It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Does YouTube Go Too Far?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
YouTube prankster cements head in microwave. At what point do we decide that we have gone off the deep end in our narcissistic "hold my beer" mentality? This guy in Britain does crazy stuff for views. And guess what? His challenge was to "Nearly die."

In a YouTube video documenting the incident, the YouTuber started by opening the "Day 7" box on an advent calendar, to reveal an instruction, "Nearly die."

"I really wish this was clickbait, but as you guys know, nothing's clickbait on this channel," the star said. "This is the day where I will probably kill myself. Do not try this at home."

So he proceeded to fulfill that by getting some Polyfilla ready-mix, a microwave, and a breathing tube and more or less cementing his head inside the microwave and letting it set for two hours.

Is this where I mention that he has 3 million subscribers?

At one point during the stunt his breathing tube got knocked askew and he almost did suffocate, and it took the local fire department at least an hour to get him out because they basically had to chip the cement off from around his head to get whole contraption free.

As you can see, they were pretty unimpressed by the whole thing.

So really? When is enough, enough? It's not this is a random compilation of video fails or something. He did this to himself on purpose.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

So really? When is enough, enough? It's not this is a random compilation of video fails or something. He did this to himself on purpose.

imo its never enough.
seriously.
if a dude wants to cement up in a science oven then have at it.

in case you didnt know..... people are pretty stupid.
in general i mean.
this is evidence enough. 3 million subscribers.

so yeah....i say rock on

well they could make doing stupid # illegal. that might help
edit on 8-12-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Freedom of speech is absolute.

Now that doesn't mean this brand of jackassery isn't charged for the emergency response. And that isn't cheap.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I don't have a problem with people doing stupid stuff and broadcasting the evidence for all to see. I like a good fail compilation as much as anyone.

But at what point should we say enough?

This guy tied up the local fire department saving his butt for an hour on something that he was pretty much guaranteed from the outset to need saving from.

Isn't that taking it too far?

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

At what point do we decide that we have gone off the deep end in our narcissistic "hold my beer" mentality?

Pick a point. What next?

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: TinySickTears

I don't have a problem with people doing stupid stuff and broadcasting the evidence for all to see. I like a good fail compilation as much as anyone.

But at what point should we say enough?

This guy tied up the local fire department saving his butt for an hour on something that he was pretty much guaranteed from the outset to need saving from.

Isn't that taking it too far?

i see what you are saying and it is a bummer that good resources have to be tied up to help a moron but that is nothing new either.
people get their heads stuck in railings and banisters and have to call rescue. gam gam's cat is in a tree. rescue time.

big momma weighs about 8 hundi and cant get to the doctor so the fire dept has to come in with a chop saw and cut her wall down.

people do stupid #. resources get tied up helping them so they can be stupid another day.

look at the bright side.
at least now we get to watch

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

When any potential consequences can adversely affect others then the jack assery has gone too far imho.

Maybe he learned a lesson this time but that seems unlikely.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Its kind of funny.

Not as good as Dirty Sanchez used to be but it gets a bit stale after a while.
I haven't watched any of this stuff so don't know if I'd laugh at him.
Personality counts for a lot.
Jackass was funny because they were likeable characters.

Too many cheap copies.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Nice to see that natural selection is alive and kicking. He almost won the Darwin award too. Well calling the firefighters isn't cheap so good luck with the bill. I bet this guy is either opening a patreon account pretty soon or will ask for donations. Too bad there are enough people out there who support morons like him.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I stand by my previous statement.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You want my honest opinion?
95% of the planet is so friggin stupid, I'm truly amazed they can tie their own shoes. They'd watch grass grow if someone told them it was the popular thing to do. Look at all the "challenges". Exactly how stupid do you have to be to set yourself on fire and take video, just to look cool?
Crap like this is why I can't stand the average person.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Personally, I think he should have been responsible to get himself to an ER where they could chip his head out. The fire department should not have been involved.

And if he died? Well, "nearly dead" became "mostly dead." He took the risk.

But it's not like the fire department should be tied up on him when he put himself in danger on purpose.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I find it repulsive that people subscribe and watch this kind of thing. THEY are the problem that should be obvious.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Been funny if the rescuers said.........you got yourself into that mess, now get yourself out of it. Then left.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I've made some of the worst vidoes on YouTube. I can tell you that there is no bottom. It's all good.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I would think a LEO should have arrested him and taken him for psychiatric evaluation because he is too stupid to be left unsupervised. Even if they can't hold him very long, a lot of drugs and some EST should have him drooling in the corner and no longer a danger to himself and others.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

I don't look for those YT weird things, mostly music and self-help things, like how to do a specific thing in knitting....how to replace memory in a computer.

In my opinion, YT and social media go too far.
They need better T&C.
And that vid should be taken down.

And FWIW, I hope the fire department BILLS HIM for the entire rescue!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

They are from the quaint English hamlet of Wolverhampton (and f###ing Fordhouses at that) rated as a worse place the live or vist or w/e than places such as El Salvador and Beirut or similar not so long ago.

Fifth worst place in the world

There was a curry house inspected by food hygeine that had a sofa in the kitchen with a dead man on it. Not so far from the cement boys too.

food prepared next to corpse

So when i read about this earlier and saw where they were from i was perversely proud of my birthplace. We used to have more drug dealers per head of population than anywhere else in the country too. I'd like to think we still do.

It is a strange and often bewildering place, great if you like getting into a fight over some chips and having a broken bottle in your face but sadly the misery of supporting Wolverhampton Wanderers has been all turned around.

I adore and abhor the place in equal measure. I no longer live there

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Bramble Iceshimmer

If he is too stupid to survive, the nature dictates he should be removed from the gene pool not coddled and swaddled and saved from himself.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: skalla

There was a curry house inspected by food hygeine that had a sofa in the kitchen with a dead man on it

hahahaha - what a weird world we live in - read the link and the other health defects. Mind blown

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

The corpse may well not have been the worst health risk there, it's just a wonderful story. I regularly drove past it for a few years (not my regular side of town) before this incident but luckily always got my pakora elsewhere

It's a seriously rare place is wolvo.

There is a bbc vid of the idiot here

prankster would be better off dead frankly

He's a complete moron, no powers of reason (or responsibility) at all or so it seems. It was worth it because the fire service got to save his life and what about drunk drivers anyway?

In all honesty i would have laughed if he'd died.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join