It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you check to see how many stars your posts get?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 11:42 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:20 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:25 AM
link   
What difference does it make? What do stars really mean?

I just check occasionally for a response and sometimes I wish I didn't do that. We have a good share of smug responders who like to tear you down or argue nonsense.

Too busy for silly internet people.

I do enjoy intelligent and thoughtful responses that make me think a little deeper. That's why I like ATS.

Smart alecks just move along.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: antiantonym
I go back and check to see how many stars...

Yes, I look at stars. Not so much my own stars, but the stars of various other posters.

Helps me to separate the "humans" from the "machines", the "customers" verses "employees", etc.. responding on ATS.

For example, when a "machine code" responds to a post, it might just say:

Gluuk!

and it immediately gets 50 stars.

You know that's not a human.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Attention Please.

The topic is about how many stars posts receive. It's in the Chit-Chat section and not the Pit.

Discuss the topic, not the member.

Do not reply to this post.

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: antiantonym

Yes, I check stars. Not so much flags.

I think that both stars and flags give some indication of the popularity of the topic or the post.

Sometimes it surprises me that something I think is interesting or funny, gets nothing, and other things that I don't think are that great, get stars.

I take that to evidence that I am weird and out of touch.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Sometimes it surprises me that something I think is interesting or funny, gets nothing, and other things that I don't think are that great, get stars.

It's just brand recognition. 2 members can post the exact same thing verbatim a few posts away from each other and the 'more recognized' member will pull down stars like Super Mario (even if posting the latter post in a thread.)

It's the same thing in the grocery store when you buy Coca-Cola instead of store brand; you'd never know the taste difference blind, but gosh that logo/ avatar makes all the difference!

edit on 9-1-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 01:54 AM
link   
all the time. i live and die by these things.

ETA: WHAT NO STARS YET?????

ETA2: thank you, it's nice to be appreciated. i can sleep tonight
edit on 9-1-2018 by fiverx313 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 02:24 AM
link   
At this point.. No... Stars... Flags.. whatever the trophy is and the lightening bolt is.. No.

I just contribute.. if you like it great.. if not.. great too.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 02:43 AM
link   
rarely, but at the cost of sounding pretentious, once in a while i will post something that i think, wholeheartedly has meaning, something that can stimulate or push the conversation forward, so from time to time i will go look if had an impact.
it's probably happened 5 times since i've been here, but hey, that's gotta count for something!

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Yes i go back and check to see if i actually get any stars! to me its fun to watch them grow! Some members must be mighty busy replying to every thread to get stars in the hundreds of thousands to millions? To me it's nice to see that someone agrees with what I'm commenting on or maybe it's a "right on man" kind of thing, but i suppose there are those that believe they are the biggest Kahuna in the thread with the most stars! They have just been here longer!
edit on 03 08 2017 by TimHeller because: had to remove a wayword T

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 02:59 AM
link   
No why can you redeem them for ATS bucks? whats the use it is what it is

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I sometimes do the reverse.
That is, I notice that my star count has gone up unexpectedly, think "Where on earth did that come from?", and check the most recent posts to satisfy my curiosity.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TimHeller

Some members must be mighty busy replying to every thread to get stars in the hundreds of thousands to millions?

That was a glitch when they updated the site.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 04:28 AM
link   
the stars and flags at ATS = an absurd joke

any one who thinks that they are any metric of quality or veracity

needs to look at :

thread one

thread 2

the stars have been stripped from all posts - but trust me - the OP got lots of stars for the above drivel

still think flags // stars are meaningful ?
edit on 9-1-2018 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 05:04 AM
link   

I am usually blown away as you say when reading your posts.

I am like, in deep thought of admiration and forget to give you the praise you so terribly deserve.

This is also an opportunity to thank you for giving us the grace of your genius that makes our lives that less shaded in our ignorance.

My god, you are full of stars.

edit on 1 9 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

(post by ignorant_ape removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   
No, because if your post if pro Trump, pro rightwinger, you will get a lot of stars automatically, in almost no time.
I check if threads have too much stars for too less time and don´t read that stuff often then, because i know it is pro Trump or rightwinger stuff.

Stars are useless except one uses them to avoid pro Trump and rightwinger threads!

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join