It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anybody know of a website that has a "Future Technology of the Month" type feature?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I'm looking for a site or blog that every week updates with a futuristic technology idea, invention or concept. I've tried sites like futuretimeline.net, SingularityHub, Nextbigfuture- all the big ones. They don't have what I'm looking for. The YouTube channel of Isacc Arthur was the closest but he focuses mainly on space stuff. I'm looking for an under the radar site or obscure blog or podcast that every week has a featured technology of the week.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   
There is a forum on the darknet that details futuristic tech. Lots of discussions about how UFOs work (supposedly) and patents.

No ones allowed to link that stuff here but it's a start.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: CoolioHulioo

Have you tried cryptogon?

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   
You could also try Steve Quayle, I know he's out there but he does link up articles from a lot of different websites. So if you checked his site periodically over a month or so you could glean where he's pulling off his links.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I use a few, try.....

phys.org...

And

www.newsnow.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Sounds like one of those stores you want to walk into but doesnt exist, so its up to you to build the place.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 11:40 PM
link   

probably not exactly what are looking for but they cover latest tech

www.technologyreview.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Kim Kommando has all kinds of different tech newsletters you can get. I actually receive about a half-dozen of them. Other than the ads in their emails they are pretty solid.

Kim Kommando

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 01:10 AM
link   
To be honest I think you'll be better off finding some good YT channel resources.

YT'ers are very good at putting out new content.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Well in a commercial type of way ,
there are these:

www.dudeiwantthat.com...

and touchofmodern.com

But then there is this: www.darpa.mil...

www.lockheedmartin.com...

www.nsa.gov...

www.magazine-agent.com-sub.info...

All the good things that you will never learn at College.

S&F

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Not exactly what you're describing but they've got a fairly steady stream of new and interesting things in tech/science/gadgets/robotics/architecture/future living/etc:

New Atlas (formerly gizmag.com)
edit on 2018-1-8 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   
www.theverge.com...

This might spark your interest. Coming soon, a resurrection of sorts...

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I subscribe to Wired and Popular Science Magazines. They also have digital tablet versions and pretty good websites.

Wired

Popular Science

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Kalixi

What's the name of this blog?

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

edit on 8-1-2018 by CoolioHulioo because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-1-2018 by CoolioHulioo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   

If it's illegal to do so then forget it but if it's not please tell me the name of the forum

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

FWIW, keep an eye on Amazon for pretty good yearly subs.

Among others, I got PS and Wired for $5/yr. Pretty satisfied with that..

YouTube is a good source too, perhaps simply due to scale and scope. Ill have to check out some of the links in the thread.

Its not too tough to find updates on specific areas, but general type stuff seems a bit less common.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Site: Extreme Tech (.com). Usually has a "Best of the month".

Blog: Next Big Future (Brian Wang). They do a round up of space stories called, "Space Carnival". They cover a bunch of different tech stories too. Be careful! The guy is pro tech and I have seen single-sourced articles put up (like a room temperature superconductor was created in Japan with no other links), which, since nobody else in the world has reported on leaves me suspicious.

Phys.org does a "Best of last week" (??? or maybe month, IDK. I am there so often that I don't bother to read them!)

A word of warning! If the "science story" is MSM or a PR, there is usually not much "science" in the story! Most PRs (Eurakalert, for example), just reprint what they are handed with no fact checks or follow up. You can tell those stories/PRs by the "Gee whiz!" factor.

Happy hunting!

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Futurism

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Nano Alien Technology and Aeon

top topics

<<   2 >>

join