It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pope Says: Don't extinguish migrants' hopes

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
How many refugees has Vatican City taken in?

Exactly.

I support the separation of Church and State. The Vatican needs to stay out of politics and take those trillions of dollars and put their money to work where it counts and STFU.

It has nothing to do with politics. And as far as I know they are still by far the largest charity, and charity educators in the world.

Since the beginning of the conflict, CRS has provided refugee aid to approximately 1.25 million war-affected Syrians across the Middle East and Europe.

That is coming from an agnostic spinozist.
edit on 1-1-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Happy new year..

Yeah its nice to see someone who acts like a Christian in the Vatican for once.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

"How does the us stack up to genocide and slavery?"

Not that well in the slavery department considering slave labor pretty much build the nation, as to genocide they are getting better at that particular sports every year or so it seems.

Long way to go before they catch the Vatican all the same.

Politics and religion have always been intertwined with one another, that's pretty much a given.

As to this particular pope, he's certainly better than the last one but the organization he represents is shall we say rather tarnished beyond repair, imho, given what they have gotten up to over the centuries.

"He spent his life living humble and poor in Argentina. Helping the poor. What do you do?"

Whatever i choose to within reason, why do you ask? LoL

Keeping in mind it's not within my power to put a significant dent in world poverty but it is within the scope of said pope should he choose to do so.
edit on 1-1-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Planette

However, the video of the Syrian kid was actually fake news concocted by CNN, he was actually covered in mud and used as a propaganda prop.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

The Vatican bank is the most wealthy in the world. Why not use some of that money and pay to support the migrants? You can talk, but actions matter more than words. Plus, why the hell would anyone take advice from a New World Order pope. Obviously, he has an agenda.
edit on 1-1-2018 by amfirst1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

And he does. The Catholic Church is literally the largest charity in the world.

They have helped millions of people. There are nuns in war zones right now. There are nuns and misionaries that were in the middle of the ebola outbreak.

Yeah the church is pretty dumb as far as a spiritual castle. But in reality they help more than they hurt now a days. They hold very little political power.

If they don't change the pews will be empty soon.

This guy at least gets that. He also gets damning a woman who was 16 and had an abortion is not love..but again he can only do so much before getting jfk'd..

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   

I agree they help millions of people. However, the Vatican basically recruit useful idiots to do the charity work for them. The people at the top suck all the wealth and has their own agenda.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: amfirst1

For sure. Can't argue. I just think this pope is different. He exposed how many gifts popes receive because he keeps auctioning them off for charity. He allegedly still even sneaks on the bus from time to time to be with the people.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   

A few good deeds does little to wipe out the Vatican's transgressions throughout recorded history im afraid.

They dont need to hold political power per-say when they have the monies and resources they have at there disposal. Politics is simply a dog and pony show for the masses, money talks.

The pews won't empty they will simply change into something else more in line with today's religion which is science and mass media.

"This guy at least gets that. He also gets damning a woman who was 16 and had an abortion is not love..but again he can only do so much before getting jfk'd.."

Say what now? You have lost me.

Abortion is a Woman's choice, not anything to do with the Pope or anyone else really. So who cares if he's damning or otherwise? LoL

edit on 1-1-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: amfirst1
a reply to: JAGStorm

The Vatican bank is the most wealthy in the world. Why not use some of that money and pay to support the migrants? You can talk, but actions matter more than words. Plus, why the hell would anyone take advice from a New World Order pope. Obviously, he has an agenda.

The Vatican bank is not even in the top 50

www.businessinsider.com...-lloyds-banking-group-uk-101-trillion-1

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   

The pope is trying to change the mind of the church that damning people for their choices is not a good way to handle spiritual progression.

That really makes the old guard mad..I wouldn't be surprised if he is assassinated by his own.

And it's millions of good deeds not a few. For the people they are helping what happened in the 1400's probably doesn't matter.

The native Americans huffing gasoline on their reservations however may be a little more bitter. Take a drive out to pine ridge. Everyone has blood on their hands. The us is no different. Men like power. Power corrupts.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   

And absolute power corrupts absolutely hence the problem i have with the Vatican and Holy Roman Empire.

He can try and change the mind of the church as much as he likes but changing 2000 odd years of tyranny and control of the masses and minds of the people into something shall we say less detrimental to our race is rather a tall order indeed.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

"Pretty sure the Vatican and Jesuit do quite a bit."

A bit amounts to a drop in the ocean im afraid. The funds and monies the Vatican have tucked away and accumulated over the centuries if made available could end world poverty within 5-10 years.

"The guy is a spiritual leader not a president of a country. It's a Tennant of Christianity for God's sake, to help those in need."

What does it say on the one dollar bill?

"In God we Trust", the Pope is Gods representative here on Earth hence apparently far more powerful than any one nation or president/king.

"They" may very well put poor people through schools but they also have been known to promote mass genocide and religious intolerance throughout recorded history and are directly responsible for more pain and misery, death and suffering, than any other organization in recorded times.

"I think they have plenty of problems and hypocrisy but they certainly help refugees and this pope in particular spent his life doing so. The guy is on the verge of being poisoned by his own for trying to return the Catholic Church to a humble place.

Nothing humble about Christianity and the Vatican they ooze ostentatious material wealth and power, always have done, always will do, as to hypocrisy well that's pretty much synonymous with any and all organized religious practice.

Just look at the amount of Gold that those Indian temples acquired from donations and offerings made throughout the centuries. Those gold and jewel encrusted artifacts were worth billions of dollars. If that money had been invested in teaching, housing, education hundreds of years ago, where would those regions and India be now?

But no, they had to lock it away like city councils with their offshore "rainy day funds".

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   

That may be true. Which is why the make America great again thing is such BS.

I just think kpeople go overboard with the modern church and it's power over humanity. It's far less than say ExxonMobil

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Not real versed in the Hindus are we...

They were demolished in a genocide by the moghals. Largest in history.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   

I think the point the guys making is that hoarding wealth and resources instead of spending such on education and infostructure is rather detrimental to the masses, serving no other purpose than to further a hidden agenda.

India's history is as stained by religious intolerance as much as the rest really. Its a pattern really where organized religious practice takes place, unfortunately.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Except the catholics pretty much started education in mass. To this day educate more poor people than anyone else. Take a look at the number of Catholic schools, where they rank, and what the income is of the general population.

And ps if you think religion is responsible you haven't looked real deep into the reality.

Men will slaughter by the masses with or without it they do and they have throughout history.

And again I find religion personally offensive in most cases as a belief system.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   

That education through comes at a cost greater than monies, the cost being in hearts and minds, so the agenda there is rather plainly evident as they are not just educating people out of the goodness of there hearts but also converting such.

Where schools rank is generally related to there funding along with other socioeconomic factors.

My wee mammy used to be a Provident agent back in the 80s, and do you know many a follower of said religion would dodge paying their weekly debts yet would pay/donate to the Chapel/priest that done the rounds without fail.

That says a lot about the mentality of said followers in general, whether its a good or bad thing is debatable but the fact remains they are always going to want our monies no matter the situation at hand.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   

You don't have to be catholic to go to a Catholic school..

The catholics came up with the big bang, genetics etc...

Notre Dame is a good school right by any standard? Fordham?

Let's see dirt floor mud shack or lawyer from Fordham,...yeah pretty decent price.

It's not 1400 anymore.

Communism didn't do much better, I guess mankind just sucks when they get the reins. Greed filters into any system. Secular or Theocratic.

My displeasure with religion isn't it's murders nature it's just the idea itself of worshipping books and idols..

I know the killing and enslaving has nothing to do with that. That is mankind and greed not religion. Secular nations slaughter and control just as effectively.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join