It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

47 what could it mean

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
So i watch star trek. The number 47 is used quite a bit. Just watching m.a.s.h where they mention 47.

So what could possibly be a reason for movies and shows to put 47. Is it just random chance?

Heres a video game called hitman where agent 47 has to escape a lab where he was brainwashed and trained.
agent 47 wiki

Im thinking its thought triggers for certain susceptable minds.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: anotherside
So i watch star trek. The number 47 is used quite a bit. Just watching m.a.s.h where they mention 47.

So what could possibly be a reason for movies and shows to put 47. Is it just random chance?

Not random, it's the 47th proposition of Euclid, the famous Pythagorean theorem.

You'll have to ask the Freemasons about that one.

I don't feel like revealing this secret today.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: anotherside

Im thinking its thought triggers for certain susceptable minds.

Yours, for example?

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

The origin of the significance of 47 can be traced to The Next Generation and Voyager writer Joe Menosky, who attended Pomona College in California. There is a club at Pomona called The 47 Society

Joe Menosky first started including references to 47 in his scripts in the fourth season of TNG, and the in-joke quickly caught on among the rest of the staff. Since then, references to 47 have been included in many episodes and movies of all the modern series.

There are many in jokes in Sci-Fi. It is just a number and writers often extend a joke into other formats. I do these things myself when writing. If you have read a particular book series ... then you will find a few references. If you haven't read the series ... then you will not get the reference and it will seem just a normal novel.

P

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
That particular number has been used at least 3 times? Well, that MUST mean something!

I am in NO way being sarcasic.

This IS important.

Where did I put my drink?

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

You left it at bus stop 47.

I don't care about your booze ... but bring the long stem glass back mate ... it is part of a set.

A set of 47 obviously.

P

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: anotherside

23 is another one....

Masonic hoodoo....

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
a reply to: Jefferton

You left it at bus stop 47.

I don't care about your booze ... but bring the long stem glass back mate ... it is part of a set.

A set of 47 obviously.

P
It is sitting next to the AK 47.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
< heavy sigh > ANY search engine is your friend, not wishy-washy voodoo speculation. It's a math inside joke from Pomona College, where Joe Menosky went to school.

Forty-seven has been the favorite number of Pomona College, California, United States, since 1964. A mathematical proof, written in 1964 by Professor Donald Bentley, supposedly demonstrates that all numbers are equal to 47. However, Bentley offered it as a "joke proof" to further a popular student research project that listed real and imaginative "47 sightings". Bentley used the invalid proof to introduce his students to the concept of mathematical proofs. The proof used limits to show that the sum of the two equal sides of an isosceles triangle is equal to the base side. Bentley chose forty-seven as the base side, but he could have used any number.

en.wikipedia.org...(number)

My husband is a huge math nerd, and while not being remotely familiar with Star Trek or it's inside jokes, knows about the 47 joke proof in historical context. Years ago, after he'd explained the point of the proof when I asked him about it, "OK, so then why do people think it's some super secret cult-y s#?" He answered "Because people are stupid. The proof's still out there, but people are too stupid to understand the point of it. Ergo, shady society excuses instead of admitting being idiots." There you have it, math nerd wins.
edit on 12/27/2017 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

47 what could it mean

Is is 5 above 42.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Interesting, I just happened to see an info-wars article on Vietnam implementing a government action against "wrong views" on the internet, and

The cyber army, known as Force 47, currently has 10,000 members ready to fight in the Internet’s “information war.”

Strange coincidence?

Source

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Look up Capital Steez and 47. He jumped off a building 12/23/2012. 47 was his life

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Im thinking its thought triggers

The only thought it triggers for me is:

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

phenomenon that is 47www.47.net... 47 SOCIETY

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Also 47 is the # for Silver.

The 47 yr cycle for Mars is when it resets it's position in relation to Earth and the Sun. It's been known pre-Babylon since ancient times.

JJ Abrams uses it in all his stuff including Star Wars Force Awakens.

Mitt Romney said 47% of Americans don't pay income tax and it sabotaged him akin to Hillary's deplorable comment.

The hip hop group Pro Era uses a 47 styled Swastika as one of their logos (as satire).

CH-47 Chinook helicopter. P-47 Thunderbolt airplane.

Dial 47 for Norway.

Tropics of Cancer and Capricorn are 47 degrees apart.

Famous Japanese story "Fourty Seven Ronin", and there are 47 Prefectures in Japan.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Paul starts his evangelism in 47 AD. That's pretty big since he is one of the main pillars of modern Christianity.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Two things.

The Roswell incident happen in 1947.

And the CIA was created that year as well.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
In 47 BC:

"Veni, vidi, vici" "I came; I saw; I conquered") is a Latin phrase popularly attributed to Julius Caesar who, according to Appian,[1] used the phrase in a letter to the Roman Senate around 47 BC after he had achieved a quick victory in his short war against Pharnaces II of Pontus at the Battle of Zela.[2] The phrase is used to refer to a swift, conclusive victory.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Let's see, 1947.
Al Capone died.

Congress is televised for the first time.

US Army launches a V2 with fruitflies as first animal in space.

Dead Sea Scrolls come to public knowledge.

Largest sunspot group recorded on Sun.

Jackie Robinson joins MLB.

Term "Cold War" enters lingo.

Ken Arnold sees UFOs, "flying saucers".

Israel is created.

Tons more but I gotta go.
Read the wiki.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
i am appalled that no one has cited the " 47 ronin "

new topics

top topics