It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Slashes Size of Bears Ears and Grand Staircase Monuments

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Subsonic

This land should continue to be responsibly managed to maintain conservationist ideals, while also allowing some limited use by for-profit industry. This is how you generate revenue to maintain the land already managed by the NPS.

Wrong. The State makes more money thru tourism Industry and hunting licenses in the long run than stripping it of resources in the short run.

The products of which get sold over seas and the profits of which disappear into Corporate Coffers.

Then theres a new superfund toxic waste site to cleanup (charged to the taxpayer) where before there was a wild wilderness for all to enjoy.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Your quote has some interesting adjectives like "Expected" and "Could".

Is your attempt to muddy the waters due to forgivable fear mongering or do you just feel the need to attack Trump at all costs?

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
"Trump signed an executive order in April instructing Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke to scrutinize any national monument larger than 100,000 acres that was established in the past 21 years. His administration, Trump said, would “end these abuses and return control to the people, the people of all of the states, the people of the United States.”

I think this makes sense.

www.washingtonpost.com... -by-half-documents-show/

Needs more than a brief look...

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
sky is falling!

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
You know, if Trump wants to 'do something' why not go after the TeleFraud industry that's making abundant use of Identity Theft to mask their phone numbers and identities. Do something concrete and actually helpful 'for the little guy'. Instead of messing with things he doesn't have a clue about.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Subsonic

...limited use by for-profit industry.

I’m not too sure you can make the claim of “limited use” given the 85% figure.

Let’s hope you’re correct.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
You know, if Trump wants to 'do something' why not go after the TeleFraud industry that's making abundant use of Identity Theft to mask their phone numbers and identities. Do something concrete and actually helpful 'for the little guy'. Instead of messing with things he doesn't have a clue about.

You'd have to figure out some way to convince him that it was started by and is ran by the Democrats/Obama for him to lift a finger.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
a reply to: intrptr

Its federal land, its not for sale.

The fed doesn't 'own' it, the people do. The Fed is supposed to protect it From corporate interests, that seek to exploit it, like they do everywhere else.

The lease or outright selling off of the land is one way they get revenue to continue their endless foreign wars; destruction of the World Environment.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
This stuff is a big deal in Western States. In places like Utah and Nevada, literally most of the land in the state belongs to the Feds in one way or another.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Correct, AND this is just giving back to Utah what the previous administration took that had previously not been federally protected, from what I see.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Yep and look what they do with it , comtaminate and blow the ba-jebus out of it

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I tried looking for it. But I remember back during the election reading up on Trumps policies and how on the environmental side of it all there was a strong emphasis on protecting America's land, and waters, and preserving it's natural beauty.

Doesn't look that way now does it... I honestly think more protected land is needed in all nations around the world.
Just look at how far the Dominican Republic has come in less than 20 years, they have preserved their natural surroundings, and revitalized them. While Haiti has raped their lands for all it has.
There is literal 'line' down between the two nations seen from space from the deforestation and preservation.
See what happens.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

Is your attempt to muddy the waters due to forgivable fear mongering or do you just feel the need to attack Trump at all costs?

Highlighting likelihoods doesn’t qualify as fearmongering.
& having defended some of Trump’s other decisions your second choice doesn’t have a leg to stand on.
edit on 5-12-2017 by Hazardous1408 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: thesaneone

And here I thought you were a critical thinker.

Not when it comes to Trump.... They literally go temporary insane....

Ummm...nothing temporary about that...I'm afraid...

"There's no hope...for the wicked"

YouSir

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I admit to not being well informed of this topic.

But hasn't the U.S. federal government been claiming land in Nevada like crazy recently?

If so, giving land back to the state hardly seems to be a continuing trend.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
People in Utah got Lit, many years ago...... it was BLM ground, Government ground. their stewardship was less than prudent. www.youtube.com...

Many a Superfund site there.
edit on 5-12-2017 by Plotus because: just because

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
This is great! Its time to invest in fence poles barbed wire and no trespassing signs! Going to set up tracts with hunt leases just like all of the East Coast up to the Rockies.

Handing over 85% back to state is a mistake, big mining and oil companies are drooling right now.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Giving control of land in individual States back to the States in which the land is...

Sounds good to me.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Bears Ears was dedicated in late 2016. It survived unscathed for centuries of non-monument status... I think it will be just fine.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: 38181

Right, ever seen what the feds allow in national waters? This makes checks and balances within the realm of state voters.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join