It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTH???? Steel Magnolias??? Really??

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
WTF...why are women so attracted to this movie Steel Magnolias???

I swear to Gawd, if that show is in the channel guide, my wife will stop on it and start watching it (even though she's seen it like 45,000 times, just like every other female on planet Earth!)

What the F# is it with this damn movie? What is it about a movie with no plot, no ending and no nothing...that women like so much??? GAH!!!!

My wife is not the first woman I've known who just will drop everything to watch this show. It's like "Turn the freaking TV OFF, I'd rather watch paint dry and grass grow than watch this movie!!" But, NOOOOoooooooo.

Good Grief!! WTH??? (does it have some subliminal mind-candy for women it it or something...mind control...what???)

GAWD...I simply cannot STAND that movie!! And Jane Fonda? (GAH...kill me now!!)

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
...jane fonda isn't in steel magnolias

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
C'mon ... it's a classic. The acting by Sally Fields when her daughter ( Julia Roberts ) drops dead unexpectedly from complications of Diabetes is a stellar performance.

The back and forth dialogue between Shirley Mcleans and Olivia Dukakis characters is priceless. Darrel Hannah's character is endearing, and Dolly Partons character brings them all together in her shop.

It's funny.. extremely tragic... not to mention full of great actresses.

Have you actually watched it and focused from beginning to end ?

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I've never seen it. What's it about? I think people just have favorite movies. My husband will drop everything for Jaws or the Godfather. For me, it any Tim Hanks movie.

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I agree the movie is boring as hell. Now if Dolly would have went topless, you bet your ass I would own that movie!!!

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

That's for a summary. I may need to watch it sometime.

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: mymymy
I agree the movie is boring as hell. Now if Dolly would have went topless, you bet your ass I would own that movie!!!

The movie isn't for your type of audience 😏

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kentuckymama

That's for a summary. I may need to watch it sometime.

I guarantee you will laugh your guts out at some parts ... and shed tears at other points. Sally Fields does hurt and angry so well !!!

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
I guarantee you will laugh your guts out at some parts ... and shed tears at other points. Sally Fields does hurt and angry so well !!!

she really does amazing... that scene near the end in particular.

i loved the movie when i was a kid, drifted away from it... rewatched it a couple years ago after losing someone close to me and it was so moving. i cried and cried.

link   

shirley mcclaine played cranky old wheezer!!! so funny..... I always liked tom skerritt he was funny too....the movie has funny parts sad parts...why do you think it didn't have an ending

link   

LOL, that's for sure. I have tried twice to watch it, once with an ex, and again with my wife and I just could not get interested

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
It's the quintessential chick movie with multiple strong female leads. No explosions. No car chases. OF COURSE it's boring!

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
curious to know what movies fit OP's definitions of interesting and rewatchable

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

I have seen Steel Magnolias a few times, and it was watchable although not my favorite movie. I do give it style points for the bloody armadillo cake.

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

Yeah, sorry, you're correct. I meant Shirley Mclain.

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

thats a good movie man.
i have not watched it in a while but i have seen it several times.

chick flicks rule

i also like fried green tomatoes (at the whistle stop cafe)
first wifes club
and loads of others but the joy luck club ftw!!!!!!

im serious too

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Could be worse. I just watched my huskers get stomped by iowa . . .

Sad day

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

I thought it was good, but maybe its just your wife and I am sure a few others. There is a movie I have personally done that with, and it is Jaws. Not 45,000 times, but I'm sure in my 46 years over a hundred. Not the entire movie mind you, but enough. There is something about that movie I just have always liked.

Don't you have a movie you personally stop on? I bet you do, and maybe your wife thinks the same thing about you as you do about her?

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

Yeah, Jaws will stop me cold when I am channel surfing.

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I find they have the same reaction to the movie "Grease":

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join