It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PASSPORT required even for DOMESTIC FLIGHT starting Jan 22, 2018

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I'm not actually seeing the problem with this. In the U.K. your passport is just another form of ID I see no difference between my passport and my driving license. I've flown a few internal flights in the U.K. (London to Scotland) and I've always had to have my passport and to be quite fair I saw no issues with it

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

In America, being asked for ID is akin to "Show me ze paperz!!!"

We are a very libertarian society at heart, especially out in the rural areas. The idea of having to prove i am an American citizen, or that i am innocent of deadly intent, pisses me off. There is no probable cause. Nor is there any evidence that all this faux security actually does anything other than slow down travel and piss people off.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

For me as a South African,this does sound like over reach,for sure.I cannot see one reason for having to show ID for domestic flights,locally that concept is unheard of.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow
e-passports are for the VISA waiver Program. Did you miss that fact? I know at least a dozen people with passports, none of them have chips. Including my cousin from Tunisia, my cousins from Canada, my mama and grandma, and other cousins from Colombia, a Nigerian friend of mine. If I apply to get a passport for next month, it will not have a chip in it. Perhaps do not try to skew the facts?

Maybe I was just lucky to be born a US citizen, but then again I don't even travel by air, I drive. I drive to New Mexico, Texas, South Carolina, Arkansas or pretty much wherever I feel like it. Neither my ID is chipped and I do not need an unchipped passport. You know what though, I bet your credit and debit card is chipped. Do you have issue with that? I don't have a Bank account, so guess what, I have no chipped card either

Its all voluntary. My major concern for the mark of the beast is these crypto's and their eventual mandatory adoption through legislation. You want to talk biblical apocalypse, thats it right there. RealID is not even close though.

The main thing Real ID does is require you to prove who you are with a certified Birth Certificate and your social as well as two proofs of residency to your current address. No chips, no federal national database.

Listen, I think you should just relax, and really understand that as presently codified into law, the Real ID act is really nothing more than the ID equivalent of the 50 state reciprocity for concealed carry for the federal government.

This passport thing is only stating that a Passport is a federally issued ID that is applicable for use in flying if you are a resident of a non-compliant state. Those states presently only being Missouri and Minnesota.

Please tell me that enhances your calm...

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
"Papers please," like Nazi Germany.

Not sure they were as polite with their tyranny...think it was more just barking 'Papers', with no 'please'.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

In America, being asked for ID is akin to "Show me ze paperz!!!"

We are a very libertarian society at heart, especially out in the rural areas. The idea of having to prove i am an American citizen, or that i am innocent of deadly intent, pisses me off. There is no probable cause. Nor is there any evidence that all this faux security actually does anything other than slow down travel and piss people off.

Yeah I get what you are saying and see your point I guess things are a little different over here across the pond. You're right in what you are saying as regards to not having to prove yourself for no reason. I think I've just always taken my passport when flying whether it's internal or not just because it is a valid form of ID and if I were to be asked for my ID then my passport can prove who I am it's a legal accepted form. I also think it avoids any unnecessary confusion when it comes to checking it

Having worked in the retail sector for over 15 years which includes serving people alcohol and tobacco I've had to deal with so many angry people who have tried passing off their bank cards or library card as a form of ID. So carrying my passport just stops any problems when it comes to proving who I am

Meh I dunno, I'm youngish so I suppose I'm just use the way but I must say I never feel like I'm being violated or feel like I'm in nazi germany whenever I'm asked for ID.

Your point is taken though and understood

Edit: just thought I'd say as well, the way 'multicultural' Britain is going I'm glad people need to show ID
edit on 8-1-2018 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH
That's temporary. Soon, there won't be any need for papers at all. You'll get a chip. No one will ask you anything.

We'll never be 'chipped' because that would mean voters could be easily ID'd at the polls.

That is the last thing that politicians want.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

That's temporary. Soon, there won't be any need for papers at all. You'll get a chip. No one will ask you anything.

We'll never be 'chipped' because that would mean voters could be easily ID'd at the polls.

What polls?

There wont be any physical polling places.

You'll just wifi your vote in across the internet, the same way you send bitcoin, safe, anonymous, and secure.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

What polls?

There wont be any physical polling places.

You'll just wifi your vote in across the internet, the same way you send bitcoin, safe, anonymous, and secure.

Ha...ok...I can see where that could happen based on experiments with internet voting that have failed...but, obviously we are being led there.

But we won't be chipped until online voting is up and running and fully under the politicians' control!

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker
I'm not actually seeing the problem with this. In the U.K. your passport is just another form of ID I see no difference between my passport and my driving license. I've flown a few internal flights in the U.K. (London to Scotland) and I've always had to have my passport and to be quite fair I saw no issues with it

Problem in the US is that many (if not the majority of) people don't even have a passport. Until now, you've only ever needed on to leave and reenter the country. I know a lot of folks who have never left their state, much less the USA.

I see mandatory passports about as easy for Americans to get used to as the metric system. We know how that went.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

Exactly the database throughout is the issue.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Listen, I think you should just relax, and really understand that as presently codified into law, the Real ID act is really nothing more than the ID equivalent of the 50 state reciprocity for concealed carry for the federal government.

You're 100 percent fine with that? Well, some of us aren't. See that's where we'll have to agree to disagree here.
I'm so calm to be hassled and pay more for the ID or the passport when my license should be fine enough as it is in my own state. What this boils down to is the system wants Washington State(and others) to require all licenses to be issued with proof of birth certificate(which is a hassle for legal citizens might I add).

At least with a passport now, as I have seen with others using at that boarder crossing, the US side coming back to my own country might target me less. Shouldn't have to be like that though.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join