It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korean Won sudden fall in value this month

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Looks like Kimmy needs some Clearasil. a reply to: ausername

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cauliflower
a reply to: Xtrozero

I'm a little slow tonight thinking that this was a free market revaluation.

According to this article there was free trade even with the west.

www.marketwatch.com...

Could be that the NK government purposely devalued the national currency/debt repayment?
Pursue a policy of isolationism for a few years or be accused of trying to destroy the world with nukes like the Germans after Wiemar.

I remember back in the cold war the Ruble was not free market and the Russians put a value of 2 dollars to a ruble, but it meant nothing and was just a number they set, so I'm wondering if NK is not the same.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: NeoSpace
For the past 10 years 120 North Korean Won was worth $1 USD rising and falling by only around 20 Won then suddenly on December 4th 2017 it costs 900 NK Won for 1 USD.

Is this a sign of something about to happen, is the regime collapsing?

I just find it strange how North Korea's Won has been pretty stable for the past 10 years then suddenly this month it's taken a huge nose dive.

Is this a sign of something about to happen, is the regime collapsing? IMO no, it more than likely that its about a very subtle form of warefare, finanical warfare, against the NK regime.

It may be a subtle message to the NK regime in the form of "Unless you do as we say and agree to the imposition of a central bank then we will do much more of this sort of thing to you."

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   
just in

North Korea is moving its troupes toward south korea
Japan now has troops on high alert
Any US soldiers here can post , if do, do so, because now Japaneses people are wondering what is going on.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

What about if Lil Kim stocked up on Missile supplies, pizza, and caviar just before printing a whole lot of monopoly money to pay for it?

California Caviar, PaPa Johns and Raytheon all get paid only 17 cents on the dollar.
The NK people will have to buy only NK goods to avoid inflation.
No wonder the media doesn't want to report the news.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skyfloating
Many don't know it yet, but NK is History.

The top U.S. Generals are now sending similar signals..

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 02:39 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skyfloating
Many don't know it yet, but NK is History.

Considering the military buildup in the region something is in the works. China made the recent comments about war occurring no later than March 2018. Coincidentally that would put the start occurring just after the 2018 winter Olympics, which are being held in S. Korea and run through the mid to last part of February.

China is building refugee camps along their border with N. Korea to deal with an influx, citing instability of the N. Korean government.

If war resumes I would say it happens after the winter Olympics.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   
North korean currency had value? Hahahaha

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join