It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A-10 Replacement... Any news?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

How blind are you?

The US is basically NATOs military sturcture. The rest are mairly satelite nations..

No other NATO nation spends as much on its military and intelligence as the US does. And gues who shares all this?

I Guess you know why the US stopped the pruduction of the F-22s now? It was not just the US government who had a hand in that......
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

Wow, seriously? So when does NATO start spending to help us pay for all our equipment?

I suppose you have actual proof for all these claims right? Not just "because I say so" or "the US is the military arm of NATO", or "I have friends at NATO that told me". You do realize that the US has military operations that have absolutely nothing to do with NATO, right? Things that NATO isn't even remotely involved in, so require equipment that NATO has no say in, right? Or were all those greenlighted by NATO too?

Give me a break. Just because we're the military arm of NATO doesn't mean we totally surrendered decisions about our military to NATO and let them decide what we buy and when. Alliances don't work that way. You still are completely independent on what you buy for your own purposes, and own use, and you determine what you make available for the alliance agreement. We don't have to allow NATO to use anything classified we don't choose to allow used. It's entirely up to the Pentagon.
edit on 1/18/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

So when does NATO start spending to help us pay for all our equipment?

Good...., Think about that for some thime Zap.....

There is no doubt that the US want to do much more, but as you can see..., its not really up to the US what they want to spend their their military budget on. I Guess that is the illusion that is hard to see past. The US would not even have all their military bases arround the world unless it was agreed upon..... ?

The F-35 Project would not have taken Place without the support of its allies. And it would not have not taken Place if the its allies would not buy the Aircraft. That have been a big issue and you know it.

The US wont even be able to build their 6th genesration bomber or fighter without a concent from its allies. This prosess is not even a US government case, but a joint Allied issue.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Yeah ok. More claims that require proof. Prove even some of what you are saying. Prove that the US has completely subjugated itself to Europe.

As for the consent for bases, no kidding, really? You mean we had to get permission to put bases on foreign soil? Who would have guessed that! That doesn't give the people we have alliances with the right to dictate our military policy to us.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Yeah, ok, keep telling yourself that. Yes

Well who is actually being told this Zap......

As for the consent for bases, no kidding, really? You mean we had to get permission to put bases on foreign soil? Who would have guessed that! That doesn't give the people we have alliances with the right to dictate our military policy to us.

Yes...... I know its hard for a American to take this in. The reason you argue like you do is, becaue you dont know the purpose of the alliance.

Your past presidents have given you People many hints...

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Prove it. Put your money where your mouth is.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Prove it. Put your money where your mouth is.

Tha is going to demand work on my part...... lol

I know that you will see the truth in a few years. I give the A-10... 17 years. You can come back and prove me wrong in about 8 years. Because that is when the New option is going to be ready.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Ok sure, whatever you say. In the meantime, we'll just be decided our own military decisions while I continue to laugh about your claims.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slanter
Haha, I've got friends in the Civil Air Patrol that are waiting with baited breath for the A-10 to be decommissioned because they're hoping the A-10 will be reassigned as a civilian patrol craft.

Some of them are like "Yea, if they just take that gun out it'd make a great slow-flying search and rescue aircraft."

I'm pretty sure you can't just take the gun out of the A-10, as far as I'm aware the A-10 was pretty much designed like this.

"Hey, we designed this giant gatling gun the size of a volkswagen, what should we do with it?"

"Build an airplane around it."

Probably will end up as fire spotters in place of the OV-10s..

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Meant to post this a long time ago. Got distracted:

www.thedrive.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Flying triangle with a Pew Pew out the bottom work?

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blackfinger
Flying triangle with a Pew Pew out the bottom work?

If you could hear gamma rays, would positrons go "brrrt"?

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

my wonder with this is would there be enough power produced within these triangles to support the antimatter/DEW weapon like we saw back in 04-utah or if it would strictly be a EW/ECW craft

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: kingofyo1

i remember seeing on a docu that an entire bus for what neck what burned and broken but the rest of the body i ffine.. Personally thinl they haddent ironded out the kins in there crowd control microwaves and the exposed threw glass part of their bodies were literally cooked

they moved those systems out of iraq

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join