It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vertitas video; Twitter shadow bans pro trump people

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   
The newest Project Vertias video has twitter employees describing how they shadow ban people with political views they dont like, particularly trump people.

In a conversation with former Twitter Content Review Agent Mo Norai on May 16th, 2017, we learned that in the past Twitter would manually ban or censor Pro-Trump or conservative content. When asked about the process of banning accounts, Norai said, “On stuff like that it was more discretion on your view point, I guess how you felt about a particular matter…”

When asked to clarify if that process was automated Norai confirmed that it was not:

“Yeah, if they said this is: ‘Pro-Trump’ I don’t want it because it offends me, this, that. And I say I banned this whole thing, and it goes over here and they are like, ‘Oh you know what? I don’t like it too. You know what? Mo’s right, let’s go, let’s carry on, what’s next?'”

Norai also revealed that more left-leaning content would go through their selection process with less political scrutiny, “It would come through checked and then I would be like ‘Oh you know what? This is okay. Let it go.’”

Norai explains that this selection process wasn’t exactly Twitter policy, but rather they were following unwritten rules from the top:

“A lot of unwritten rules, and being that we’re in San Francisco, we’re in California, very liberal, a very blue state. You had to be… I mean as a company you can’t really say it because it would make you look bad, but behind closed doors are lots of rules.”

“There was, I would say… Twitter was probably about 90% Anti-Trump, maybe 99% Anti-Trump.”

At a San Francisco bar on January 5th, Pranay Singh details how the shadow-banning algorithms targeting right-leaning are engineered:

“Yeah you look for Trump, or America, and you have like five thousand keywords to describe a redneck. Then you look and parse all the messages, all the pictures, and then you look for stuff that matches that stuff.”

www.projectveritas.com... ing-political-opinions/

I have to admit I dont like the way O'Keefe edits his videos.

But after watching it, the people do say what he is claiming.

This is the point I want to make.

We know that the main stream media has been about 95% negative coverage for trump.

And now we are starting to see that social media sites like twitter are also attempting to censor pro trump or conservative opinions.

We have this story with twitter, along with many past allegations of shadow banning or outright banning conservative posts.

We have accusations of facebook steering people from right wing posts. We have youtube demonetizing many right wing posts.

Imagine what sort of effect this has on peoples opinions.

We have congressional groups saying russian trolls on social media are a huge threat to the country. If thats the case, how much more of a threat is the companies themselves censoring right wing content.

edit on 11-1-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Censorship is the language of dictators.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   
no tears for facebook , twitter ( and Youtube)

its actually a war againt allll the alternative media.. not just the trump faith

www.rt.com...

QSocial network profile to become official ID in China
Published time: 27 Dec, 2017 23:21
Edited time: 28 Dec, 2017 08:39
Get short URL
China’s largest social media network, WeChat, is set to become an official electronic personal identification system in the country, with a WeChat ID pilot program launched in Guangzhou’s Nansha District.
On Monday, the authorities in the southern province of Guangzhou announced that its citizens will soon be able to identify themselves through WeChat (‘Weixin’ in China), Xinhua reported. The virtual ID card will be as valid as a paper identification issued by the Chinese state, it added.It will provide access to online and offline government services and other things that require authentication such as hotel registration and ticketing. The move is aimed at preventing online identity theft, thanks to facial recognition technology used to verify applicants before providing them with online IDs.

The ID cards are available in “lightweight” format when a simple proof of identity is needed and in “upgraded” format for more complicated cases, including those requiring business registration.

Over 30,000 people have applied for WeChat ID cards in the 24 hours following the launch of the trial. According to Xinhua, the program will swiftly cover the whole of Guangzhou, before being expanded to other regions of the country starting from January 2018.

The ID card project was co-developed by the research institute of the Chinese Ministry of Public Security and WeChat developers Tencent, with the support of the banking sector and several other government agencies."
hallo . china recentyl made facebook as an... state ID
edit on 11-1-2018 by airowineSailorcat because: (no reason given)

............ no tears for MSM mediums.........

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Yeah you look for Trump, or America, and you have like five thousand keywords to describe a redneck. Then you look and parse all the messages, all the pictures, and then you look for stuff that matches that stuff.”

I only need one.

NAZI's.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Aww poor little Cult 45'ers got kicked out of the playground for being brats & bullies, so sad.

Maybe if they could learn to behave in a civilized fashion people would stop telling them to leave the party.

Because that's all this is, just people, you know society, telling these abrasive ignorant lowborn instigators to behave or GTFO.

Censorship pffft, this is nothing more than a good public stoning of the obnoxious.

K~

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

the last batch of Veritas' work with the newspapers was pretty underwhelming, but this footage is hard to argue with.

...and it says a lot about those who would argue against it.

+24 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek
Aww poor little Cult 45'ers got kicked out of the playground for being brats & bullies, so sad.

Maybe if they could learn to behave in a civilized fashion people would stop telling them to leave the party.

Because that's all this is, just people, you know society, telling these abrasive ignorant lowborn instigators to behave or GTFO.

Censorship pffft, this is nothing more than a good public stoning of the obnoxious.

K~

Before telling other people to act "civilized" perhaps you should work on it yourself.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

The leftists must be ecstatic!

Government censorship by proxy!

Google and Twitter are an anathema to free speech.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Twitter,Facebook and other social media sites don't do this kind of thing they said. You're just a conspiracy theorist they said. Well how about that. During the inauguration there was an unusual high amount of anti-Trump tweets dominating the "official" hashtags. I spotted a lot of messages from people claiming that pro-Trump tweets didn't show up in the "official" hashtags. They had to work around that kind of strange filter and keep inventing new hashtags to get their messages out.

I noticed the same kind of method being used just yesterday after it was revealed that the 7-11 raid was authorized and planned by the Obama admin 4 years ago. Only a few tweets managed to set the record straight but they got buried very quickly. It's more common than you would think.

edit on 11-1-2018 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

K~

Let me guess you took at face value that the 7-11 illegal immigration raids were Trumps idea? Right?

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Part of Tweeters plan is to label wrong talk and make the claim that all of it is Russian Bot's ...I sure hope ATS doesn't take up this kind of policy because most or a lot of posters have been labeled as Russian Shills on this site.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

K~

From what I understand, Twitter has been working overtime trying to keep things in check and it goes beyond just being Right wing or pro-Trump. With all of the Q Anon BS that is going around, they are having to keep an eye on some very inappropriate content and accusations.

So I can see why they would want to squash certain content from being perpetuated on their platform. In all honesty, people are crossing too many lines.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   
when you can't win with logic

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

K~

From what I understand, Twitter has been working overtime trying to keep things in check and it goes beyond just being Right wing or pro-Trump. With all of the Q Anon BS that is going around, they are having to keep an eye on some very inappropriate content and accusations.

So I can see why they would want to squash certain content from being perpetuated on their platform. In all honesty, people are crossing too many lines.

Funny I didnt see anyone mentioning Q in the video.

I did see them saying they were 99 percent anti trump, and they looked to target "red neck" things.
edit on 11-1-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Exposure such as this is a good thing. People need to gravitate away from vast Silicon Valley corps such as this. Standard Oil was dissolved based on a far less monopoly than what these companies possess over information.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

K~

I did see them saying they were 99 percent any trump, and they looked to target "red neck" things.

Introvert is really obsessed with Q. Weird since it is all a LARP or a HOAX according to some members. Odd.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

No need for a Most Bigoted Hypocrite in ATS Awards. It'd be a slam dunk.
edit on 11-1-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

K~

I did see them saying they were 99 percent anti trump, and they looked to target "red neck" things.

The Q nonsense is just one aspect that I have experienced. I did not say it was included in the video.

That being said, they are more than welcome to do as they please with their private property.

We also cannot forget that only around 20% of adults in the US use twitter. Therefore it seems logical that they would shape their content to fit the age groups that actually use the platform consistently.

In the end, I don't care what they do, even if the "censor" Left Wing people.

Twitter is for teenage girls and I couldn't care less what they think about politics.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

K~

I did see them saying they were 99 percent any trump, and they looked to target "red neck" things.

Introvert is really obsessed with Q. Weird since it is all a LARP or a HOAX according to some members. Odd.

When did I become the topic? Odd that you guys are quickly becoming obsessed with me.

Anyway, I can see that you hold your Q stories very near and dear to your heart.

I find it kind of sick that grown adults would fabricate lies about other adults and child molestation, but as we found after Pizzagate, you guys have no shame in your game.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I find it kind of sick that grown adults would fabricate lies about other adults and child molestation, but as we found after Pizzagate, you guys have no shame in your game.

Says the people that's been whining bout Russia for over a year, and weaponized law enforcement agencies as an extension of their political party.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join