be done -- not mine.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join