It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctors identify brain abnormalities in Cuba attack patients

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Beginning about two years ago, Canadian and American working at the US embassy in Cuba began experiencing things that are up to now inexplicable: disembodied noises, loss of vision/hearing, and difficulty saying certain words. Speculation that some sort of "Sonic Weapon" was targeting these individuals (both at work and home) soon became the popular theory. But, medical scientists who have been studying this have found changes in the victims' brains that point to other possible explanations:

SOURCE ARTICLE

Doctors treating the U.S. Embassy victims of suspected attacks in Cuba have discovered brain abnormalities as they search for clues to explain hearing, vision, balance and memory damage, the Associated Press has learned. It's the most specific finding to date about physical damage, showing that whatever it was that harmed the Americans, it led to perceptible changes in their brains. The finding is also one of several factors fueling growing skepticism that some kind of sonic weapon was involved.

Medical testing has revealed the embassy workers developed changes to the white matter tracts that let different parts of the brain communicate, several U.S. officials said, describing a growing consensus held by university and government physicians researching the attacks. White matter acts like an information highway between brain cells. Loud, mysterious sounds followed by hearing loss and ear-ringing had led investigators to suspect sonic attacks. But officials are now carefully avoiding that term. The sounds may have been the byproduct of something else that caused damage, said three U.S. officials briefed on the investigation. They weren't authorized to discuss it publicly and demanded anonymity.

Physicians, FBI investigators and U.S. intelligence agencies have spent months trying to piece together the puzzle in Havana, where the U.S. says 24 U.S. government officials and their spouses fell ill starting last year in homes and later in some hotels. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said Wednesday he's "convinced these were targeted attacks," but the U.S. doesn't know who's behind them. A few Canadian Embassy staffers also got sick.

What do you think? Some manufactured chemical compound that works as a brain poison? A parasite? Microwave weapon?

Or, Poltergeists?

I feel sorry for the people that had to live with this and have allegedly had their brains damaged by whatever this is. It seems to me that there might have been multiple methods of clandestine attacks on the workers, including some sort of sonic weapon.
edit on 1262017 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
How about alcohol?

Some excuse, "I got drunk last night but lemmee tell you what really happened..."

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
poison
sorry but sonic weapons, dont do that

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: humanoidlord
poison
sorry but sonic weapons, dont do that

please explain why you don't think sonic weapons do that when others are saying this was showing the same side effects? what makes you so certain. not harassing, just curious as to what you know about it, and what makes you so certain its poison?

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
This is really disconcerting.

Cuba better hope we don't find out this was a state-sanctioned action!

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: gunshooter

Sounds more like a bioweapon than anything....and who just happens to buddy buddy with Cuba, our good friend Lil Kim.

And people are worried about Nukes...

Here is a cut from a more in depth article in Snopes which largely discusses each symptom and it's relation to the "sonic weapon" theory which snopes listed as False.

Physicians are treating the symptoms like a new, never-seen-before illness. After extensive testing and trial therapies, they're developing the first protocols to screen cases and identify the best treatments — even as the FBI investigation struggles to identify a culprit, method and motive. Doctors treating the victims wouldn't speak to the AP, yet their findings are expected to be discussed in an article being submitted to the Journal of the American Medical Assn., U.S. officials said.

Physicians at the University of Miami and the University of Pennsylvania who have treated the Cuba victims are writing it, with input from the State Department's medical unit and other government doctors.

In sum, the symptoms (none of which are universal to all cases) that have been used in the defense of the claim that a “sonic weapon” was used are as follows:
Hearing loss
Nausea,
Vertigo,
Headaches,
Ear-ringing
Concentration and memory problems
Brain swelling or “damage to the central nervous system”
“A more serious illness that involved a blood disorder“

Snopes
edit on 6-12-2017 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
A lot of things might cause this to happen. It could be a gas combination from a mixture of natural things in the environment and something used to clean the rooms. I would guess a micotoxin of some sort or maybe an ammonia compound possibly mixed with a bleach cleaner. The possibilities in today's chemical ridden society are massive, the chemistry can even cross react in the body. Some food additive or chemistry that reacts with a chemical to disinfect the room. Something growing on the air conditioning coils or fins. Maybe the people are taking something to fend off dysteria and it is cross reacting with a chemical used to clean rooms.

It could be almost anything. It does not have to be intentional. I have never even considered that they had sonic weapons used on them, but there is a possibility that an air purifying system is giving off a frequency that effects them. It could be a transmitter nearby that is not a weapon, but for some reason it bothers them because of something they do or because of a possible different frequency of their phones. Two signals can combine to form a different signal. Maybe the place they are staying has a blocking frequency to stop anyone from hacking into calls.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
This is really disconcerting.

Cuba better hope we don't find out this was a state-sanctioned action!

I really don't see the Cuban government doing this. They're trying to improve relations with the US.

Could be Russia, could be North Korea, could even be Venezuela: their commie bus driver president hates the US, and he's clearly not spending his country's money on food for his starving people.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

Its probably some sort of effect from gamma radiation resonance.

The sound reminded me of a NASA recording of space during a gamma ray burst.

Thats not the recording, but imagine that amplified with a higher pitch as well as with a lower tone and played together. I think its related.

EDIT TO ADD:

hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu...

I think this weapon is related to nuclear resonance. It may use some variation of the Mössbauer effect that produces some yet unkown side effect of gamma radiation resonance.

edit on 12 6 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: gunshooter

they cause ear damage and mess with your metabolism
also there is no way to be steahlty with sonic weapons, because as the name says they emit sound

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
There are frequencies that the human ear cannot hear.

The human ear is capable of hearing many of the sounds produced in nature, but certainly not all. Some low frequencies like a heart beat of 1 or 2 Hz can not be heard, just like sonar sounds produced by dolphins which are too high. Any frequency that is below the human range is known as infrasound. It is so low that it may be detected by a creature with big ears, such as an Elephant. In fact, recent research indicates that elephants also communicate with infrasound. Ultrasound, on the other hand, is above the range of the human ear. Bats, whales, porpoises, and dolphins use ultrasound for navigation. Most bats can detect frequencies as high as 100,000 Hz!

hypertextbook.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
The M¨ossbauer effect in homogeneous magnetic field
Miroslav Pardy
Department of Physical Electronics
Masaryk University
Kotl´aˇrsk´a 2, 611 37 Brno, Czech Republic
e-mail:[email protected]
June 2, 2017

I just wanted to add that bit. His paper is free online. Cant find a working link. On mobile ATM.

Pardy proved that magnetic fields can be used to produce the Mossbauer effect off charged ions within a magnetic field.

I think, when you set up 3 large magnetic field generators that create a localized magnetic field by way of the controled flow of supercharged ions, that you can image a whole area like you gave it an xray.

You flood that area with a short but high energy gamma burst that has a longer decay cycle, and create resonance in the localized homogeneous magnetic field.

It wouldnt have to last long. It might even look like natural background radiation.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

when you set up 2 or more large magnetic field generators, that create a localized magnetic field by supercharged ions, that you can image a whole area like you gave it an xray. You flood an area with a short but high energy gamma burst that has a longer decay cycle, and create resonance in the localized homogeneous magnetic field.

.....that sounds over-complicated and unlikely given the location. But for the sake of discussion I have to ask, wouldn't that be detectable in either the atmosphere, houses or bodies of those affected?

Second question: Wouldn't that have affected more than just a relatively small group of clearly targeted individuals?
edit on 6-12-2017 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I'm wondering if the research went beyond the diplomats and tested others in Cuba. If this is environmental, then there should be other people with the same symptoms. If there are no others then you'd have to conclude that it was targeted. Doesn't solve the puzzle but would help determine the scope.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

That depends. Maybe only the immediate target area that was primed (painted) with a low energy gamma burst would be affected since only the magnetic field and the higher spectrum of the gamma radiation would cross beyond a target area.

ADDED:Maybe the primer for the target is a narrow band Xray at the just the right frequency, projected across an amplifying path at the target area in order to start the cycle. The target could have a gas present that interacts with the Xrays, that sends back the Gamma rays to sart a fast cycle of resonance within the now active magnetic field.///

You may feel a slight light-headedness or loss of orientation by only a small magnetic flux. It would last just a few seconds and wouldnt be severe enough to register in most cases. Maybe some people outside the main target area just sipped a coffee, others sat down, or what ever.

The magnetic field variation would only be felt inbetween a gamma burst since in order to have resonance the energy has to come first, and then come back, all across the energy's spectrum.

In Gamma ray harmonic resonance where the field boundry, usually solid iridium, is not obsorbing energy or is only absorbing a negligible amount, any particle in the path of the resonance wave can be identified by using the dopler effect in combination with the Mossbauer effect.

IMO, there must be a way to create a broad spectrum gamma ray directed energy burst. One that can last long enough to resonate at a high frequency within an equally short lived but highly effecient magnetic field.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Why would it only affect the auditory pathways and not the visual ones. Your auditory part of the brain is at the sides of your head around the ears. Visual processing goes all the way from your eyes, through the optic nerves to the hypothalamus and to the back of your head. They should have equivalent problems with vision, taste and touch.

There are some brain parasites that prefer particular brain regions, but not hearing:
blogs.discovermagazine.com...

Could be chemical poisoning:
vestibular.org...

butyl nitrite
mercury
carbon disulfide
styrene
carbon monoxide
tin
hexane
toluene
lead
trichloroethylene
manganese
xylene

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Check out White Matter diseases and it's relation to Alzheimers...some eye opening stuff.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

I agree with you. Actual physical changes to the brain point to a bioweapon.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I have some theories based on my hearing voices, getting energies through body, intelligently timed ear ringing, severe ear pain, localized headaches all during loud voices that seemingly know alot. Its quantum i think. It can i think turn the brain/body into a simulator of sounds off energies. Or its a tx of some kind.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

Why is this not being talked about more here on ATS?

It wreaks of black ops psychotronic weapons testing. And yet, only a few small threads with little to no interest.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join