It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skyrim VR

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
This is my 5th copy of Skyrim, I've owned it on pc, ps3, ps4, ps4 pro (4K) and now in glorious VR. The graphic resolution has been lowered but it is still a great looking game.

I tried playing with a standard controller first, but it made me feel a little giddy. Playing with the move controllers is a much better experience as long as you switch the mode to free movement instead of teleport. It does take a bit of getting used to though due to the horrible move controllers not having thumb sticks.

Using a shield in this version is important, you can block an attack and then use it to bash your opponent to stagger them, followed up with an axe to the face of course. You can also swing out with your shield and strike with the edge of it.

Magic, especially destruction spells are awesome in VR although fireballs and lightning bolts etc. are hard to aim correctly. Taking aim with a bow or crossbow is also tricky, I'm not sure yet if it gets easier as you level up those skills.

All up the VR version is a winner, traveling around and meeting the characters face to face is pretty bloody fantastic. If you're thinking about this one for under the christmas tree, do it.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

Have to get my Oculus Rift first but as I love Skyrim I'll take your recommendation and put it on my list to Santa.
Recently went back to Skyrim Special Edition and discovered even after all these years it's still a special game.

Fus Ro Dah ....

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Well now you got my mind going down memory lane here.
Ive spent many hours...days...weeks...ect in Skyrim.

I was looking at it on the shelf the other day and thinking, man I bet theres some pretty cool stuff in there since the 360 version.
So now im in a bit of conundrum.
Its the wives bday today and I was planning to buy her a new appliance, either a dishwasher or new washer and dryer.

But now I want PSVR.
It sounds like theres something worth while now for it.

I have a feeling its going to be one heck of an expensive day.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Thanks for the review! I am getting a PSVR and Skyrim VR myself, but I can't afford the move controllers this year. I will have to wait until January. I hope the PS4 controller works for a month, at least! Do you really feel like you are there? Does it trick your mind?
edit on 23amThu, 23 Nov 2017 09:26:16 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Have to get my Oculus Rift first but as I love Skyrim I'll take your recommendation and put it on my list to Santa.
Recently went back to Skyrim Special Edition and discovered even after all these years it's still a special game.

Fus Ro Dah ....

Skyrim VR is only on Playstation VR for now, Oculus gets Fallout 4 VR instead.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Nooooooooooooooo !!!!

Fallout 4 VR I can live without , not a bad game but not the one I was hoping for.
I'm prepared to wait for Skyrim VR , gives me time to get the Oculus.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
Thanks for the review! I am getting a PSVR and Skyrim VR myself, but I can't afford the move controllers this year. I will have to wait until January. I hope the PS4 controller works for a month, at least! Do you really feel like you are there? Does it trick your mind?

Yes mate it puts you in the game, like you're really there and you loose track of real time. Playing with a standard controller is ok and still playable, but when turning around while moving I felt dizzy. You may not have that problem though.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Nooooooooooooooo !!!!

Fallout 4 VR I can live without , not a bad game but not the one I was hoping for.
I'm prepared to wait for Skyrim VR , gives me time to get the Oculus.

I think the Oculus has higher resolution screens than PSVR and will probably be worth the wait.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

Well now you got my mind going down memory lane here.
Ive spent many hours...days...weeks...ect in Skyrim.

I was looking at it on the shelf the other day and thinking, man I bet theres some pretty cool stuff in there since the 360 version.
So now im in a bit of conundrum.
Its the wives bday today and I was planning to buy her a new appliance, either a dishwasher or new washer and dryer.

But now I want PSVR.
It sounds like theres something worth while now for it.

I have a feeling its going to be one heck of an expensive day.

There are a few good titles on PSVR, Resident Evil Biohazard is awesome if you like horror games, though nothing like the scale of Skyrim of course. Goodluck with your wife

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Any decent budget priced goggles out there yet? Can fpv goggles (drones) be used?

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

I’m getting a PlayStation 4 slim for $200 and PSVR giggles for $200 on Black Friday sales. You also have to get the PlayStation camera for $50. It is supposed to be cheaper than buying a VR ready computer and a headset.

I had to save up for a few months but the sales definitely helped.
edit on 23amThu, 23 Nov 2017 10:12:57 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

I’m getting a PlayStation 4 slim for $200 and PSVR giggles for $200 on Black Friday sales. You also have to get the PlayStation camera for $50. It is supposed to be cheaper than buying a VR ready computer and a headset.

I see ok. That is a little steep for me right now. I use a PC for gaming. I am sure in time when VR becomes more mainstream, there will be much cheaper options.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

The PSVR comes bundled with the camera now.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
STOP BUYING SKYRIM!!!

They aren't gonna make a new TES if you keep feeding them money for their old creation!

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Most ppl buying a PC VR system probably already have a good rig that will easily support VR. its a pricy beginning perhaps, but you have a lot more content, steam sales, free stuff, etc, so in the long run, PC will always be the cheaper option..just a pricy start up

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Wonder if the sexlab mods work in the vr version.

Asking for a friend of course.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

You should if you like space that much buy Elite dangerous horizons. It's such a great experience on VR..

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

The main reason I want VR is for race driving games , the immersion is said to be game changing but I'm not averse to cruising the Galaxy either.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

That I want to experience too, but only when I've got a steering wheel force feedback to make it completely realistic.

I've got the Oculus rift and play elite for awhile now it's so weird that when landing on planetary surfaces you actually feel the free fall

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
So much TES. I'm still not done with Tamriel Online. Now we have Skyrim Switch, Skyrim VR, and the new Morrowind. And to think I was worried there wouldn't be another TES after Oblivion.

Oh. Wow. I just thought of what it would be like to fight side by side with that dadgum Jenassa. Crap. I've gotta get VR and buy Skyrim again so they can make another TES game.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join