It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pope Says: Don't extinguish migrants' hopes

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Don't extinguish migrants' hopes
It is important that there is a commitment from everyone
to keep our freedom from being corroded by the banality of consumerism
It is important that there is a commitment from everyone - You mean like the church? Convenient to tell the world to take in all the refugees yet how many has the Vatican taken in (to be fair a few, but just a few). This reminds me of the Joel Osteen fiasco during the hurricane
To keep our freedom from being corroded by the banality of consumerism - If there was ever an example of excess to the gills it would be vatican city. Gold- check, Marble- check, treasures- check, glittering carriage rides- check. (I could go on all day, seriously all day)

Now don't get me wrong, can we all be a little better to each other on earth, sure, but this is like a fat man telling others not to eat too much!

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I'm all for extinguishing or addressing the possible cause of a mass migration pattern though.

I remember kids were saying why don't you bring that kid they showed on CNN that survived the bombings here to America so s/he can live with me.

My thought was why are millions of refugees fleeing their countries in the first place - and to what country are they fleeing to??

Damned if the country that is bombing you is offering you refugee status with open arms, or not.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Just pack the predominantly male population into ghettos, put them on welfare, and that'll solve everything.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Coming from the city that has a huge wall surrounding it, that's irony.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

If the Pope cares that much why not open the Vatican coffers and help the poor sods rather than offering up meaningless platitudes.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   

God should impeach the Pope.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Pretty sure the Vatican and Jesuit do quite a bit.

The guy is a spiritual leader not a president of a country. It's a Tennant of Christianity for God's sake, to help those in need.

And while the Vatican is a screwed up place they do large amounts of charity and relief work, and provide education for people who would never be able to afford it. They put more poor people through there schools than anyone (like notre dame, fordham etc.)

I think they have plenty of problems and hypocrisy but they certainly help refugees and this pope in particular spent his life doing so. The guy is on the verge of being poisoned by his own for trying to return the Catholic Church to a humble place.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 1-1-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Then let the "pope" take them in. From what I understand, the Vatican is a country without a country. It's the only "global" religion, with its own country and no Army. The pope needs to keep his mouth shut. Or "open" his "borders" to the barbarians that will destroy his "country". Enough said. The guy is an idiot, void of political, social or Christian understanding. He's got a country he rules over. How many "immigrants" have they taken in? Tell him to go play in the freeway.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: murphy22
Then let the "pope" take them in. From what I understand, the Vatican is a country without a country. It's the only "global" religion, with its own country and no Army. The pope needs to keep his mouth shut. Or "open" his "borders" to the barbarians that will destroy his "country". Enough said. The guy is an idiot, void of political, social or Christian understanding. He's got a country he rules over. How many "immigrants" have they taken in? Tell him to go play in the freeway.

The pope isn't the dictator of the Vatican. He can't undo the whole beauracracy, it doesn't work that way. If you research his life however he has done his part.

And the Vatican (the church) helps millions of refugees. In fact they (misionaries )are sometimes the only ones left in war zones.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

You know what they say, Charity starts at home.

He might not be the dictator of the Vatican, but he sure if the spokesman for it.
Maybe he needs to start the reform at home, so that he can be an example for others.

Like I mentioned with Joel Osteen. Had Osteen done the right thing and opened his church and welcomed anyone affected by the storm in, I think he would have gained a lot of new "believers". I use Osteen as an example, but there are other churches that I know for a fact that kept it is a secret that they were open during the Hurricane so only their own staff could use it. They actually told the staff to keep it secret. That is the hypocrisy I am talking about.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   

He has done so where he can you just haven't read up..he has auctioned off several things for charity specifically to help the refugees.

Have you ever been to rome? Where exactly would the refugees go in terms Vatican?

I know they are low hanging fruit but this guy is a legit Christian. What ever that is and they open up there churches in the countries they can.
edit on 1-1-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   
How many children have lost hope after being priest handled on his watch....

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

One of my favorite anecdotes about Pope Francis, is when he first entered the Vatican, he had a habit of getting up during the night, raiding the Vatican kitchen, packing up his motorcycle, and driving out to poorer neighborhoods to give food to the needy.

I think he actually got in trouble for it! (with his security and staff.) lol! Yeah, he's just a wonderful human being.
Loved his choice of name too. Saint Francis was the best!

(oh, and I'm not Catholic. I just know a great man when I see one.)

Happy New Year, Luthier, and All!

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   
The Pope Says: "I am the Beast of Revelations. All must follow me"

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

God should impeach the Pope.

ha! love that quote

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   

"Pretty sure the Vatican and Jesuit do quite a bit."

A bit amounts to a drop in the ocean im afraid. The funds and monies the Vatican have tucked away and accumulated over the centuries if made available could end world poverty within 5-10 years.

"The guy is a spiritual leader not a president of a country. It's a Tennant of Christianity for God's sake, to help those in need."

What does it say on the one dollar bill?

"In God we Trust", the Pope is Gods representative here on Earth hence apparently far more powerful than any one nation or president/king.

"They" may very well put poor people through schools but they also have been known to promote mass genocide and religious intolerance throughout recorded history and are directly responsible for more pain and misery, death and suffering, than any other organization in recorded times.

"I think they have plenty of problems and hypocrisy but they certainly help refugees and this pope in particular spent his life doing so. The guy is on the verge of being poisoned by his own for trying to return the Catholic Church to a humble place.

Nothing humble about Christianity and the Vatican they ooze ostentatious material wealth and power, always have done, always will do, as to hypocrisy well that's pretty much synonymous with any and all organized religious practice.
edit on 1-1-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Vatican City is the richest nation on Earth per capita. When you see all the opulence and gold decorating their buildings and Pedophile priests like Cardinal George Pell eating steak and drinking beer in expensive Italian restaurants, you see what Catholicism is really about.

Ofcourse the Vatican is calling on everyone else to take in refugees

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   
How many refugees has Vatican City taken in?

Exactly.

I support the separation of Church and State. The Vatican needs to stay out of politics and take those trillions of dollars and put their money to work where it counts and STFU.

edit on 2018/1/1 by Metallicus because: eta

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Let's break down and analyse what The Pope is saying here:

Don't extinguish migrants' hopes

Let them believe that they can continue to (illegally) enter countries

It is important that there is a commitment from everyone to keep our freedom from being corroded by the banality of consumerism

We need to be committed to keep our freedom from being corroded by buying things. Committed to what? What do refugees have to do with being able to afford and buy things?

Is he saying that we all need to take a hit in the hip pocket to house and give welfare to refugees in our hometowns or is he alluding to Agenda 21....

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

"Pretty sure the Vatican and Jesuit do quite a bit."

A bit amounts to a drop in the ocean im afraid. The funds and monies the Vatican have tucked away and accumulated over the centuries if made available could end world poverty within 5-10 years.

"The guy is a spiritual leader not a president of a country. It's a Tennant of Christianity for God's sake, to help those in need."

What does it say on the one dollar bill?

"In God we Trust", the Pope is Gods representative here on Earth hence apparently far more powerful than any one nation or president/king.

"They" may very well put poor people through schools but they also have been known to promote mass genocide and religious intolerance throughout recorded history and are directly responsible for more pain and misery, death and suffering, than any other organization in recorded times.

"I think they have plenty of problems and hypocrisy but they certainly help refugees and this pope in particular spent his life doing so. The guy is on the verge of being poisoned by his own for trying to return the Catholic Church to a humble place.

Nothing humble about Christianity and the Vatican they ooze ostentatious material wealth and power, always have done, always will do, as to hypocrisy well that's pretty much synonymous with any and all organized religious practice.

How does the us stack up to genocide and slavery?

Again the pope is not a president of the church he can't start giving things away. He has done way more than any modern pope in that regard. He has given away every gift he personally receives. He doesn't live with any of the pomp the past pipes did. He had Peters throne removed.

He spent his life living humble and poor in Argentina. Helping the poor. What do you do?

I am no fan of organized religion and certainly not catholic but the guy walks the walk and always has. Just like Donnie trump cant change America the pipe can oly do what he can. As it is the church itself isn't exactly pleased with his toning down the judgement and making his tenure more humble.

It's not politics by the way. It has nothing to do with politics for him. But pretty sure most people who call themselves Christians would be disgusted with Jesus if he walked in the flesh today.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join