It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada has been following ufo's for 50 years now.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
For all our great neighbors to the north, Canada has been following ufo's reports and stories now for 50 years.
We all recall the famous Shag Harbour ufo story from the past, but there have been many, many reports going back over the past many decades.

The article said the famous New York Times article about the U.S. Department of the Defense admitting to a secret ufo program is said to be making a lot of noise north of the border too.

The government of Canada has begun to collect information on unidentified flying objects in 1947. At this time, many Canadians who have the final world conflict in memory and a possible cold war in the head continue to turn their eyes to the sky, fearing an attack. The RCMP and the ministry of Defence will receive several reports from citizens saying they saw a ufo. In 1952, the canadian government established project Second Story, which has the objective to analyse the evidence related to the appearance of flying saucers. The minutes of the first meeting of the committee responsible for this project indicates that ” the frequency and persistence of the sightings [of ufos] tend to cast doubt on the theory of hallucinations “. It adds further that greater efforts must be made to obtain the data in an organized manner and proceed to the investigation and analysis required. In the same year, the american army launches the project Blue Book, which is expected to be completed in 1969. Over the years, its managers will be more than 12 600 reports, of which 701 remain unexplained.

In 1952 Canada established project Second Story, which had the objective to analyze the evidence of the appearance of ufo's.

minutes of the first meeting of Project Second Story

There have been more than 1,000 reports since the mid 1990's in Canada.

2016 Canadian ufo survey

Only 4% of these reports remain unsolved, but that is still 4% with no explanation.

Canada and ufo's:

Canada and the ufos 1947 government agencies, including the department of national Defence, are beginning to amass information on ufos. 1952 The canadian government established project Second Story in order to analyze the testimonies reminiscent of the flying saucers. 1959-1960 The Canada and the United States to introduce a joint system of reporting on ufos. 1968 The national research Council of Canada (NRC), becomes the point of fall of the reports on the observation of ufos. 1995 The NRC cease to collect reports related to ufos, leaving place to the civilian sector.

source link

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I should hope so. Canada controls the airspace russia would likely take if aggressing against the usa in any kind of military attack or spying mission. Its their duty to examin peculiar and unexplained aerial phenomena reports to make sure its not some new russian asset interloping their airspace. Doesnt mean theyre interested in or endorsing the idea of aliens but instead securing their airspace
edit on 22-12-2017 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
You might also want to look up project magnet which I think was in 1932.
Sorry,too lazy to google it.

edit on 22-12-2017 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Canada has collected information on UFOs for 50 years

Is there another way to get back engineered zamboni technology

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: data5091

From a canadians perspective i've always wondered beside project magnet was the farthest they'd go. Seems like if someone reports a UFO the armed forces deals with it. What branch however i'm not too sure.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun
You might also want to look up project magnet which I think was in 1932.
Sorry,too lazy to google it.

and that's the problem with people today, to damn lazy to even go push a few buttons...... what is this world coming too?

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

Thank you. I googled it and came up with this.

Old investigative group from 1950-1954. Under the Direction of Wilbert Smith whose conclusion about ufo's were that they extraterrestrial in origin and operated by the manipulation of magnetism.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Yes,sorry,I got the year wrong...it was vague in my recollections and I was just skimming when I came across this.
(note...mods don't read every thread or post)
I live a few kms away from where that happened and witnessed something out there with a friend.
Its not worth mentioning but we took an interest in ufos after that and after researching the topic...it turned out that project magnet happened close to where we had our experience and here I am on ats.

Our experience happened within 20 kms of where project magnet happened.

Shag harbour is Canada's Roswell...one of my fav ufo cases.

Happy holidays!

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Good thread Data - Saskatchewan really does look to be a bit of a hotspot and one of my favourite cases also happened in Langenburg - there's also two free E-books hrere that are wel worth a read.

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: gunshooter

Well, have you looked it up already for those of us who just got here 1 minute ago?

Just wondering, why haven't you said anything else?
edit on 24-12-2017 by WarriorMH because: (no reason given)

top topics

join