It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Declares Earth is More Suseptible To Asteroids During U.S. Govt Shutdown.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   
CNN's "experts" are generally Anti-America nutjobs. But in this instance, there might be a shred of truth to their outlandish warning.

Two CNN correspondents claimed during an episode of The Lead with Jake Tapper that an asteroid could potentially threaten the Earth if the government shutdown continues.

CNN correspondent Tom Foreman recalled the time NASA could not monitor “potentially dangerous asteroids” for over two weeks, implying that NASA would not be able to prevent an asteroid attack if it hit Earth while the government shut down.

“In space, that same year, for more than two weeks, NASA reportedly stopped monitoring potentially dangerous asteroids. A big one, by the way, is expected to brush by Earth on February 4th,” Foreman noted.

SOURCE ARTICLE: www.breitbart.com...

What difference would it make if the U.S. government is unable warn the world of a collision, since we can't prevent that collision anyway?

And, aren't there any other governments, or private concerns on the planet, who can warn the world that an Asteroid is incoming?

If CNN wants to be better than a tabloid, the network should petition the governments of the world to build an Asteroid Destroyer in space, or one that can be launched from Earth. If humankind had that capability, 24/7 asteroid monitoring would never be interrupted.

-CareWeMust

edit on 1/21/2018 by carewemust because: corrected typo in title

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

CNN, I'll have a Big Mac with no buns, and 2 scoops please. Make it to go.

And you might want to attend the restrooms as they are overflowing with @%$#

edit on 21-1-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Great.

So the Dems put their hate of Trump and love of illegals over not only Americans at large, but human civilization at large.

They've gone from anti-American to anti-civilization.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   

edit on 21-1-2018 by bgerbger because: right wing idiots pulling sh*t out of context

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   
CNN's poor ratings have caused layoffs...

Cracked.com has had to let writers go, as well... for essentially the same reason.

Looks like a few of those Cracked guys have been hired on by CNN, as an effort to improve the network's credibility.

Awesome.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 11:32 PM
link   
This could be a great blessing for everyone. Everyone's enemies wiped out all in one swoop. Of course we have to sacrifice ourselves for this greater good.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Sorry gotta call bollocks on this one. If an asteroid was coming at the earth, they would know months in advance if it would hit the earth (or the probability) therefore the only thing they could do is identify an object they hadn't already seen.

And then what are they going to do? Send out an emergency broadcast so people put their kids in storm drains?

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 11:51 PM
link   
The article is nothing but fear mongering. There is nothing we can do about asteroids, we usually have them tagged ahead of time anyway, at least the ones we know about.

I hope the person who wrote that article doesn't believe it is something we should worry about during a shutdown.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Chicken little news lol guess everyone needs some comedy in life

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 12:01 AM
link   
CNN says NASA would not be able to prevent an asteroid attack? Ffs....who can?
I think that says the article and CNN are schtoopid ....ya think?
edit on 22-1-2018 by hiddenNZ because: Dumb CNN and nasa

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   
This is quite abit to do with nothing.

In space, that same year, for more than two weeks, NASA reportedly stopped monitoring potentially dangerous asteroids. A big one, by the way, is expected to brush by Earth on February 4th.

That's what all the hoopla is about. Cmon folks.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
Great.

So the Dems put their hate of Trump and love of illegals over not only Americans at large, but human civilization at large.

They've gone from anti-American to anti-civilization.

Since CNN is the primary on-air mouthpiece for Democrats, you may be right. Wish I was a meme master like some ATS members. Now would be a good time for a an adult snowflake saying, "Mommy I'm Scared!" while watching CNN.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Probably better not to know anyway.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150
CNN's poor ratings have caused layoffs...

Cracked.com has had to let writers go, as well... for essentially the same reason.

Looks like a few of those Cracked guys have been hired on by CNN, as an effort to improve the network's credibility.

Awesome.

Yeah.. before the CNN layoffs, they had talented people who could construct FAKE rescues, FAKE gas attacks, FAKE protests, etc.. Now they've hired replacements who are mental home rejects.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
This could be a great blessing for everyone. Everyone's enemies wiped out all in one swoop. Of course we have to sacrifice ourselves for this greater good.

Instead of a wall, lets build an Asteroid defense system. We've already got plenty of nukes.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: SkeptiSchism

Exactly right. If an Asteroid peels off from the flock and starts careening towards Earth, what difference does it make if we're not made aware ASAP? So what... we lose 5, 10, 20 days advance notice. Now, if NASA is shut down for a few months, we'd get no advance notice. No opportunity to party hard in advance.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Yep,party popping bastards,that would piss me off more than being fried sober.

link   

Yep,party popping bastards,that would piss me off more than being fried sober.

link   

originally posted by: hiddenNZ
CNN says NASA would not be able to prevent an asteroid attack? Ffs....who can?
I think that says the article and CNN are schtoopid ....ya think?

What's crazy is that the CNN reporters look so serious when saying stupid things. I think they actually believe that there is an Asteroid defense system, operated by NASA.

link   

edit on 1/22/2018 by carewemust because: removed double post

top topics

<<   2 >>

join