It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Colorado Bill Could Implement Nanotechnology to Track Legal Cannabis

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Heads up, I think people are being experimented on by big pharma

A new Colorado bill would require the implementation of technology to scan cannabis to determine whether it was legally purchased.

Colorado lawmakers have introduced a new bill which would require the development of “marijuana tracking technology” to help law enforcement distinguish between legal and illegally purchased cannabis. The bill, SB18-029, was introduced by Representatives Leroy Garcia, Daniel Pabon, Kent D. Lambert and Yeulin Willett on January 10 under the title “Development of Marijuana Tracking Technology.”

According to the text of the bill, it will require the Institute of Cannabis Research at Colorado State University – Pueblo to develop cannabis tracking technology. The bill calls for development of an “agent” that can be applied to cannabis plants or products, industrial hemp or industrial hemp products. The cannabis or hemp product would then be scanned by another device which would indicate whether the cannabis or help was “cultivated, manufactured, or sold by a licensed marijuana business or registered hemp cultivator.”
www.blacklistednews.com...

According to the text of the bill,

The Institute may determine whether the marijuana tracking technology should be nanotechnology; isotopic; chemical, or biological identifiers; other available technology; or a combination of any technologies.

Then there is this new mysterious illness called cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome, or CHS:

Mysterious illness tied to marijuana use on the rise in states with legal weed

NEW YORK -- For more than two years, Lance Crowder was having severe abdominal pain and vomiting, and no local doctor could figure out why. Finally, an emergency room physician in Indianapolis had an idea.

“The first question he asked was if I was taking hot showers to find relief. When he asked me that question, I basically fell into tears because I knew he had an answer,” Crowder said.

The answer was cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome, or CHS. It’s caused by heavy, long-term use of various forms of marijuana.
www.cbsnews.com...

So again, big pharma up to their old tricks, I like the end of that first article, the conclusion:

At the end of the day the bill is a perfect illustration of how big of a joke the War on Drugs has become. The people of Colorado have decided they want to use cannabis recreationally and medically. However, instead of being free to do so they had to convince the legislature to leave them alone. Now that the law has changed, the lawmakers want to continue exploiting the prohibition of drugs like cannabis by pursuing “illegal” users.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Um. Nope. That's not good. Would not trust that.

Not one bit.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

They probably want it to be part of a comprehensive database, tie all purchases together in your 'file' and even test for your consumption with urine or blood tests.

Probably why they allowed legalization in the first place, because they'll begin genetic marking for all products in time. Like for checking out at the grocery store, just scan the food with a scanner instead of a label. All the information is encoded in the genetic material of the vegetable or meat.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Attention Please:

"i) Narcotics and illicit mind-altering substances, legal or otherwise: discussing personal use or personal experiences as the result of such substances is not allowed in any form. "

Discussion of personal use will get the thread removed.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
This is why I think this crypto may take off, as the logistics seem to be what the lawmakers want.

Budbo

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
They want to make sure that they are getting their cut of the money in taxes, so what are they going to do? probably spray legal weed with chemicals that can detected by an electronic sniffer.They don`t care what happens to you when you smoke the chemical laden weed.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: bluechevytree

I think it's deeper than that, it's genetic engineering. I bet it's a test case for doing this to all vegetables and meats. The entire food production system is a just in time automat basically. They''d love to have their price tags embedded at a genetic level in their products.

It would make inventory tasks subject to near complete automation.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Legislation that requires the invention of a new technology...nice.

On behalf of Colordans, I apologize for the ignorance coming out of our state legislature. We can't help it, we've seen a huge increase of illegal immigration from California.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SkeptiSchism

My mind always runns to follow the money. So doesnt CO tax legal sales? So illegal sales eat at their tax revenue?

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: SkeptiSchism

That would entitle an awful lot of technological advancement in NanoTech. And very expensive. Perhaps 25-50 years from now ?
I have read about the same thing with prescription medication to assist the doctor in determining if the patient is taking their meds as prescribed. Way down the road , if at all.

Then there is this new mysterious illness called cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome, or CHS

Believed to be caused by the addition of a yet unknown substance at dealer level. Helps the "patient" to keep coming back for more.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

My premise is ordo ab chao. Nobody minds if marijuana users are experimented on right? Or at least anyone who doesn't use marijuana like most legislators I assume.

Seems like a perfect test bed for these kinds of programs, and it would also help explain why the feds aren't legalizing it because it allows for testing programs like this.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
What good is that going to do? You can legally grow up to 6 plants on your own. What happens if they scan that? Do you get in trouble for buying it illegally? Makes zero sense...

You can even gift up to an ounce to someone. What happens to them?
edit on 19-1-2018 by TheLotLizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

To answer your question, yes they do tax the legal sales or else Amendment 64 could have never passed right? But it's interesting because the industry is forced to use cash only, because it's still a scheduled narcotic according to federal law and banks can't process payments, extend credit, or any services for the product.

So the legal shops must be paying the state and local governments in cash which the state then has to deal with. I'm sure the state would like an electronic system where they could just collect taxes from bank accounts electronically.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

I'd think once they get a comprehensive system running they'll amend the amendment (pun) and make it illegal to grow your own or once the feds finally legalize it, the feds will comprehensively outlaw growing your own creating a monopoly for corporate growers.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkeptiSchism

I'd think once they get a comprehensive system running they'll amend the amendment (pun) and make it illegal to grow your own or once the feds finally legalize it, the feds will comprehensively outlaw growing your own creating a monopoly for corporate growers.

Wouldn’t it just be better illegal at that point? I’m in California. 90% of counties already banned the sales and most of them are outlawing outdoor grows altogether.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Anyway I saw the article today and thought I'd share. It's funny how you think there's finally some progress for personal liberty then a couple years later all your thoughts on the matter change.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Wow don't ask me, I think all drugs should be de-criminalized and then people take responsibility for their own actions. I knew if they legalized it that in time they'll add in all sorts of twisted laws to screw it all up.

As far as I know it's still illegal to distill your own alcohol.

edit on 19-1-2018 by SkeptiSchism because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join