It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video shows police killing of Daniel Shaver in Mesa, Arizona (viewer discretion advised)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: calwoodbutcher
a reply to: notsure1

The POS was looking to shoot that person.

When you make # up it's hard to look at these scenarios objectively.

You're blind if you don't see the murderous intent on the part of the 'Officer'.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

And how can this video not be shown to the jurors?

I was shown to the jury.

It just was released publicly.

A prosecutor on Thursday showed a jury video of a Mesa police officer fatally shooting an unarmed man who was on his knees after he sobbed and begged not to be shot.

The police body camera video was introduced during opening statements in the trial of former Mesa Officer Philip "Mitch" Brailsford, 26, who is charged with second-degree murder in the killing of Daniel Shaver, 26. It is the first time the footage has been seen publicly since the 2016 shooting.
Link
ty for the link.

The link I read earlier was saying they did not show the video to the jurors. HMM I wonder if I can still edit that out.

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Cop has "you're #ed," engraved.

But hey, it's the man who was murdered fault because he was tipsy... lol.

Because in Soviet America, being drunk warrants the death penalty from agents of peace who inscribe "you're #ed," to instill that safety that police provide through "protecting and serving."

It's events like these that make people say "# the police," and with good reason.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Here's a good write up about the case.
He jury was shown the video and the cop was fired from the Mesa PD.
How he did not get charged with 2nd degree is beyond me

Write up

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Be honest, obey commands. Don't get yourself killed.

OBEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope this ex-pig burns in hell after giving his beretta a blowjob.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
When someone is shouting at you and pointing a gun at you - comprehension skills go out the window.
Fear is paralysing.
Why do police officers have to shout? If they calmly directed the man this death would not have happened.

edit on 8-12-2017 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I could only watch the first 30 seconds or so. That cop is a complete dick. Cops are a higher class of citizen. They do not need to obey the laws. They are not here to serve and protect. We are here to follow their orders, as unconstitutional as they may be, or risk death.

I have been fighting against these abuses of authority my entire career and yet my profession is routinely criticized and demonized. The state of this nation is woeful.

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Just watched the video and WTF?!? That cop should get life sentence for what he did. That was plain murder. No wonder Americans hate cops.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: JimNasium
The thought is that if they're crawling towards You on hands/feet, they cannot hold a weapon because their hands would be on the ground.

Except he had the wife just on her knees and the husband on all fours, not exactly consistent commands and as Shamrock pointed out he was terminated for his handling of the situation.

If he is found not guilty why fire him? Not guilty is not guilty right? Can he now just go to another department and get a job as a cop.

Guess I should be asking Shamrock lol.

Because handling the situation poorly, and second-degree murder are not the same thing. Blame the prosecutor for his stunt.
He fully undeserved to be fired. No question. This was a tragedy. It isn't, however, second-degree murder, and the reaction to someone reaching for the waistband after being warned not to is going to be near automatic nearly universally. In some respects, it seems fortunate he wasn't shot the first time. Reaching for your waistband is going to get you shot, no matter what colour your skin is, as in this case.
He was called to a scene with reports of a weapon. He warns a man who appears intoxicated (another flag for unpredictable) not to reach for his waistband the first time. The second time he was shot. Those are the only facts relevant in this criminal trial. Second-degree murder needs elements is case comes nowhere near meeting.
This was handled extremely poorly, he should never hold another job in law enforcement. The City itself might be liable for his actions which probably violate some policy, perhaps reflect poor training or policies, and no doubt helped lead to the tragic shooting. But a civil liability is not second-degree murder, and the prosecutor should be pilloried for this stunt. I'm not even sure you could convince a jury of manslaughter, as the self-defense defense clearly overrides the necessary elements there as well.

+17 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

The officer also asked him if he was drunk and he said no. If the kid had been honest perhaps the officer would've taken that into account that he may not be able to follow instructions very well.

Be honest, obey commands. Don't get yourself killed.

You will defend this piece of crap murderer no matter what anyone says. No point in trying to reason with a blockhead.

People like you scare the #e out of normal, law abiding citizens.

There is no defense for that jack booted thug!

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Watching this makes me think that is NOT how you make America Great Again. Trump needs to weigh in heavily on this sort of cop terrorism.

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Tats all over and "your Fu#### "engraved on his gun. Take the uniform off and who looks like the thug?

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

Tats all over and "your Fu#### "engraved on his gun. Take the uniform off and who looks like the thug?
send this guy front line in middle east to combat ISIS...no weapons just throw him off in middle of the war zone in a parachute

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Oh please dude...give me a break. He earned That? You're out of control...

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: Grambler
This was a murder.

I hope this cop gets a fair trial, and then fries.

He was tried and found not guilty.

Well I admit to not knowing what happened in the trial.

Maybe there wasn't enough to charge him.

But that video was disgusting.

Is it normal to ask people to crawl towards you?

Once he was lying with his hands out, Why not just approach him cautiously and cuff him?

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
That cop knew he was going to shoot him. I am a strong defender of LEO's but in this case, no, there was no reason to open fire. None. This was not about not complying. Cop knew he had a chance and took it. Little AntiFa looking wannabe.

He is no better than the football players taking a knee. They are all worthless POS's...

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I hope whoever called the cops at that hotel sees this video and feels guilty as hell for the rest of their life. This didnt need to happen

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
wow, he should be hung publicly. That was insanity.

What a good little brainwahsed puppet of the state.

The cop right before the call - God! i've just been waking up praying to murder someone for like a week now! Lets do this!

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Americans and guns and people not fit to use them, seems to happen more and more

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert
Because handling the situation poorly, and second-degree murder are not the same thing.

Just different wording.

If I handled a situation poorly and I shot someone dead - it would be at least manslaughter.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join