It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walt Disney buys Murdoch's Fox for $52 Billon!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Honestly I am surprised to see that I am the first one posting this, this is just further evidence of the lengths TPTB will go to control the media. I believe they make it sound like the news aspect is not being purchased, but Murdoch and CO are gaining a 25% in the "large Disney, you can not tell me this is not going to impact how and what is reported at Fox News. Granted the BBC is a s*** source, but this is being reported elsewhere.

The purchase includes Fox's film and television studios, as well as its 39% stake in satellite broadcaster Sky.

Fox will form a news-focused company with its remaining assets.

The move is a sharp shift for 86-year-old Fox owner Rupert Murdoch after more than half a century of media expansion.

What an unholy alliance!!

Considering the kind of sick senior executives it will be very interesting to see what kind of changes occur. I think it is no surprise that with all the scandals happening that they would attempt to control media to continue covering for the crimes of the sick network in the media, dc, and pedowood.

There is a disturbing graphic that shows just how large the Disney monopoly is. The control of the media needs to be broken up.

Thank god for alternative media!!
edit on America/ChicagoThursdayAmerica/Chicago12America/Chicago1231pmThursday11 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   
We grew up on Disney.

White racist, lala land, Walt Disney.

Booh...

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

FOX, ABC, and ESPN will be the children of Disney?

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Honestly you're gonna need more than that to prove this is anything more then a business deal. I can't even think of a show that i watch on any of these networks anyway......so why should I think twice about it?

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Disney wanted this mainly for the film studios.. They gain the rights to the x men which will be a f ing cash cow when teamed with marvel..

Add that to the other elements of fox and they will get their money back in no time..
edit on 15/12/17 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I’m not sure what I trust less...

Fox with Rupert at the helm, or Rupert with an extra $50 billion in his stash to use in other avenues of social programming.
The latter might be scarier to be honest.

Also don’t like Disney, or their round up of Media assets, at all...
Very suspect people. For reasons you mentioned.

Says a lot about the “free market” and “healthy competition” and all the other silly little mantras the UltraCapitalists scream at us on a daily basis.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Says a lot about the “free market” and “healthy competition” and all the other silly little mantras the UltraCapitalists scream at us on a daily basis.

It looks like a monopoly and more proof of that 'rule of three' thing in economics. It's hardly competitive.

...or it's a fantastic thing because it'll be trickling down in our direction. A 'yay' moment for all of society. Yay! Is it too soon to offer them a tax cut and a small off-shore island account?

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

It is a shame that the control is so blatant, both of these industries are horrendous purveyors of trash.

Disney honestly makes me sick, I have seen one to many videos on their sexualization of the youth.

Fox has been selling war propaganda and wars.

Unholy alliance to say the least.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon
Disney wanted this mainly for the film studios.. They gain the rights to the x men which will be a f ing cash cow when teamed with marvel..

Add that to the other elements of fox and they will get their money back in no time..

Makes sense considering that Bryan Sanger the director of Xmen is a notorious pedo!

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Anyone betting this change won't stop at the movie studio? MSM is about to become even more one sided-didn't think it was possible. Hah, a least there's Sinclair Broadcast Group(local stations) right? Doom on!
edit on 15-12-2017 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   

I don’t think Fox News was included.. I think it was just the movie side.. or I remember hearing that pre sale.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

I don’t think Fox News was included.. I think it was just the movie side.. or I remember hearing that pre sale.

It's fox movie and television and distribution.

You are right fox news is not included along with fox sports 1..

Things like "the simpsons" would now be Disney and it also makes Disney majority owner of hulu

What else?

It's most of everything fox.. but yes not the news..

It even includes rights to the original star wars..
And other things like family guy and American dad and xfiles reboot..

Disney about to make moves on Netflix market share it looks like..
edit on 15-12-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   
MMNN.
The Mickey Mouse News Network.
"And now let's go to Goofy."
"Gawrshk."
edit on 15-12-2017 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

When media conglomerates under one umbrella, they tend to move together, and in time the cadence of their march is indistinguishable. The minds of those in the grandstands looking on, will be marching to the beat of the same drum.

Machine men, with machine minds. Wether you watch or not, you should care. For your neighbors are watching.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   

The Fox News portion is NOT being sold to Disney. Murdoch will retain control and ownership over FNC.

*sigh*

Whatever, I give up. People are going to believe what they want to believe.

Feels over reals. Feels over reals...

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

Kettu, you’re knowledgable...

Maybe you can help me understand the difference between this mega sale and the one the Government stopped between AT&T & Time Warner...

Why was this sale “more legit”?

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 02:21 AM
link   

So in other words, we went from 6 down to 5 puppeteers

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Honestly I am surprised to see that I am the first one posting this

You’re not.

You just didn’t catch it with the search function.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 2017/12/15 by Metallicus because: Se

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 04:26 AM
link   

What's interesting is that when this was reported on the BBC last night it was that Disney had bought out Sky and this was the biggest media merger in history. It didn't mention Fox, or that Fox's share of Sky was only 39%...

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It was posted.

And it was a stock deal.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join