It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experiences with Bizarre Creatures

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
a reply to: SevenOfNine

I'd say the first was some sort of moth or butterfly, that perhaps isn't too common, and has that sort of wing. Some are quite different. I can understand the curiosity, since I once saw a totally red spider, sort of like a red widow, but ALL red, and can't ID it either. All I can think is, it was perhaps an unusual specimen of that variety. You might contact a bug person at a university or zoo to see if they can help ID it.

The other, don't know what to say there. Some odd effect of the lightning hitting brush, perhaps? How humanoid did what you saw actually seem? Again, I can understand; saw, along with another person, what we called "pole people", which were human-looking forms that seemed to meld into a light pole in a parking lot, one evening. Weird, I know, but I can understand why you are curious, again!

It does seem that some people encounter more oddities than do others. Besides some "supernatural" sorts of things, I have seen a very large, and very creepy, flying something, and also an extremely large vulture, and a massive spider, bigger than should be in the States. In HS, saw something in swamp water that could not be IDed, even using several large and detailed books on pond life. Weird little thing!

For the longest time I kept thinking "butterfly" or "moth", but the more I looked the more I found that what ever it was did not follow the general rules for butterfly or moth wing shape. Unfortunately the only places I might be able to find any experts are 3 or more hours away from me, by car.
They were very humanoid. they had definite shape to them and you could easily point out where arms, legs, torsos, heads, etc. were.
Indeed. my life seems to be a massive collection of bizarre encounters and occurrences. The large spider, at least, might have accidentally been brought from another country? Are you still looking for answers about the flying something and the thing you found in the swamp?

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: SevenOfNine

I'd say the first was some sort of moth or butterfly, that perhaps isn't too common, and has that sort of wing. Some are quite different. I can understand the curiosity, since I once saw a totally red spider, sort of like a red widow, but ALL red, and can't ID it either. All I can think is, it was perhaps an unusual specimen of that variety. You might contact a bug person at a university or zoo to see if they can help ID it.

The other, don't know what to say there. Some odd effect of the lightning hitting brush, perhaps? How humanoid did what you saw actually seem? Again, I can understand; saw, along with another person, what we called "pole people", which were human-looking forms that seemed to meld into a light pole in a parking lot, one evening. Weird, I know, but I can understand why you are curious, again!

It does seem that some people encounter more oddities than do others. Besides some "supernatural" sorts of things, I have seen a very large, and very creepy, flying something, and also an extremely large vulture, and a massive spider, bigger than should be in the States. In HS, saw something in swamp water that could not be IDed, even using several large and detailed books on pond life. Weird little thing!

For the longest time I kept thinking "butterfly" or "moth", but the more I looked the more I found that what ever it was did not follow the general rules for butterfly or moth wing shape. Unfortunately the only places I might be able to find any experts are 3 or more hours away from me, by car.
They were very humanoid. they had definite shape to them and you could easily point out where arms, legs, torsos, heads, etc. were.
Indeed. my life seems to be a massive collection of bizarre encounters and occurrences. The large spider, at least, might have accidentally been brought from another country? Are you still looking for answers about the flying something and the thing you found in the swamp?

Can you sketch at all, so you could share the wing shape? hat, or have someone you know that can try, with your description? This site, or some similar one, might also be of some use. Number 5 on this page has some longer bits to the wings.

I did read more of your descriptions of the "lightning people", and it seems they appeared to walk? I'd still consider the possibility of this being an effect of the lightning, as someone described, though it's hard to say just from the descriptions. Possible? Such a sight would certainly be wild, I can imagine!

The spider, I'd have sworn, looked like any other wolf spider, except for the massive size. Still, some of those Aussie ones look similar, so it's possible. here are a LOT of transplanted creatures in Florida. Also possible it's some weird cross between a wolf spider and a tarantula/banana spider. Bigger than any tarantula I have heard of, though, but people in South America say they get far larger than our scientists accept, so who knows? I just don't ever want to see another one! Nightmare on eight legs, that thing! Child of Shelob. Ick, gack!!

The buzzard looked exactly like every other turkey vulture that was there, after some roadkill just off the road, except for being huge. He could see into the car, standing on the ground, unlike the rest, and when he partly spread out h is wings, they overhung the road edges, on both sides. We joked about things really being bigger in Texas, and didn't realize that was WAY bigger than they are ever supposed to be, anywhere. Seen condors in zoos that weren't as big. If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell my younger self to get pics of that sucker! At the time, it was "just a big ugly bird", and I didn't want to waste my film. Now, I'd have shot the whole roll on that bird!

The swamp water thing....never have been able to figure that one out. Tons of pics of creatures you can see in swamp water, under a microscope, but none like this one. Wish I'd kept the slide, all considered!

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Can you sketch at all, so you could share the wing shape? hat, or have someone you know that can try, with your description? This site, or some similar one, might also be of some use. Number 5 on this page has some longer bits to the wings.

I did read more of your descriptions of the "lightning people", and it seems they appeared to walk? I'd still consider the possibility of this being an effect of the lightning, as someone described, though it's hard to say just from the descriptions. Possible? Such a sight would certainly be wild, I can imagine!

The spider, I'd have sworn, looked like any other wolf spider, except for the massive size. Still, some of those Aussie ones look similar, so it's possible. here are a LOT of transplanted creatures in Florida. Also possible it's some weird cross between a wolf spider and a tarantula/banana spider. Bigger than any tarantula I have heard of, though, but people in South America say they get far larger than our scientists accept, so who knows? I just don't ever want to see another one! Nightmare on eight legs, that thing! Child of Shelob. Ick, gack!!

The buzzard looked exactly like every other turkey vulture that was there, after some roadkill just off the road, except for being huge. He could see into the car, standing on the ground, unlike the rest, and when he partly spread out h is wings, they overhung the road edges, on both sides. We joked about things really being bigger in Texas, and didn't realize that was WAY bigger than they are ever supposed to be, anywhere. Seen condors in zoos that weren't as big. If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell my younger self to get pics of that sucker! At the time, it was "just a big ugly bird", and I didn't want to waste my film. Now, I'd have shot the whole roll on that bird!

The swamp water thing....never have been able to figure that one out. Tons of pics of creatures you can see in swamp water, under a microscope, but none like this one. Wish I'd kept the slide, all considered!

It is not exact. My pencils don't blend well nor do they get dark enough, but it is close enough. Think a little darker and somewhat shiny?

Yes, the lightning people appeared to walk.

Do you know if there had been any chemical spills or chemical pollution in the area that you found these bizarrely huge creatures? Something in the environment that might have effected their size?

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

It is not exact. My pencils don't blend well nor do they get dark enough, but it is close enough. Think a little darker and somewhat shiny?

Do you know if there had been any chemical spills or chemical pollution in the area that you found these bizarrely huge creatures? Something in the environment that might have effected their size?

Oh, that is one wild wing! Never seen one anything like that, for certain. That said, hubby informed me (and he's taking classes in this stuff) that entomologists state they have only identified about 20-30% of insects in the world, so possible you saw one as yet unidentified, but either way, very cool sighting! And,, yeah, a wing like that, I'd wonder, too! Not at all like any known ones I've seen. Nice sketch.

Walking....that would seem to eliminate the likelihood of those being an effect of lightning. So odd! File that with the "pole people" I think I mentioned!

Nothing I know about. The spider, possible import, or possible cross-breed, or even possible just a very large specimen! Not at all fuzzy, though, like a tarantula. Just massive. The turkey vulture was in Texas, and as best I can recall, somewhere on the way to a place called Alamo Village. A bit remote, no industry anywhere near, or anything like that. Sometimes, very large individuals can happen, and it could simply have been one of those cases. Still wish I'd "wasted" a bit of film on it! That would be some pic, on the ground, scale easy to determine!

I believe, for those, that scientists just don't really know how big things can become, and assume the biggest they have documented is the biggest here is, even ignoring local reports. Many of the "thunderbird" sightings could be explained by one like we saw! Not all, though. Big as he was, that one couldn't have lifted a child.

For your winged thing, do you have any clearer memories of the body? Bug-like, or something else? That wing is awesome.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Oh, that is one wild wing! Never seen one anything like that, for certain. That said, hubby informed me (and he's taking classes in this stuff) that entomologists state they have only identified about 20-30% of insects in the world, so possible you saw one as yet unidentified, but either way, very cool sighting! And,, yeah, a wing like that, I'd wonder, too! Not at all like any known ones I've seen. Nice sketch.

Walking....that would seem to eliminate the likelihood of those being an effect of lightning. So odd! File that with the "pole people" I think I mentioned!

Nothing I know about. The spider, possible import, or possible cross-breed, or even possible just a very large specimen! Not at all fuzzy, though, like a tarantula. Just massive. The turkey vulture was in Texas, and as best I can recall, somewhere on the way to a place called Alamo Village. A bit remote, no industry anywhere near, or anything like that. Sometimes, very large individuals can happen, and it could simply have been one of those cases. Still wish I'd "wasted" a bit of film on it! That would be some pic, on the ground, scale easy to determine!

I believe, for those, that scientists just don't really know how big things can become, and assume the biggest they have documented is the biggest here is, even ignoring local reports. Many of the "thunderbird" sightings could be explained by one like we saw! Not all, though. Big as he was, that one couldn't have lifted a child.

For your winged thing, do you have any clearer memories of the body? Bug-like, or something else? That wing is awesome.

Indeed. I agree that scientists probably are not aware of the full size range for animals. Either that or it had some kind of mutation that made it larger or it had some remnant dna that has survived through the years from back when animals were much bigger.
I don't think I got a good look at the body. From the glimpses I recall it was not entirely insect-like or typical insect-like.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
i have saw a shadow figure.a black panther which are obviously real animals but not believed to live in this area.i have searched for some but not encounter much more.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join