It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PASSPORT required even for DOMESTIC FLIGHT starting Jan 22, 2018

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   
At this point in time, how relevant is it?

Not trying to derail the thread, so let me explain my opinion.

We are all walking around with smartphones that track everywhere we go, and listen to our conversations.
We are continuously monitored while in airports or any other transportation infrastructure.
We don't really have anonymity at this point, so what's the difference?

Tangent: When you have sanctuary states(and wannabe sanctuary states) giving identification to illegal immigrants, how can this be bad?
Minnesota for example has been receiving federal funds to become compliant for 2 years(or more) and still isn't complying...
Where the hell did that money go?
Why aren't they held accountable?
Gee, every liberal state in the union thinks they can beg for cash and then piss it away on whatever they want, and not be prosecuted for it?
Screw em', if they can't comply with the laws, then they can quit asking for money.

As for the rest of us law abiding, tax paying citizens?
We don't care, we're not breaking laws by traveling.

If you can't prove residency, no passport, no travel...
Boo friggin who for you..

The rest of us will still be traveling as needed or wanted, because we don't have sh#t to hide.

Besides, TSA might actually earn their keep for once...
edit on 7-1-2018 by Hewhowaits because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jiggly
if you dont have a proper ID and passport you shouldnt be allowed to fly.. period

I don't see what ID has to do with flying specifically.

When I get on the bus, nobody asks me for my ID.

I'm the same person on the bus, as I am on the plane.

Weird.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Planette
In the future, when you make a thread like this please post the pertinent information. Like, oh I don't know, the nine states you claim are not in compliance with Real ID and will require a passport?

According to Homeland Security, only Minnesota and Missouri are non-compliant. It is a bit outdated though, which is why I think it is important you provide a list of the states being claimed to require passports for flight. If you are going to bring us a claim, we would like the data posted as well. No, "just watch the video" does not cut it either.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   
For Alaska

What is the current status of REAL ID in Alaska?
Alaska has an extension for REAL ID enforcement, allowing Federal Agencies to accept driver’s licenses and identifications cards from Alaska. The DMV is currently working with Homeland Security to get an extension for another year as we work towards developing the systems to produce these compliant documents on January 1, 2019.DHS REAL ID Enforcement: Alaska...

Will I still be able to get on base and fly with my current DL/ID?
Yes, we are in the process of requesting an extension. The State of Alaska has applied for another extension with the Department of Homeland Security to allow Alaskan’s the ability to continue to use their current DL/ID’s. 18 other states currently have extensions. The DMV will continue to work with Homeland Security for extensions until we are able to produce the cards January 1, 2019

Do I have to get a REAL ID/DL?
No, you do not. That is the great thing about our new law, you have a choice.

What documents will I need?
Primary documents are the most important documents to prove your legal and name and date of birth.
An original or certified copy of a U.S. birth certificate (From Vital Statistics)
Passport or passport card issued by the United States or US Territory
A foreign passport with appropriate immigration status forms issued by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service
A resident alien, temporary resident alien, or employment work authorization document issued by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service
U.S. military identification for active duty, retiree, or reservist
Certificate of Citizenship, Naturalization, or Birth Abroad

Is REAL ID just a way to create a national database?
No. REAL ID does NOT create a federal database of driver license information and does not create national identification cards. REAL ID is a set of national standards for issuing licenses and identification cards . Each jurisdiction continues to issue its own unique license, maintains its own records, and controls who gets access to those records and under what circumstances. The purpose of REAL ID is to make our identity documents more consistent and secure.

Will the card have a chip in it?
No. REAL ID cards do not have a chip in them.

Seems to be some false information floating around about this. All I will need to do is take in my birth certificate, hand over $20 and get a new one. Same thing I did to get the original when I moved here 18 years ago.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   
This is a true outrage and it should be fought against happening or reversed. (The chipped) part is unacceptable.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Hewhowaits

Correct but it's the same reason that when you go to the DMV or any other .gov office they want to see your identity. Because none of them talk to each other because they would have to trim down their size.

Inefficiency rules .gov, makes them $$

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   
The levels of naivety in this thread is astonishing, but not surprising in the least.

"Real ID will not create a database".... LMAO

"Doesn't bother those of us who don't break laws or have nothing to hide" .... LMAO

" I can't wait to get on board with this" .....LMAO

Some folks just can't or are willfully unable to comprehend the extent of invasive control that is being forced upon them.

"Land of the Free...." Most don't deserve freedom at all because they use the poorest, most apathetic excuses to slip past the responsibility of actually maintaining it.

It's f#king sad that mere convenience is all it takes to strip the balls off the populace.

Shameful.... and be ashamed if buy into this crap.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

"Doesn't bother those of us who don't break laws or have nothing to hide" .... LMAO

Everybody breaks the laws.

You've just never been challenged.

The laws are written so that whenever the state wants it can "get you".

Most people are just unaware, because they aren't in any particular group that get's "picked on".

Not too long ago a middle class black woman was stopped in the street in her own neighborhood by the cops. Pulled over for running on the street. There were no other cars in the area. It was quiet as usual. She was puzzled, why the cops pulled her over. She was just out for her usual jog. The cops told her "she was impeding the flow of traffic" which was illegal, she was supposed to stay on the sidewalk. She never heard of such a law. But, she knows now, because she's black. She's in one of the particular "groups" that learn the laws the hard way. There's a law for every situation. If you haven't been informed you're breaking some law, it's just because they are not interested in "targeting" you.
edit on 7-1-2018 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Passengers would be wise to wear DEPENDS as well. I heard that airplane bathrooms are increasingly being closed for maintenance.

Where on earth did you hear that?

I'm going to take a wild guess here and say you don't fly very much....

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow
What exactly do you believe REAL ID does?? The Fed does not need to create a new database, it has free access to any and all of the databases of the fifty states.

There are no microchips in them. I had to renew my license a couple months back, fifty #ing dollars! I microwaved my old one just to see, no reactions occurred that would normally happen with metal. I had to stop it before the heat destroyed the plastic though.

No chip, no federal database (The FBI also already has a profile for nearly all Americans anyways unrelated to REALID).
So then besides creating a uniform standard for identity verification to get one, what else do you actually believe it did??

I used to freak out about it because I thought it would have a chip. But they never chipped the cards... so I got over it.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   
It does create a database.

One of the big lies being told by supporters of the REAL-ID Act of 2005 is that, as the DHS says on its official “Rumor Control” page, “Fact: REAL ID does not build a national database nor does it grant the Federal Government or another state access to a state’s driver’s license data.” According to another DHS Web page, “REAL ID Frequently Asked Questions for the Public“:

Q: Is DHS trying to build a national database with all of our information?

No. … REAL ID does not create a federal database of driver license information. In fact, as we’ve been pointing out and as others have noted, the REAL-ID Act is both building a national database and requiring any state that wants to issue drivers’ licenses or state ID cards that are “compliant” with the REAL-ID Act to grant all other states access to their state’s drivers’ license and ID card data.

Continued...

Here’s what we’ve been able to find out about the centralized national ID database the DHS claims doesn’t exist, what information it contains, how it works, and who operates it:
The REAL-ID Act requires each state that issues any compliant driver’s licenses or ID cards to, “Provide electronic access to all other States to information contained in the motor vehicle database of the State” including, “at a minimum — (A) all data fields printed on drivers’ licenses and identification cards issued by the State; and (B) motor vehicle drivers’ histories, including motor vehicle violations, suspensions, and points on licenses.”

Source

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake
it provides for state to state access to existing databases. It is not creating anything new.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Belief is synonymous with faith to which I have none as it pertains to the government.

But here's a fact since 2007:

www.dhs.gov...

Now since that's a fact, (and remember my faithless position concerning government), are you seriously that naive to think RFID chips will only apply to passports???

Another question, what's with the RFID in the first place? Why are they needed?

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: dreamingawake
it provides for state to state access to existing databases. It is not creating anything new.

You're right, it's only expanding an existing database.

edit on E31America/ChicagoSun, 07 Jan 2018 23:26:02 -06001pmSundayth11pm by EternalShadow because: correction

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Okay so we got a source other than Youtube clip?

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Planette
in at least 9 states, passport will be required even for a flight within USA.. apparently cause those sates have not met real-ID requirements of Fed.

plus by 2020, all ID must be chipped. gosh, what's the next deadlne at this rapid rate?

Been wondering when this would come along.

This will get rolled out in all the slave states of the US govt including my country within a short period.

Its just part of the ever increasing surveillance of individuals and to get them comfortable with being stopped and therefore accepting of carrying their identity on them every where they go.

When we travel by plane internationally, we get our identity checked at both ends. This new move will ensure this happens at each end of domestic travel too.

Moreover, it will slowly extend to motor vehicle, train, ferry and bus journeys as well. I reckon it will eventually extend to having to show them at the door of cinemas, concerts, sporting venues etc.

Why do I think this will happen?

Dr Day said in his 1969 speech entitled "Everything is in Place and No One Can Stop us Now' said in relation to travel:

Restrictions on Travel - Not everybody should be free to travel the way they do now in the United States. Travel is a privilege. Travel then would become very restricted. People would need permission to travel and they would need a good reason to travel. If you didn't have a good reason for your travel you would not be allowed to travel.

Everyone would need ID. This would at first be an ID card you would carry on your person and you must show when you are asked for it. It was already planned that later on some sort of device would be developed to be implanted under the skin that would be coded specifically to identify the individual. This would eliminate the possibility of false ID and also eliminate the possibility of people saying, "Well, I lost my ID."

The difficulty about these skin-implanted ID was stated to be getting material that would stay in or under the skin without causing foreign body reaction whereby the body would reject it or cause infection, and that this would have to be material on which information could be recorded and retrieved by some sort of scanner while it was not rejected by the body.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I don't fly much... but how much is this gona cost ?
It looks like in my local area a passport can cost approx $200.
That is not affordable for me right now.

Will prices drop if they require everyone to obtain a passport ?
I may not need one anyways... but ya never know.

leolady

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Passengers would be wise to wear DEPENDS as well. I heard that airplane bathrooms are increasingly being closed for maintenance.

That and they tend to beat the crap out of you

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Its a voluntary issue.

I wont fly so long as there is a TSA.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: leolady

I don't fly much... but how much is this gona cost ?
It looks like in my local area a passport can cost approx $200.
That is not affordable for me right now.

Will prices drop if they require everyone to obtain a passport ?
I may not need one anyways... but ya never know.

leolady

not sure on first time application fees for u.s passport these days . but for renewal its u.s 110.00 and they touchy as hell on the pics just got told today at embassy that have to go retake the damn pic because it didnt meet their standards after having it taken at the place they said to . suspect they getting kickback from the photo studio for sending them people . also if your outside the u.s and ever need help from embassy your basically screwed as unless you have an appointment bastards wont even let you past the gate so make sure to schedule any travel emergencies in advance .

<< 1    3 >>

join