It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Corporations That Control Your Perception-Happy New Year

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Call it back paging of stories or openly blacking out a story it seems that the 6 large corps that control almost all you see hear and read are firmly in control.
This slightly dated video talks about Monsanto threatening Fox news by pulling adds if they expose growth hormones. And now Disney own Fox. Do you think they corporate/media relationship is going to profits over news? I do.

And 118 people sit on 288 corporate boards that unite the media and Corporate world. This creates conflicts of interests.
Example of conflicts of interests: an ABC executive sits on the board of general dynamics, a corporation that makes drones. Perhaps they will not allow the true cost of drone strikes the US carries out in ABC world news?
It's a mess. And it isn't getting better.
As I said, Disney now owns Fox. Wonder how hard Fox will go after Disney firing techs and forcing them to train their H-1 visa replacements. Refuse and they keep your severance, and there is a gag order when you sign to get your last check.

Pink Slips at Disney. But First, Training Foreign Replacements.

Instead, about 250 Disney employees were told in late October that they would be laid off. Many of their jobs were transferred to immigrants on temporary visas for highly skilled technical workers, who were brought in by an outsourcing firm based in India. Over the next three months, some Disney employees were required to train their replacements to do the jobs they had lost.

www.nytimes.com...

A graphic from 2015, it has only gotten worse.

The Illusion of Choice: 90% of American Media Controlled by 6 Corporations

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Sure is dated.

Because Monsanto no longer exists.

Bayer bought them.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

As I said the video is dated, also Disney now owns Fox.

This media/corporate relationship is very very dangerous.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Tavistock.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   
There are arguments to be made for the value of hard work. This is one of them. If you work too much to engage in any of the activities the OP supplied, listening to the news, the radio, reading the paper, etc......then this doesn't really concern you. (And no. Hard work isn't a disease. You're not going to die from it and it will give you a higher quality of life in the long run)

There is also an argument to be made for the value of concerning yourself with your immediate surroundings. As in the town you live in, because this is what effects peoples' lives the most. I just responded to the thread about the NJ shooting, but in all reality it doesn't effect me one bit. It doesn't effect my personal of professional life because I live 3,000 miles from Jersey. Race riots, people abusing animals, people abusing people, sex trafficking, opiod addictions, suicide pacts.......if it doesn't happen near enough to where I live and work, it does not impact my life. This is not a selfish opinion. This is a fact and we all know it.

So we have a lack of choice as to what entertains and informs us. Maybe if we all downsized the geographical areas in which we see the importance of social issues, we wouldn't A) Get so butt hurt about everything under the sun, and B) care so much that 6 people dictate what everyone else watches and hears.

I work long hours to help get my daughter into and through college. For the first time in I don't know how long I was able to sit back, relax and enjoy a movie. I heard good reviews on the radio (GASP!!!) about The Glass Castle. So I rented it. It educated and informed me about a few things and, because I have been so business focused and not very personable for a very long time, the fact that it almost brought me tears was no small feat. In short, that was a damn good movie that put in perspective a few things I had to endure growing up.

What was the movie studio that made it? Don't care.

Who owned the movie studio? Don't care.

That information would not have added or subtracted from the quality of the movie or whether I thought it was good or not.

My point is, I don't really care who owns what or the monopolies involved. We're talking about entertainment here people. Not that important. And news that, by and large, does not directly effect me or my daughter. With the exception of student financial aid, grants, etc.... but I can get all that information from reliable sources that are not owned by The Big 6.

Step outside of the box people. The fresh air is invigorating.
edit on 1-1-2018 by DeepImpactX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DeepImpactX

There is nothing that says hard work will give you a higher quality of life, it may increase your chances of a better life, but not a guarantee.

And no. Hard work isn't a disease. You're not going to die from it and it will give you a higher quality of life in the long run)

An educated electorate is necessary to make informed decisions when voting both locally and nationally.

My point is, I don't really care who owns what or the monopolies involved. We're talking about entertainment here people. Not that important. And news that, by and large, does not directly effect me or my daughter. With the exception of student financial aid, grants, etc.... but I can get all that information from reliable sources that are not owned by The Big 6.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Seems strange that something that doesn’t exist would still have a website.
Right?

monsanto.com...

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

Seems strange that something that doesn’t exist would still have a website.
Right?

monsanto.com...

And you can still buy Monsanto products. Perhaps the sale of Monsanto was to limit the damage in a class action law suit?
edit on 1-1-2018 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Seems strange that no one does their homework.

Bayer

God I love 'Murica.

Snipping bout evil corporations and Bayers,German.
edit on 1-1-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Link does not work.

Edit: does work
edit on 1-1-2018 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Seems strange that no one does their homework.

So true...

www.reuters.com...

Oh dear.

Snipping bout evil corporations.

Why do you hate the natural seeds God gave us?

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

How the Eff do people think a world of 7 billion plus and continually growing is going to be fed ?

20 bushel corn.

Natures seed.

In May 2016, Bayer offered to buy Monsanto for US$65 billion.[70][71] A bid of $66 billion was accepted.[72]

en.wikipedia.org...

Bayber confirms takeover
edit on 1-1-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
GMO bad, i seen it on the internets.
fight disease;
fight hunger and malnutrition;
improve animal and crop breeding practices; and
potentially even save lives.
bad bad bad

If you have type 1 diabetes, GM bacteria made your insulin cheap, safe, and accessible.

If you’ve suffered from a genetic growth disorder such as Turner’s syndrome or short bowel syndrome, GM bacteria made the Human Growth Hormone injections that help regulate your growth.

If you’re a hemophiliac, I’m sure you feel much safer with your treatment coming from GMO rather than from blood donations. Cells in a lab dish made recombinant human factor VIII.

If you ever suffer a stroke or heart attack, you might be treated with medication made by tissue plasminogen activator, a cellular GMO.

If you have multiple sclerosis, you’re perhaps thankful for interferon, also made by a cellular GMO.

If you have cystic fibrosis, the enzyme you take, Dornase alfa, is made by a GMO.

Undergoing chemotherapy for cancer? Two GMO drugs that help your bone marrow and blood counts are Erythropoietin (EPO — yes, that EPO) and granulocyte-colony stimulating factor (G-CSF or GCSF).

Lactose intolerant and taken lactase? It comes from GMOs thanks to genes from either a fungus or a yeast.

If (heaven forbid) you ever contract Ebola, you’ll be beyond grateful for ZMap, a collection of antibodies grown from GM tobacco infected by GM viruses
edit on 1-1-2018 by EvidenceNibbler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Fox was bought by Disney. Does it mean Fox no longer exists?

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: JanAmosComenius

Fox will still be there, but what they are allowed to talk about may very well change.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Not because of the merger.

It already changed back with Ruperts boys took over.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Matters not.

The corporate control over the media is almost complete.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Well watch the state run propaganda outlets PBS or NPR.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Ok.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Great OP, it reminds us about the medias control over the minds of the sheep!

Unfortunately, the right wing republican propaganda outlet, Fox News, is still there.

This deal may have been done because after Trump is impeached, the rabid right-wing network will be sitting there for Trump to be a major figure, if he’s not put in jail. Of course he may pardon himself.

You heard it hear first

Murdoch got rid of his entertainment media companies, which weren’t doing that well.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join