It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Physicists Just Created The World's First Time Crystal

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Information! I love Information like this!

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: Blender5L
a reply to: dfnj2015

isn't this live evidence God is participating in the act of creation right before our eyes.

For all we know, what's perceived as God could be a mass of Intelligent energy entangled negative ionic movement affecting how our brains receive and process information.

Or, in other words, without God we would not be capable of having meaningful thoughts. Maybe there's a deeper connection between the observer and what is observed than we currently have in our standard model. Maybe what constitutes the human mind actually exists more outside the brain than what is inside the brain.

Unexplained does not have to become God, we are still very ignorant regarding interdimensional energy. This is how religion started, something unexplained/magical happens and some humans jump right to "it's the creator!".

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   

a reply to: Blender5L

Not to crack your enthusiasm but isn't movement without energy a violation of the law of conservation of energy? This sounds like free-energy.

Physically you can only create time crystals in systems which are not in equilibrium. To keep a system out of equilibrium you have to continuously supply energy. No free lunch here.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluesjr

isn't this live evidence God is participating in the act of creation right before our eyes.

For all we know, what's perceived as God could be a mass of Intelligent energy entangled negative ionic movement affecting how our brains receive and process information.

Or, in other words, without God we would not be capable of having meaningful thoughts. Maybe there's a deeper connection between the observer and what is observed than we currently have in our standard model. Maybe what constitutes the human mind actually exists more outside the brain than what is inside the brain.

Unexplained does not have to become God, we are still very ignorant regarding interdimensional energy. This is how religion started, something unexplained/magical happens and some humans jump right to "it's the creator!".

That's the thing about people who believe in a singular God, it can't be boxed, and it can't be categorized into one extreme area alone. That's the difference with Religion vs Free Thinkers. I won't say belief is a crutch, ok maybe it is a crutch. There's this space between belief and knowing, I call it the gray area. The place where real growth begins.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
Yeah, that's how it starts. First. we find time crystals, next thing you know Thanos is sending the Chitari to attack New York.

(Just bookmarking this for later reading.)

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Or.. We 'are' God observing ourselves interdimentionally.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Time Crystals.

These things actually exist! BEC CREW 7 OCT 2016

It's kind of misleading to make a post in 2018 saying something "just happened" that happened in 2016, but it's an interesting topic though somewhat technical. In fact the wiki article on time crystals has a note about it being too technical for most readers to understand:

Time Crystal

This article may be too technical for most readers to understand. Please help improve it to make it understandable to non-experts, without removing the technical details.
That may be easier said than done, lol.

originally posted by: bluesjr
Yes, also known as the "God of the Gaps", it's a risky thing to invoke as Tyson explains:

Neil Tyson Quotes

[In response to the view beholden by some religious people that God is the cause of various inexplicable events...] If that's how you want to invoke your evidence for God, then God is an ever-receding pocket of scientific ignorance that's getting smaller and smaller and smaller as time moves on. So, just be ready for that to happen, if that's how you want to come at the problem. So that's just simply the God of the gaps argument.
It's true we don't understand consciousness or dark energy, but there have been many things in the past we didn't understand that we finally figured out, like it's not rain gods that make it rain and so on. It's possible we might figure out dark energy and consciousness someday too.

By the way I suspect most physicists think dark energy has more to do with vacuum energy and the cosmological constant, than interdimensional energy.

edit on 201812 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur
And you mentioned this because?

It's kind of misleading to make a post in 2018 saying something "just happened" that happened in 2016, but it's an interesting topic though somewhat technical. In fact the wiki article on time crystals has a note about it being too technical for most readers to understand:

If I mentioned a Tesla invention would you sneer at me for it? lol. yeah ok. All you got to do is read simple.

Moving on, you mentioned,

It's true we don't understand consciousness or dark energy, but there have been many things in the past we didn't understand that we finally figured out, like it's not rain gods that make it rain and so on. It's possible we might figure out dark energy and consciousness someday too. By the way I suspect most physicists think dark energy has more to do with vacuum energy and the cosmological constant, than interdimensional energy.

I think this is far removed from simplistic rain God material. But your choice your intellectual decision right.
There's more going on than what people fathom is going on. Now interdimensional energy that's a very interesting concept in itself, again only a concept like most things are but nonetheless interesting as hell.

edit on 2-1-2018 by Blender5L because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Great.

So what does this mean?

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry
Great.

So what does this mean?

Infinite possibilities my good man, infinite possibilities.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

And you mentioned this because?

If I mentioned a Tesla invention would you sneer at me for it? lol. yeah ok.
That depends on which invention and what claims were applied to it. Tesla made some useful inventions and others are widely misunderstood with wild unsupported claims attached.

All you got to do is read simple.
Anybody can attempt to read it, but most people on a non-technical forum like this one aren't going to have the technical background to understand what's really going on in the experiment.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   

So what does this mean?

Time crystals might have some use in quantum computing. But it is really just basic research at the moment.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Sorry I couldn't resist

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Time crystals do not violate the laws of thermodynamics: energy in the overall system is conserved, such a crystal does not spontaneously convert thermal energy into mechanical work, and it cannot serve as a perpetual store of work. But it may change perpetually in a fixed pattern in time for as long as the system can be maintained. They possess "motion without energy"[19]—their apparent motion does not represent conventional kinetic energy.[20] It has been proven that a time crystal cannot exist in thermal equilibrium. Recent years have seen more studies of non-equilibrium quantum fluctuations.[21]

Source: Wikipedia ( with citations )

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry
Great.

So what does this mean?

Infinite possibilities my good man, infinite possibilities.

Ok possibilities like what?

No ones really said where this could lead or what applications it could be used for

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: moebius

So what does this mean?

Time crystals might have some use in quantum computing. But it is really just basic research at the moment.

Thanks For that one at least, I was kind of thinking the same thing but, im not up on my quantum physics

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Funny

In 1906, German chemist Walther Nernst formulated the heat theorem, which states that as a perfect crystal approaches the absolute zero point of 0 kelvin (-273.15°C), the system’s entropy also goes to zero. This work earned him the 1920 Nobel prize in chemistry.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   

True story
Inner circle Pythagorean discovered the time crystal, time does not flow the same there.

I am endeavoring, ma'am, to construct a mnemonic memory circuit using stone knives and bearskins.

-William Hyde Wallaston

en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join