It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tax money well spent?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   
With the latest tax reform bill now passed I thought it would interesting to see what some of our tax money and 20 trillion dollar debt is buying us.

Baltimore city schools are number 3 on the list nationwide for receiving the most federal money for schools,and number 1 on list in Maryland for receiving the most state and federal money of any school district in the state.

what have tax payers received in exchange for all that tax money and borrowed money that has been funneled into the Baltimore city schools, well lets take a look.

Six Baltimore City schools were found to have not a single student who scored proficient in math or reading in 2016.

in 2017 only 14 students out of almost 4,000 who took the test scored proficient in math.

Baltimore spends roughly $1.4 billion annually on education, or roughly $16,000 per student.

reading proficiency rates among Baltimore High School graduates hover at around 11 percent, and math proficiency rates hover around 12 percent. This is in a school system that graduates roughly 70 percent of its students each year.

thehill.com...

this is just one city out of many in the U.S. , but I`m sure the stats for other large U.S. cities are just as dismal.

paying taxes so that disabled veterans are taken care of isn`t a crime but paying taxes so that 1.4 billion annually can be spent in baltimore so that only %12 percent of the students who graduate are proficient is a crime.

edit on 2-12-2017 by bluechevytree because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: bluechevytree

That's is pretty bad, however tax money is almost never well spent so no real surprises there.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
But...but.....grade school is free, I don’t cost nuffin!! Bwwaaahh haaahaaa. Government suck at most thing it does trust them to educate your children?

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
But...but.....grade school is free, I don’t cost nuffin!! Bwwaaahh haaahaaa. Government suck at most thing it does trust them to educate your children?

Free for students, teachers need too be paid and the school needs to be maintained .

Teachers educate children not government .

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: bluechevytree

We have 800+ foreign military bases all around the World. We have too much American adventurism. Guns or butter, choose!

We have way too much poverty in this country. Let the God damn English and French defend Europe. Let the Chinese keep the oil lanes open.

America FIRST! End the madness!!

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   
No amount of money fixes stupid.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   
1.4 billion tax dollars given to Baltimore city schools this year divided by the 14 students who were proficient in math this year, means that ( if my math is proficient) tax payers basically spent 100 million dollars per student, in Baltimore, for each student that was proficient in math.

edit on 2-12-2017 by bluechevytree because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

well, you know that and I know that but democrats don`t seem to know that.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluechevytree
a reply to: Metallicus

well, you know that and I know that but democrats don`t seem to know that.

That has nothing to do with it, it is just more corruption and taxes lining pockets just like every government institution. Albeit, im sure Baltimore in not lacking any hoodrat, dumb, unmotivated children. Granted this is not entirely their fault, the situations/neighborhoods born into play a big role.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Now Russian sympathizers are attacking our children.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Government dictates what is taught, at least in the good ol USA 1a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

Yeah sure they have guidelines and dictate what can be taught, however teachers can choose how to deliver that information.

A good teacher will be equipped to provide kids with positive and helpful skills.

Sadly people become teachers for the wrong reasons, but that is not just teachers, that is across the board in all careers.

top topics

join