It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Hillary was inevitable then why/how did she lose?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Oh, good. Didn't mean to preach to the choir!

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   
After careful thought here is the best reason why Hillary was not elected:

Hillary Clinton was a bad choice for candidate. She came along with a lot of baggage and skeletons in her closet. Everyone was talking about either Benghazi or the emails. The republicans did their job, they tainted her name. In short it was a political witch hunt.

Another reason is the media. If you look carefully back at the 2016 election, Trump, for all of his faults, was getting a lot of media attention, far more than any of the other candidates in the country. If one of them were to do something to make themselves look real good, Trump would say something outlandish and get the media would focus. You could not turn on the news without hearing about Trump, to the point all of the other candidates were drowned out. And ultimately the man got free publicity, thus costing his campaign far less, than the others.

Another aspect is that Russia successfully ran an operation that did interfere in the election. But it was not in ways anyone was expecting. It was, where they used information and started to put out fake stories, unsubstantiated and false, close enough to the truth for people to believe. It was not direct as some would think, but far more subtle. Kind of like putting out rumors on one site, while supplying some information on the other site, and just nudging people to look and come to their own conclusions. Now did people know about this, no one really knows, but there is some evidence that points in that direction. But that is something the investigators will have to discover.

There is some suspicion that there may have been some problems in some parts of the country where it came to the actual votes, from the districts that are put up, to actual denial of votes at the ballot box. But those are far and few between.

Then there is where the voters live. In the larger cities, Clinton did very well, voters voted for her. But in more of the rural areas, a majority of the time Trump got the votes there, so that would be a key indicator. Let’s take this example: Texas. In the city of Dallas, Clinton did well, but when one includes in the surrounding counties that are more rural, Trump took it.

And finally there is one big factor here that should be noted: When half of the eligible voters do not vote, that is one factor above all others. Think about it over 50% of the eligible voters did not go to the polls, and did not cast their vote, what would the election had really looked like if they all got out and voted?

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

I'd agree with a decent amount of this, but one more thing needs to be added..She didnt really any inspire very many people outside of potentially some women because she was a female candidate with a shot to win. She inspired around zero of the people I know in my age range (younger). Nobody I know, even the most liberal of people really were enthusiastic about voting for her.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Being one of two bad choices, she took it for granted and did not put in the effort where she figured she was a shoo in.
Bernie should of been the candidate.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

She was hated so much and unappealing that the amount they Needed to cheat was beyond their reach.

Also the rumor is that mid level 3 letter agency type and ic helped to slow the cheating down.

Either way thank God she didn't get elected and I didn't even vote for trump.

she was a career politicians worthy of being fired not promoted at the very least. She is one of the greater examples of everything wrong in dc. Heck she was the only candidate that made Trump appealing.
edit on 32131America/ChicagoTue, 23 Jan 2018 21:32:07 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I think Hillary’s loss was divine intervention and I am not even religous. Lets face it....she lost a rigged election. There can be no other explanation. There was a higher power that saw what was happening and just said “no way Jose...ain’t happening.” I think he still feels bad after Adolf sold him a lie before he sent him down here.

I will also add that I have been wearing a small crucifix since the day after the election and life has gone a lot smoother. There just might be something to this whole Jesus thing.
edit on 23-1-2018 by Assessor because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-1-2018 by Assessor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
a reply to: Edumakated

Its true, some folks were tired of the BS in Washington, instead of the usual pandering and pillow talk, rather opted for a Hammer.

Trump is that hammer, like our daddys and Uncles, he is an American swearing SOB designed to get s# done and crack on those that would take away from the American people.

I voted for this Hammer and what a ride it has been. I am so happy to have been born in this era.

Amen, brother!

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   
She ran on the "Trump Sucks" train.

The Dems will keep that up this year and 2020.

Good.

It's the easiest way since they have nothing else.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Trump was the anti Globalists America First candidate, Hilary was globalists extraction of America's wealth candidate. It was easy for any dufus to know what is best for him.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Not quite, I'm still skeptical.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

All that can be done to us is to defeat our spirit before we make the day our own.

How many times did you hear "what can you do about it"?

Yes, we sure seem to be hearing that a lot... more and more lately. It's not as easy to brush off as simple pessimism or skepticism any more. There are those who want to defeat our spirit.

All part of the head games.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Do not disagree with anything you wrote. And yet, Oprah is so influential that she can put a book at the top of the NYT bestsellers list with her endorsement.

I think she's scary with her celebrity influence. Trump never had that kind of influence over the *masses*.

I don't doubt she'll run... and no doubt, she'll run as "The Healer" who will magically heal all the wounds inflicted by Team Trump! And, of course, she can also play the "Black Female" card.

We'll have to wait and see how many people actually feel like we need to be "healed". If Trump doesn't make any huge mistakes or get in any huge lies/scandals, I think he'll be re-elected rather easily. Especially if both "sides" keep up with the witch hunt against Trump. I think the vast majority of people are far more outraged with the establishment and if they keep it up, folks will re-elect Trump just to poke the establishment in the eye. (Again -- tee hee hee!)

More than any other presidency, I think Trump's opponents can do far more to get him re-elected than he could even do for himself!

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I agree about Trump and Oprah. Two very different animals.

Corey Booker/Sherrod Brown/Kamala Harris with a Hispanic VP (female) is my prediction.

I've been thinking Kamala Harris... never thought about the Hispanic VP, but you could be right. I doubt it will work out as well as Dems might think though. "Hispanics" are not easily put into one box. Here in AZ, two-thirds of the population is of Mexican descent. Most Mexicans have little if anything in common with other "Hispanics," and here at least, the number of proud Americans of Mexican descent is far greater than the number of illegal "Hispanics" that the Dems pander to. I think they'd have a better chance trying to tap into the Black vote, which they seem to be losing...

They might do even better if they get two women (Harris and Winfrey?) and try to tap the female vote.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Keeping those two things in mind, I think that Oprah has done more good than harm, genuinely a good person, trying to do the right things? Yes, no?

I honestly don't know. I'd like to think so. I believe that she began her career with a good heart and the best of intentions. But I also believe that somewhere along the way that she lost her path. That she began to believe that she was above reproach. "Not my fault! Not my problem!" All of us make honest mistakes... it's how we handle those mistakes that matter.

And in the interest of full disclosure, my opinion comes from a personal experience with her... and things I know from mutual friends and acquaintances. And let's just say I was more than disappointed in her actions. But long before that, when I heard her bragging about using neuro-linguistic programming techniques on her audience, she lost me. If folks want to seek out NLP or hypnosis for their own benefit, great. But it's just not cool when someone uses it on others for their own reward.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Or vote to get the third party candidate who is polling the highest to that 5% they need to get equal ballot access and public funding. Who cares if you vote for the actual winner? I haven't voted for a winner since the 1990s and kind of hope I never do. The POTUS always does stuff I don't want to have contributed to.

I can't imagine any Democrat or Republican president accomplishing something as desperately needed and as fabulous as the tearing down of the wretched two-party system.

If the choice is between two corrupt candidates....I chose to not vote for either and aid & abet the corruption. The day I vote for a third party candidate and they get that magic 5% and don't even come close to actually winning...is the day I feel like the biggest WINNER EVER!

Bravo!!!

I'm right there with you. I voted Harry Browne (Libertarian) in '96 and never looked back...

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: makemap
She lost because all the news sites saying Hilary rigged the vote against Bernie. Majority of Bernie support didn't want Hilary. So Trump was the only option. Also Trump approved that she rigged her votes against Bernie. Dig the internet. Your soo behind.

That's all you've got to add? We've gone over this and lots more already. Dig into the thread. You're soooooooooooooooo behind.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

Thank you for such a well thought-out and well written reply!

You make a very good point about the free publicity and air-time Trump received. I know they intended it to hurt Trump, but had the exact opposite effect. I'll bet they're kicking themselves now, eh?

More to the point, though, I don't think the talking heads on their gilded pedastals quite realize just how little credibility they all have with the public. The average Joe doesn't share their sense of their own self-importance.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Also the rumor is that mid level 3 letter agency type and ic helped to slow the cheating down.

Very interesting... I hadn't heard that. I wonder how?

If true -- oh my! How I wish to be a fly on the wall when Team Hillary found out!!!

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 05:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Assessor
I think Hillary’s loss was divine intervention and I am not even religous.

That could very well be... If so, I would say it was a direct result of the honest and earnest prayers and intentions of good people overwhelming the bad.

Lets face it....she lost a rigged election.

That could very well be too... but if so, I suspect it's because someone else "rigged" it better than she did.

I will also add that I have been wearing a small crucifix since the day after the election and life has gone a lot smoother. There just might be something to this whole Jesus thing.

I've worn a crucifix most of my life, so I can't say if my life is smoother than without it because I really don't know. And neither do I want to find out! But I'm glad it's working well for you!!!

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

It's the easiest way since they have nothing else.

And the saddest part is that I don't even think most understand that. They really have nothing. I'm not a Trump supporter, but neither am I a hater... all they've got is hate, and that isn't going to convince me to vote for their guy. I want something to vote FOR, not just someone to vote AGAINST.

Not just with Trump. With virtually every issue.

And don't tell me how govt will take care of me. Tell me how govt will empower all of us to take care of ourselves so we don't need their stinking scraps!!!

Okay. Now I'm in the "rant" danger zone... I'll stop here.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join