It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slavery was not just the fault of Westerners

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer
a reply to: Revolution9

There is a specific thing for what you're doing (though the exact word eludes me at this moment) wherein you ingratiate yourself in black culture and modalities as you see it in an effort to mask or convince yourself that your not inherently racist. What I think you're incapable of realizing is that kind of reaction is driven from a racist standpoint. Those who are not racist need not (or have no desire to) brag about their 721 black facebook friends as if its a quality that is incompatible with racism (hint: its not).

You are not getting the vibe of my motives at all. I am exposing US ALL. It has to be done now if we are to make any advancements and we must. Time is ticking. Challenges are coming. The Leaders know it. The scientists know it. We have to get the Western ship in shape for all of us, for black and white and for the rest of the world.

There is no word you will find for what I am doing. There are many words. There are many more people like me coming out of the woodwork; it is a post liberal world. For every tug in one direction it will bounce to the other until the solution comes. The solution is in all our heads.

I prostrate myself before evry black man and I say forgive these idiot Westerners. Your own have acted like idiots, too. I want to be friends. I don't want pretend friends. I want real friends. I want to marry a black woman and have mixed race kids, or Jewish or Arabic or English. As a Christian I am instructed I can marry any other religion. If they accept me they are already excepting Christ who is in me as we become one flesh. They do not even have to change their religion. I could marry a Muslim woman and blooming well love it. Arabic women are excellent lovers. They ae fire!Yep! See, I am aTRUE LIBERAL, not a fake one.

How can I be racist? What more proof do you need. Prick me, do I not bleed?

It is time to move on. The hatred will destroy us. The good times could roll if we will let them. We are projecting all our # onto the leaders. Look closer to home. Does my thread not prove the point that there is a festering huge issue here? It is a WORLD ISSUE. It will not go away. In bad times it could be the death of many if taken to extremes. It could happen. Again, I say, it is all real.

I mean EVERY WORD I write. When I am wrong I dance like a silly clown and ridicule myself. I am not doing that here. Nope, I am despairing that all my friends are fairweather fake friends there. They hate me really for all the good I have tried to do and all the money I have spent. It "hertz" (deliberate allusion to music). I can't help any more because I am rejected.

I don't model myself on black people. I model myself on Bob Dylan and Amy Winehouse. They both had a thing for black people. They were rich and famous so they came flocking to them and they had lots of fun (too much for Amy). I am not rich. They HATE ME. I love them.

I must accept my failure and rejection. My God tells me if they don't accept you then move on. Brush the dust from your feet, Christ says. Today I am just telling you all that I am moving on. ATS let a crazy guy like me be here with my rantings. You are my internet people. I learn from you much more. I am not putting up with that crap any longer.

We do not have much of a clue what race or gender, what age or what social class people here are. I like that. Yet that festering sore needs dealing with, America. I can smell the puss from over the other side of the Atlantic. If I can you bet my God can. I bet it smells like a very UNsweet savour unto the Lord, lol.

See, there is no hate here. I would wash all your feet; black, white rich or poor, smelly or not smelly. In so doing I would be telling my God that I am a teacher to you and great; it would be an excellent upgrade, lol. Christ said of John the Baptist that He would be LEAST in the Kingdom. What do you think that means? I tell you He is meaning MOST for that awful thing John had to do. You know John had to watch as his fame decreased and had to watch Jesus being a total success. He had to watch as his people dwindled, his fan base lost to a better and more important performer. He had to go to prison as Jesus walked free with His admirers. He had to suffer beheading just because Herod's wife was pissed at something He said (that was actually the true Law of Israel at the time and it was an outrage what Herod had done). Yes, John will be Christ's right hand man for sure.

The meek shall inherit the earth; THE MEEK, not the hauughty puffed up high and mighty. Don't try to be too much the "main man"; you may lose the bloody lot by so doing.

I am out of the rest of this thread. I have limited energy and I have tried just to answer some of the criticism and misunderstandings. I am gonna disappear back into the crowd like my Lord used to when the heat was on. "He who fights and runs away, lives to fight another day". (Bob Marley - who died a Christian of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church - Bob was a winner in the end)."

edit on 23-1-2018 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-1-2018 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Out of all the countries that have had slaves over the years, "a whole damn lot" for some reason the United States seems to retain the blame for past generations.
Never mind we were a British colony that owned slaves.

I refuse to pay for the sins of my ancestors.

It's not the slavery per se as most European countries are guilty of having traded slaves. It's what happened in the US until the 60s, not 200 years ago but only last century:

People that were treated like third class human beings only 70 years ago are still alive today. Segregation against black people didn't happen in Europe like in the US, although in England there were signs in certain places saying 'No blacks No Irish'. But it was down to racist individuals, not institutional and enforced by government like in America.

Yup, this was my point. My mother drank at those water fountains. We aren't too far removed. While slavery was bad, it was the previous 100 years with government sanction segregation, jim crow, etc that really screwed up race relations.

After slavery, blacks were starting to integrate into society. Starting businesses. getting into politics. Most of the historically black colleges were founded right after the civil war and they were pumping out educated blacks. Thing went really down hill after Woodrow Wilson basically federalized segregation.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I have had to wipe black asses, "white" asses, Muslim asses. I did it all without any kind of discrimnation. In Heaven it is a mighty deed, but on the earth it is a deed that they despise you for (except the one you are doing it for). Every nurse and doctor knows what I mean. Every liver and heart is the same colour. Every ass is just as smelly.

Verily I say unto ye, wipe each other's asses and everything be irie.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9
Over many years I have read a great deal about slavery.

The African people that came to the U.S were mainly from West Africa. Many have a bee in their bonnet that they are Egyptian, descended from royal Egyptian blood, which is very amusing

So says the holy bible,

I have seen servants upon horses, and princes walking as servants upon the earth. -- KJV, Ecclesiastes 10:7

So the Africans who used to be Kings and Royalty at one time, became servants and slaves in another time.

It's the cycle.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Firstly to Revolution 9:- STOP using the mythological book that is the Bible to try to prove your history it is quite erroneous.
Secondly to Agartha, Kurokage and Edumacated:- Just how Hypocritical can any person be. At the moment in the USA there is a mass movement from black people to have their own spaces, their own university rooms and even their own biased courses.
THAT ladies and gentleman is NOT equality it is segregation on black terms or a better word you might understand APARTHEID. What do you want, the signs swapping over in the wash room so the "colored" has the better sink.
Just look at the photos you've shown, they all show blacks with their own spaces, what they want today. But then you'll say ,but that's on the white mans terms. MLK would be ultra spinning in his grave at todays blacks antics.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   

OK where do I start, you are all over the place, but let's start with the main premise of your post, now your Facebook group can be woefully misinformed but such is social networks , everyone and their moms have an opinion, but as to their family experience yes, that's the default ppl to generalized and go to, Africans or others who held slaves especially Africans will not register for good reason, they came under Western slave system.

And let me just say this, often times I have heard Self identified "white" folks bragging that their ancestors held Africans or black folks as slaves, and they are natural masters of the Blacks, from time immemorial. Now that blk folks flipped the script many cry foul and say ..but..but my ancestors were too. Even in some new agey twist on history they claimed White ppl are from outer space and they created a black slave race to dig for gold... is a thing.

Are Ancient Egyptians, the New world Blacks and west Africans are they related??... the quick answer is yes!! But in a general way, as most ancient Egyptians as well as some moderns are Africans and shared the same wet Saharan landscape and culture as those who became Egyptians after the Sahara dried up, and All West Africans were formally east Africans, not only that the contacts were never broken between East and West Africa.
Now if you think I don't challenge bs and Ill formed opinions from what ever quarter go here.
Black Slave Owners:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[
[
edit on 23-1-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

That why I said "problemS" with an S, plural. I didn't pick a side or colour, but you seemed to have. All sides seem be to suffering at the moment, the average person just wants eqallity and to get on with there life.

edit on 23-1-2018 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage
I agree with you, I think a huge part of the "race relations" problems in the USA stems from segregation and attitudes around those times as much as slavery and early America.

Absolutely. I know people who still remembers those times, they are too recent, like Edumakated.

originally posted by: Edumakated
Yup, this was my point. My mother drank at those water fountains. We aren't too far removed. While slavery was bad, it was the previous 100 years with government sanction segregation, jim crow, etc that really screwed up race relations.

After slavery, blacks were starting to integrate into society. Starting businesses. getting into politics. Most of the historically black colleges were founded right after the civil war and they were pumping out educated blacks. Thing went really down hill after Woodrow Wilson basically federalized segregation.

And now you have Trump as president, who has been sued many times in the past for discriminating against black.... history really repeats itself sometimes.

originally posted by: crayzeed

Secondly to Agartha, Kurokage and Edumacated:- Just how Hypocritical can any person be. At the moment in the USA there is a mass movement from black people to have their own spaces, their own university rooms and even their own biased courses.

Show me evidence and then I can reply to your point.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Slavery was common years ago. The slaves were not all black, just read the old testament, it talks about servitude which is slavery. They just discovered black people were easy to acquire and easier to identify if they ran away. They did not blend in with white people.

The belittlement of blacks that existed in the USA wasn't so much of a thing in other parts of the world. I do not know how this started here in America, maybe because a lot of early settlers were people let out of prison in Europe to tame this country and rid it of the Indians.

The black people around here have historically been good people, some of the ones in cities sure are disruptive. I am kind of glad the good ones move up here to live instead of the bad ones. We got enough people doing drugs around here and breaking into people's houses, we do not need more bad people up here, no matter what race they are.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

The Egyptians were terrible enslavers. All their structures were built by slaves; African, Nubian, from the land of Cush, anywhere they could get their hands on able bodies for forced 

No! No! No! and no!, the ancient Egyptians never used slaves from where ever to build their buildings, it was conscripted labor after the harvest season, like a tax, the Egyptians were not a major slave society, although domestic house hold slaves were a thing, I don't care how many silly movies are out there or the the biblical narrative about Moses.it's just not true, Kush-ites were sometimes captured as POWs much the same as captured Egyptians by Kush-ites but importing slaves into Egypt was not really necessary as they had a large local work force.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: illuminnaughty
Must be alright to have slaves as GOD said so
If its ok with GOD then whats the problem? What a nice GOD these religious nutters have.

You need to study more. they also had to treat them well and care for them.owners who mistreated slaves were punished if they were caught being unkind to them.

Bible later goes on to discorage it if i remember.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

There have been slaves since recorded history,of all races,the United States was formed by rich and their"indentured servants" nice way of saying a slave,no nationality hasn't been in some form of slavery,so it's a moot point IMO

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

There have been slaves since recorded history,of all races...

All men are slaves to their own passions and desires.

The external slavery, where one man is enslaved to fulfill another mans passions and desires, was introduced to enable mankind to understand this concept, and awaken him to his own true condition.

That's because it's easier to judge others, than make judgments about ourselves.

It being easier to see the mote in our brothers eye, than the huge beam in our own eye.

edit on 23-1-2018 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I would agree with the OP considering slavery was around before "the west" was even a thing...

We have been enslaving and oppressing one another for tens of thousands if years. It was "the west" that finally determined it's inhuman to own another human being...

Yet somehow it supposed to be ashamed of a small drop in a big oceanic problem?

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Even after being a Brit colony US retained slave trading tell Civil War happened. US out of all countries that went against the Brits chose to be some more evil than it is suppose to be.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Just another Pro white and anti Black post - common theme on forums

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: theruthlessone
Just another Pro white and anti Black post - common theme on forums

Seems to me its a ANTI SLAVERy thread and not what you suggest it is. OPs title didnt say anything about BLACKS in it. if you take it to be that ..thats your personal view and not what th eOP posted.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 03:03 AM
link   

If your argument is that African tribes and civilizations enslaved their own peoples then yes you are correct. But the origins of slavery is still largely debatable. In a technical sense the earliest recorded account of slavery goes back to the Mesopotamian civilization which spanned from present day Iraq all the way to present day Greece - accounts go as far back as 3500 BC. Mesopotamia is considered one of the ancient western civilizations and among the sources of cultural infuences into Europe.

So, in a technical sense, as far back as accounts go, slavery goes right back to the 'west'.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

that post deserves some special award -for " something "

the rebuttal however is simple :

slavery has been a world wide phenonemon throughout recorded history - so to " trace it back to "the west "" is simply assanine

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian
I think you ought to look at your atlas again. Mesopotamia aint in the West it was in the Middle East, about Iraq.
In answer to Agartha for evidence of black people wanting their own areas, courses. I aint going to look for you look for yourself there are loads of posts on ATS BLM etc with evidence for this.
In answer to Kurocage, I did not pich any side or color the OP did. His title doesn't mention any color but his post goes on a diatribe of poor put on black people., White western peoples fault. The OP highlights Black people.
In answer to Yuppa, go read his thread. As above his title didn't mention any color but his thread is pure I have loads of black friend and they're all angry about white people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join