It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Macron to introduce fines for 'gender-based insults' in France

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   

French President Emmanuel Macron will make “gender-based insults” illegal in France, he announced Monday.

Macron said during a speech marking the International Day for Elimination of Violence Against Women that he will make the “verbal attacks” on women punishable by a fine, The New York Times reported.

“The streets should not become hell for the women of France,” he said, calling “to seal a pact of equality between men and women.”

Macron said that France’s Ministry of the Interior is holding meetings that will lead to new rules “in a few weeks’ time.”

Macron to introduce fines for 'gender-based insults' in France

Interesting response in light of all the sexual harassment claims coming out of the woodwork.

Unsure how this will be implemented, and how they will deal with 'false accusers'

+16 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I can think of a few other issues facing France that he'd better spend his time addressing than people using bad words.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: bgerbger

Does that work both ways .. ?

Dem wimuns cin be dayum nasty !

edit on 28-11-2017 by Timely because: Phat phingered oaf on android phone

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I guess France do not have Free speech anymore. People should be able to insult anyone they wish. Words are not physical abuse. Don't like what I have to say walk away.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 05:38 AM
link   

So he is making a law that is only to help one gender? What a stupid law if so.

Not only that, I thought they are so progressive... what about the LGBTQTTTRTQTDTDGWB community?

Ridiculous

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Wow pretty much everyone in France uses variations on the word putain for pretty much everything. I wonder if that will mean everyone in France will get fined for every other word?

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   

That's great...the world is turning into one big kindergarten.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   
The best way to deal with false accusers is to have a false accuser's register.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: bgerbger

Macron said during a speech marking the International Day for Elimination of Violence Against Women that he will make the “verbal attacks” on women punishable by a fine, The New York Times reported.

“The streets should not become hell for the women of France,” he said, calling “to seal a pact of equality between men and women.”

Does he not see the hypocrisy with this? 'I want to seal a pact of equality between men and women, to do this we will make verbal attacks on women punishable by a fine' Are you kidding me? Women are the most vicious on this planet when it comes to verbal assault, are you telling me I cannot verbally defend myself against a woman?

I can see it now, a couple having a heated argument in france.

Woman - You're nothin' but a two timing sob you're a pos
Cops - Wait for it lads
Man - Oh yeah, well you're a s**t
Cops - You're under arrest for the verbal assault of a woman.
Woman - This a**hole started it
Man - You're a lying b**ch
Cops - Add another verbal assault charge Johnson

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Obviously Macron needs LGBTQQIAAPPO2S training.

Saying that their are only TWO genders, what evil thinks that way?

I mean what kind of bigot only thinks a ciswomen is a women?

He obviously broke his own law on verbal abuse, anyone who disagrees with me is LGBTQQIAAPPO2Sphobic

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Unsure how this will be implemented, and how they will deal with 'false accusers'

That opens the flood gate for false accusations.

He should read, "To Kill a Mockingbird".

ETA: And study Salem Witch Trials.
edit on 28-11-2017 by intrptr because: ETA:

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: joemoe

Words can be worse than physical abuse, and sometimes the victims cannot walk away.

Also, harassment is not free speech.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   
And only 1 month after France institutes it's new law punishing 'verbal assault' on women, France now has the world record for men who suddenly decided to identify as women. At last count, France now has a whopping 9 women for every 10 men. We haven't found any men to actually confirm the numbers but we're sure there's a few out there.

originally posted by: ArMaP

Words can be worse than physical abuse, and sometimes the victims cannot walk away.

Also, harassment is not free speech.

I was going to leave it at my first comment but then I saw this. As someone who has been both verbally abused and physically attacked..you are full of #. I would rather have someone scream in my face and call me all the worst things under the sun than attack me. In one of those situations my life is at risk...in the other not so much.
edit on 28/11/2017 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28/11/2017 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Manliness has never been a French strongpoint.
a reply to: dug88

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I made a joke, 'what if a woman (in France) says "just like a Man", can she now be arrested?' It seems this law is not about 'gender' but about 'women'.

You can not legislate manners. You can try, but you just end up being divisive.

I am polite because I want to see myself as a 'good person'. Do I sometimes want to shout and 'invective'? Sure. It takes work not to sink to the lowest levels of human behavior, but you're not going to accomplish this by making more 'laws'.

FWIW

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Words are just that ... words. The government should have no control over what you or anyone says.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Pfff . French Le this La that ,go figure . Oh and this made me think of the anti-Christ who will have no regard for women . Is this setting the stage ? don't know ...just sayin

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Maricon is a pathetic, granny shagging, globalist traitor excuse for a man that belongs under a guillotine.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

Only if you let them.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
I was going to leave it at my first comment but then I saw this. As someone who has been both verbally abused and physically attacked..you are full of #. I would rather have someone scream in my face and call me all the worst things under the sun than attack me. In one of those situations my life is at risk...in the other not so much.

I wholeheartedly agree. As someone who not only grew up in an abusive household, I even ended up dating an abusive woman for around a year. Yes, abusive words can and do hurt, but as time goes on you can actually learn to tune many of it out. You know what you can't tune out?? Being physically hit. Many times I was hit because I just started ignoring all the mean things my mom/ex-gf was saying to me.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join