It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Kill Family’s Dog in Front of Kids, Force Dad to Cut Its Head Off Or Go To Jail

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: MountainLaurel

Respectfully know the laws and the job before speaking on behalf of law enforcement in terms of what they should / how they should "feel threatened" by an animal.

The clothes have no impact on an animal bite and i have seen enough to know the damage an animal bite can cause.

Dont speak for law enforcement if you have never done the job, dont know the law, never seen the repercussions of an animal bite.

again respectfully.

Respectfully, in this case the cops didn't know the "laws" either and when asked directly by the dog owner to sight the laws he was bullied, assaulted and threatened with arrest. If you want to argue that because I'm not a cop I have no way of understanding how "threatened" they feel, then I would call BS, never have I feared for my life from an aggressive dog anything more then being bitten if I didn't back off.

I am NOT speaking for law enforcement, in fact I'm speaking against them in this case and too many other ones like this one. I really can't stand it when people try and guilt others into not calling foul when police brutality is so obvious, as in this case. BTW, I wrote a thread here on ATS when a very wonderful cop helped my Dad and the dogs when he had a medical emergency while walking the dogs.

Like I said, we will see how this is handled by his superiors and fellow officers...that will tell me what I need to know...Respectfully.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

let's take a moment to thank the real hero in videos like this : TECHNOLOGY.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Yup and I am saying its not as easy as you think, especially when it comes to justification of actions. In this case I dont see a law that prevents what they did. There is a law that exempts law enforcement from certain requirements that apply to everyone else (animal cruelty).

My point was you claiming that their clothes would protect them when in reality it wont is problematic. I am saying its not up to you or me to determine if the threshold of feeling threatened was met or not. I am saying that the dog owner could not cite a law that justified his resistance to what he was being told.

The reasonableness and legality of what he was told is also not up to him. That determination is up to a prosecuting attorney for charges and a judge or jury for correct application.

As I said I dont agree with their actions however that doesnt mean they arent legal.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

In some states the head of a dog suspected of having rabies must have its head sent to the proper facilities for a diagnosis.
It could be that the cop had no reason to suspect that and was merely covering his with a trumpted up excuse. Or it could have been a legitimate deal. We don't know. But feel free to rant and rave.

Even if it did have rabies, which seems fairly doubtful considering it was someone's dog, that was with them, how in any way is it ok to make the owner chop off it's head, which if it did have rabies is dangerous to the dog owner. If the man had open wounds on his hands he could risk being infected.
Not to mention leaving potentially infected blood all over the property.

There's no way in hell it's proper in anyway for a cop to assault someone and force him to chop a dogs head off in his yard.

I've worked with potentially rabid animals, you don't # around with that. The only person handling the dog, let alone decapitating it, is some kind of trained professional who has been vaccinated against rabies.

I had to get a series of 3 injections at about $250 a piece before I was allowed anywhere near any animals, dead or alive, that might have had rabies.

Not only was what that cop did horribly #ed up, but incredibly dangerous to everyone around.

You do not want to # around with rabies. It's a horrible way to die.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

I would tell the cop flat out that it doesnt end there.

Screw jail, a beating, a raping or anything else he may have in his corner.

I wouldnt cut my damn dogs head off. I might sooner go to jail for assaulting a cop or following him home from the station.

Just sick.

edit on 12 4 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

That is the COPS version of ISIS...won't do it to people...too gruesome, but let's do dogs instead. Bunch of cowards. These cops are terrorists.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Of course the cop will say the dog might have rabies. They are trigger happy morons looking for excuses to justify their excessive use of force. They shoot first ask questions later. If an owner's dog went after you it's because you don't belong on the property and you should have gotten the owner's permission first. It's like arresting somebody for resisting arrest. It's a catch 22. This is the # that makes people protest national anthems. Too many cops are reckless animals with no regard for any lives but their own.

If a cop told me to cut my pet's head off, I would tell them to go # themselves and just keep repeating it all the way to the station.
edit on 12 4 17 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I would prefer to see the entire story / report before condemning either side in this.

Same here.

In general, though, I'm ALWAYS suspect to anything posted from Free Thought Project as it pertains to LE overreach or abuse of authority, as it generally seems to only take into account the parts of the encounters that make the LEOs look bad.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Yup and I am saying its not as easy as you think, especially when it comes to justification of actions. In this case I dont see a law that prevents what they did. There is a law that exempts law enforcement from certain requirements that apply to everyone else (animal cruelty).

My point was you claiming that their clothes would protect them when in reality it wont is problematic. I am saying its not up to you or me to determine if the threshold of feeling threatened was met or not. I am saying that the dog owner could not cite a law that justified his resistance to what he was being told.

The reasonableness and legality of what he was told is also not up to him. That determination is up to a prosecuting attorney for charges and a judge or jury for correct application.

As I said I dont agree with their actions however that doesnt mean they arent legal.

I understand your position, I just absolutely disagree. I don't believe it's reasonable for a cop to inflict trauma upon a civilian because the civilian pisses them off by questioning an unreasonable "law" or "request".....it's all well and good to say let the DA's and courts deal with it AFTER the fact, but it doesn't change the trauma that was endured, in this case " Cut off your dogs head or go to jail "......it's sooooo insane it's un-defend-able by reasonable people, IMO.

Any cop that's willing to shoot the family dog in front of the children, then command the rightly upset Father to do such an unspeakable thing, is no one I want having ANY power over the public.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

I would prefer to see the entire story / report before condemning either side in this.

Same here.

In general, though, I'm ALWAYS suspect to anything posted from Free Thought Project as it pertains to LE overreach or abuse of authority, as it generally seems to only take into account the parts of the encounters that make the LEOs look bad.

Yes TFTP is very bias. But in this instance we do have a video of the cop threatening to arrest him if he did not do it.

I dont know how you can even try and justify that.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Dear Johnny law, if you shot my dog, in front of children no less. You better make sure your clip is full. That cop was lucky to walk away. I think police are 99% percent good. They need to reel in the bad ones.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

the only reason to cut a dogs head off i can think off is if dog bit someone and they wanna check for rabies but that is done by offcials at a laboratory why because rabies is carried via bodily fluids. this steaming turd got skared and shot the dog and was afraid owner going to make his life hell so he trying to think of way out and was grasping at straws and got confused. but seriously this dude show up in my yard a shoots my dog i am going to have him arrested for discharging a firearm within 500 foot of a dwelling and destruction of private property and criminal trespass if he fish and game he has no business on private property without a warrant

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: Xcathdra

That is absolutely weird!

Are you thinking this may be a skit or hoax by this guy? Maybe an anti-LE action?

I realize that is just speculation, but it certainly would at least make sense. As it stands right now, the decapitation part is just plain bizarre. I mean the shooting itself is not only common but it sounds entirely lawful. The part that gets me entirely is threatening to arrest the guy for not complying with an impossible order

I for one would love to find out it is a hoax. Cops cant be this bad right? I mean and stilll keep their job..

Most cops aren't this bad. Most are good and honest people who do the best they can while working in extremely hostile environments.

Can you really tell me a-holes aren't attracted to other professions? I saw a nurse recently on Twitter....

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I didn't watch the video, only read the article and then looked up another trying to find out what the response was by the cops superiors, couldn't find anything. I'm curious if the video made it clear who the dude was in the purple shirt ? Was he a cop in charge of some sort of internal police animal control ? Was it his job perhaps to make sure the dogs head was turned in for testing ? Is it possible he decided to hand off his duties to the dog owner to avoid doing a very unpleasant thing himself ? Skipping a step to get home earlier ? IDK ?

If anyone that watched it has an opinion to share, I'd be interested to hear it....sorry, I'm wimping out, I just can't watch it .

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
If the dog bit someone, or an officer (which apparently it did, or at least charged him), it would need to be tested for rabies. The head is usually removed to do that. As someone already pointed out though, that is FISH AND GAMES job, or the Vet who will be doing the testing.

If you go to 3:50 we find out that he was being told he had to take the dog up to have the dogs head removed and he did not let the statement finish. He became verbally abusive to the officers. Later in the video it appears he VOLUNTEERS to get a kitchen knife to cut the dogs head off rather than go pay to have the head removed.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
Yes TFTP is very bias. But in this instance we do have a video of the cop threatening to arrest him if he did not do it.

I dont know how you can even try and justify that.

*sigh*

When did I try to justify the officer's actions and threats?

When?

Allow myself to quote...myself:

So, yeah, as far as I can tell, this LEO was a complete assh0le in making the homeowner do what he did to his dog, and quite honestly, I would question his mental ability to be a police officer if he's willing to force someone to do this to their own dog right after it was shot.

So, while there is no mandate for all of this to occur, I think that the existence of these guidelines, at the very least, gives the homeowner cause for a lawsuit. If the investigator truly felt that the animal may have rabies, they should not have forced--or even allowed--a civilian to remove the head, not knowing if he has received a pre-exposure rabies vaccination.

At the very least, they should have had the fish-and-game guy do it, or called for a veterinarian to come do it properly.

What I still refuse to accept is that the investigator basically forced the homeowner to remove the dog's head under thread of detainment or arrest. That could have and should have been handled VERY differently, as the guidelines that I shared with you in a subsequent post indicate.... I cannot condone the way that officer acted in regards to the removal of the dog's head for rabies testing.

So, yeah, you were saying about me trying to justify the LEO's actions? Gimme a GD break.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Nowhere in the video is a dead dog shown, nor is a head removed. Never was he forced to cut the head off. The title is a lie.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I wish I could say this is just one sick pathetic cop. But its not. Even in this video, its not just the one cop demanding the dad cut his pets head off, its the ones standing there watching and doing nothing about it.

If that cop is truly concerned that the dog had rabies then he is forcing a civilian into a harmful position by forcing him to expose himself to potentially harmful bodily fluids without proper training or gear for doing so. That in itself is a crime.

I sincerely hope that ass.hole loses his job, gets sued, and ends up in jail.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

The officer didn't force the homeowner to do anything. The homeowner volunteered to do it. Watch the video. I believe the homeowner was trying to avoid a bill associated with removing the dogs head. Little does he know he will be billed for the rabies test anyway.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Show me in the video where anyone forced him to do this...

He is even told WHERE he can take the dog to have the head removed. He VOLUNTEERS to go get a kitchen knife and cut the dogs head off.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join