It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The secret backstory of how Obama let Hezbollah off the hook

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
More conclusive evidence that Obama was a Terror sympathizer.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

I wasnt meaning to criticize the report, other than that it all happened at all is the BS.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Ok...got you. Its weird that they ran this thing for 8 years and snared some big names but not allowed to follow thru and it doesn't look like we got anything out of it.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

And then took an additional year to come out.

And now its all day now and not one single brazen Obama supporter to chime in. I guess that beats them derailing the thread, although this one should be #1 front page all day tomorrow so not enough flags or comments and this story is kilt.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Does this mean we can all now state that Obama did in fact have a scandal during his tenure??

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: RogueWaterC1
drug trafficking

Woah!

How Hezbollah turned to trafficking coc aine and laundering money through used cars to finance its expansion.
www.politico.com...

The campaign, dubbed Project Cassandra, was launched in 2008 after the Drug Enforcement Administration amassed evidence that Hezbollah had transformed itself from a Middle East-focused military and political organization into an international crime syndicate that some investigators believed was collecting $1 billion a year from drug and weapons trafficking, money laundering and other criminal activities.

Over the next eight years, agents working out of a top-secret DEA facility in Chantilly, Virginia, used wiretaps, undercover operations and informants to map Hezbollah’s illicit networks, with the help of 30 U.S. and foreign security agencies.

They followed coc aine shipments, some from Latin America to West Africa and on to Europe and the Middle East, and others through Venezuela and Mexico to the United States. They tracked the river of dirty cash as it was laundered by, among other tactics, buying American used cars and shipping them to Africa. And with the help of some key cooperating witnesses, the agents traced the conspiracy, they believed, to the innermost circle of Hezbollah and its state sponsors in Iran.

But as Project Cassandra reached higher into the hierarchy of the conspiracy, Obama administration officials threw an increasingly insurmountable series of roadblocks in its way, according to interviews with dozens of participants who in many cases spoke for the first time about events shrouded in secrecy, and a review of government documents and court records.

And who do we know had a car dealership?

That's right! DWS's IT guy! Amwan.

oooooooooooooooooooo.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Really. Another pathetic attempt rid your concise of Trump.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

And then took an additional year to come out.

And now its all day now and not one single brazen Obama supporter to chime in. I guess that beats them derailing the thread, although this one should be #1 front page all day tomorrow so not enough flags or comments and this story is kilt.

It is odd, no one offering a defense of this? You'd think some of the Obama slappies would at least try the "Well what about X doing X" type of justification.

What concessions did we actually get out of Iran. Seriously. We gave in at every stumbling block and the Iranians knew the Obama Admin was desperate to close the deal on their watch. They played them hard.
edit on 18-12-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
It real simple.

Obama is a cultural Marxist.

He views Israel and more importantly the USA as oppressors, and Hezbollah and Iran as the oppressed.

I wouldn't say this is entirely correct, keep in mind Stuxnet was an Israel-US brainchild aimed at attacking Iranian nuclear facilities, and that happened under Obama. Whether Obama was aware of it I'm not sure but I find it hard to believe he wouldn't have known. The Iranian nuclear deal seemed to make people think Obama was on the side of Iran but really all it involved was giving Iran back several billions dollars of their own money which had been frozen in US bank accounts, and in return they would cut back on some aspects of their nuclear initiatives.

Also you have to remember that Western media tends to side with Israel and don't report much on their human rights violations and illegal land grabs (until recently when it became politically advantageous to side with the Palestinians over the Jerusalem issue). Furthermore, nations like Syria and Iran tend to help each other and are allied with Eastern super powers like Russia for protection, which is another reason the Western world has typically viewed them as unfriendly nation states and fearmonger about how they're always trying to build nukes.

For the last few years before Trump got into office the Western world was subtly supporting the rebels in Syria in their effort to overthrow the Assad regime, our intelligence agencies were funneling weapons to them, our media was acting like they were the guys we should be supporting and they all repeated the lies about Assad attacking his own population with chemical weapons, without bothering to provide any evidence or consider the possibility the attacks were carried about by the rebels, which we now know is highly probable based on several scientific reports.

The people pulling the strings don't particularly care about what you believe, they will support terrorist groups so long as it helps them achieve a certain geopolitical goal. I doubt Obama viewed the US as the bad guys, he simply saw the utility in fighting a proxy war by using your enemies to fight for you. It was actually quite smart in terms of increasing the Western dominance of the world, setting middle eastern religious and ethnic groups against each other saves us a lot of effort when trying to oust a leader we don't like and keeps the war machines running strong.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Couple Points:

First: Obama really did believe that JCPOA was the best option he had to affect the Iranian weapons program in a way that followed historical precedent of the US nonproliferation objective.

Second: DEA gets rolled. Its a fact. DEA has a black and white view of situations that involve drug smuggling. Unfortunately, that is what feeds other agencies perception of DEA as cavalier or, as the article mentions, "coming in hot". They're not cops in the make of the FBI and they don't play machiavellian games like the IC. Thus, since they've been injected into the post-9/11 GWOT battlespace, they have really struggled to prove they can hang within the Interagency process, despite the interconnected nature of drug smuggling and terror organizations.

Third: Given the above points, it should be logical to expect the Executive branch to tell the cowboys to sit down while the city folk do business. Especially if the business is about nukes. End of story.

Not saying I agree with the previous Administration at all, I absolutely DETEST the politicization of intelligence, but reasoned analysis makes their actions understandable.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

What does any of that have to do with Shutting down Hezbollah's financing?

Letting Iran link Hezbollah activities to the Iranian nuclear deal was silly. If Iran didn't link them and the Obama Admin did, that's even worse folly. They are seperate issues and should have been treated as such.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Seems most of terrorism can be traced back to the UN/NWO funny how none of this started till oil prices started going up,the story's,the pictures of terrorist's probably paid actors,and these rebels are paid by the UN,they are nothing more then mercenaries for oil company's,I know and have met people from all over the world many from communist countrys,all of them say it's the CIA,terrorize the people like the mafia,then end up taking over their government

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: hoss53
Really. Another pathetic attempt rid your concise of Trump.

You use this word "concise" ... I do not think it means what you seem to think it means.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
a reply to: pavil

This probably explains our disengagement about Lebanon as well.

Obama's Middle East/Arab foreign policy was one big cluster uck.

We almost lost Egypt and destabilized Syria as the two biggest blunders. Way to go.....

Well, he did take office when it literally was a cluster ....

It raises a question for me tho. When or how long did it take for Obama to actually hear of their shady dealings?
I mean when you take the presidency a small time crime / terrorism cell in the middle east could be anything, it's a war zone, and back when he was serving his two terms it was worse than Somalia for crime and war.
Either way, his Administration seemed to have done some sort of dealings with them. I am sure Clinton and Bush did as well.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

How so? By the time Obama was in office the worst of the Iraq War was over, the Surge had worked.

A fair-minded reading of the facts, I think, shows that when Mr. Obama was sworn in, the Iraq war had more or less been won. Things were fragile to be sure. But the errors that were made during the occupation of Iraq following the fall of Saddam, which were extremely costly, were corrected in 2007. That was when President Bush made what is in my estimation his most impressive decision. In the face of enormous political opposition, with the nation weary of the war, Mr. Bush implemented a new counterinsurgency strategy, dubbed the “surge” and led by the estimable General David Petraeus. It resulted in startling gains.

Link

ISIS hadn't done anything and the Arab Spring didn't start till Dec 2010.

Afghanistan was undergoing it's own surge in 2008 and the situation was stable.

Granted there were still conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan but they were far from their worst days. Obama inherited improving situations in those two countries.

Libya had given up its Nuclear and Chemical weapons programs in 2003.

Egypt was stable.

Please point out the specific problems that were such a "Cluster" when he took over the White House?

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

How so? By the time Obama was in office the worst of the Iraq War was over, the Surge had worked.

A fair-minded reading of the facts, I think, shows that when Mr. Obama was sworn in, the Iraq war had more or less been won. Things were fragile to be sure. But the errors that were made during the occupation of Iraq following the fall of Saddam, which were extremely costly, were corrected in 2007. That was when President Bush made what is in my estimation his most impressive decision. In the face of enormous political opposition, with the nation weary of the war, Mr. Bush implemented a new counterinsurgency strategy, dubbed the “surge” and led by the estimable General David Petraeus. It resulted in startling gains.

Link

Granted there were still conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan but they were far from their worst days. Obama inherited improving situations in those two countries.

Egypt was stable.

Please point out the specific problems that were such a "Cluster" when he took over the White House?

The specifics?
How about rebuilding an area that was ravaged by war. They already had intense tribal warfare and extreme tribal political warfare before Saddam and all those 'dictators' were taken out. How do you rebuild that? Where would you start?

This is one thing I never understood. People just blame, blame, blame Obama for so much, it's almost like people are just digging for situations to get him, for what? Imagine being him, trying his best to please everyone, while trying to mend the wounds left in all parts of the world.
edit on 19-12-2017 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Link

Egypt was stable.

The specifics?
How about rebuilding an area that was ravaged by war. They already had intense tribal warfare and extreme tribal political warfare before Saddam and all those 'dictators' were taken out. How do you rebuild that? Where would you start?

This is one thing I never understood. People just blame, blame, blame Obama for so much, it's almost like people are just digging for situations to get him, for what? Imagine being him, trying his best to please everyone, while trying to mend the wounds left in all parts of the world.

Rebuilding? Thats all you got? Why destroy Syria and Libya then? Why let us create a vacuum by leaving Iraq.

Obama relatively speaking had a good hand off of conflicts. If that is all you can come up with, I think you have made my point.

Trying his best to please everyone, while trying to mend the wounds left in all parts of the world? Please. Go tell that to the people of Syria and Libya. He tried his best to mend your wounds.

Pfft.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Was this a secret? I knew it then.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

so now its coming full circles and this totally fits the Fast and Furious scandal from Obama. Fbi supplies fire arms to "track them and connect to rug cartel". now in politico we see the drugs coming in. secretly using this fish baiting to arm terrorist. program to ship arms to middle east
so fast and furious gets guns through theese borders to terrorist organizations which would be Hezbollah. Hezbollah exchanges theese weapons for a cut in drug running operations. which is why Obama had shown extreme leneancy for. Obamas CIA would also fund ISIS in this criminal Obama administration on a duelly funded war from both sides.
edit on 19-12-2017 by LucifersSpawn because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-12-2017 by LucifersSpawn because: missed links

edit on 19-12-2017 by LucifersSpawn because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join