It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experiences with Bizarre Creatures

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
This forum seemed the best place to talk about my experiences with strange creatures over the years. Some of this might even relate to or tie in to my being psychic, discussed in a thread in the paranormal studies section.
My earliest recollection of an encounter with a strange creature was at my great grandparent's old apartment. It was a summer day, very sunny and warm with a light breeze. We had the front door open to let natural air into the house and so that I could go in and out when ever i decided to. I was maybe 4 or 5 at the time. While the door was open a strange thing found its way into the house. I did not get a very good look at it, but from what I recall it was relatively small, about the size of a moth, and a deep purple color with some shiny blue areas. It had wings, but not wings like any moth or butterfly I have ever seen. They had several longer points and "tattered" is the most accurate word I can think of to describe the edges. It is hard to describe and to this day I am still looking for an insect that might match. I pointed it out to my great grandparents and they shooed it out of the house saying it was probably a wasp though the wings were nothing like a wasp's.
I saw another strange being the summer before 6th grade. I was a bench warmer for a volleyball team coached by a teacher that didn't like me that I only joined because my mother said I had to. So when we had an away game I sat at the back of the bus staring out the window while the rest of the team was up front chatting. One such away game is when I encountered what I have been calling "lightning people". It was cloudy when we got on the bus in front of the school gym to leave and while the game went on it started to thunder storm. Of course, we were indoors for the game so nobody really cared and the majority of the gym was entranced by the game while I found it more interesting to stare out the windows. My coach did eventually mention the rain when the game ended to tell us to hurry out to the bus so we would not end up drenched. The way back was the same as the way there and I was at the back of the bus again staring out the back window. A bolt of lightning came down a ways down the road behind the bus and in its wake I saw what appeared to be a few thin wispy vaguely humanoid shapes made of light in various places on the road or off to the side nearer to the forest. The bus continued to move away and ended up turning a corner. Whether they were always there and the lightning made them visible or if it brought them there I don't know, but that image remained in my mind.
I do not know what either of them were. Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated. Please, share your own experiences as well.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: SevenOfNine

No disrespect, but your claims come from the wandering mind of a child.
It's quite possible that you day dreamed the events with the lightning people..
I've had dreams then felt and still do feel real when I think about them.

One such event that I can recall, that I chalk up to imagination, Is watching Pinocchio walking in front of a store when I was about 5 years old.
It wasn't a cartoon version eaither. The image was of a person made out of wood.
Legs way to skinny to support a person, and he was tossing an apple into the air and catching it.
My adult mind thinks back to what felt and seemed very real to me at the time and I can still see it clearly.
But come on, Pinocchio? Lol.
I didn't even like the movie when I was a child. And the event was actually very disturbing to me.
But it had to be just my imagination.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
There is a medical condition where people have mini-strokes, I forget the name, where the victim actually suffers visual halucenations that seem entirely realistic.

If my memory serves me right it isnt life threatening, but it does make for odd realities for the people that suffer them.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

This forum seemed the best place to talk about my experiences with strange creatures over the years. Some of this might even relate to or tie in to my being psychic, discussed in a thread in the paranormal studies section.

My earliest recollection of an encounter with a strange creature was at my great grandparent's old apartment.

It was a summer day, very sunny and warm with a light breeze. We had the front door open to let natural air into the house and so that I could go in and out when ever i decided to. I was maybe 4 or 5 at the time. While the door was open a strange thing found its way into the house.

I did not get a very good look at it, but from what I recall it was relatively small, about the size of a moth, and a deep purple color with some shiny blue areas.

It had wings, but not wings like any moth or butterfly I have ever seen.

They had several longer points and "tattered" is the most accurate word I can think of to describe the edges.

It is hard to describe and to this day I am still looking for an insect that might match. I pointed it out to my great grandparents and they shooed it out of the house saying it was probably a wasp though the wings were nothing like a wasp's.

I saw another strange being the summer before 6th grade.

I was a bench warmer for a volleyball team coached by a teacher that didn't like me that I only joined because my mother said I had to. So when we had an away game I sat at the back of the bus staring out the window while the rest of the team was up front chatting.

One such away game is when I encountered what I have been calling "lightning people".

It was cloudy when we got on the bus in front of the school gym to leave and while the game went on it started to thunder storm. Of course, we were indoors for the game so nobody really cared and the majority of the gym was entranced by the game while I found it more interesting to stare out the windows.

My coach did eventually mention the rain when the game ended to tell us to hurry out to the bus so we would not end up drenched.

The way back was the same as the way there and I was at the back of the bus again staring out the back window. A bolt of lightning came down a ways down the road behind the bus and in its wake I saw what appeared to be a few thin wispy vaguely humanoid shapes made of light in various places on the road or off to the side nearer to the forest.

The bus continued to move away and ended up turning a corner. Whether they were always there and the lightning made them visible or if it brought them there I don't know, but that image remained in my mind.

I do not know what either of them were. Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated. Please, share your own experiences as well.

Just trying to help ya' out! Splitting up large text boxes really helps us here on ATS.

Welcome to ATS - enjoy your stay.

As for what you shared? I don't have one single clue. Not saying I don't believe you, just saying I have nothing to relate to your experiences.

edit on 0347Wednesday201713 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

No disrespect, but your claims come from the wandering mind of a child.
It's quite possible that you day dreamed the events with the lightning people..
I've had dreams then felt and still do feel real when I think about them.

One such event that I can recall, that I chalk up to imagination, Is watching Pinocchio walking in front of a store when I was about 5 years old.
It wasn't a cartoon version eaither. The image was of a person made out of wood.
Legs way to skinny to support a person, and he was tossing an apple into the air and catching it.
My adult mind thinks back to what felt and seemed very real to me at the time and I can still see it clearly.
But come on, Pinocchio? Lol.
I didn't even like the movie when I was a child. And the event was actually very disturbing to me.
But it had to be just my imagination.

No disrespect, but your theory is hardly sound. In a situation where my great grandparents are trying to get a stubborn flying thing, potentially an insect, out of the house would hardly be a time in which I would be relaxed enough to daydream, nor would a lightning storm on an old bus full of people talking. There is simply too much going on at once to fall into a state of daydream or sleep. It is not like I would have been exhausted after the game that I did not play in. When I do daydream it is never about reality and it is very obviously a daydream. How about instead of jumping to the conclusion of “oh, it happened as a kid so it must have been a dream” you ask about how I think and daydream. Those things are different for everybody.

originally posted by: Fools
There is a medical condition where people have mini-strokes, I forget the name, where the victim actually suffers visual halucenations that seem entirely realistic.

If my memory serves me right it isnt life threatening, but it does make for odd realities for the people that suffer them.

A nice suggestion, but there has been no evidence of any strokes nor is there a history of any condition matching those symptoms in my family. I have had a lot of medical work done trying to find answers to certain things. They are still trying to figure out why my breathing is weird despite several sets of x-rays and tests. My point though is that that the possibility of that being the answer is very very low.

originally posted by: silo13

My earliest recollection of an encounter with a strange creature was at my great grandparent's old apartment.

It was a summer day, very sunny and warm with a light breeze. We had the front door open to let natural air into the house and so that I could go in and out when ever i decided to. I was maybe 4 or 5 at the time. While the door was open a strange thing found its way into the house.

I did not get a very good look at it, but from what I recall it was relatively small, about the size of a moth, and a deep purple color with some shiny blue areas.

It had wings, but not wings like any moth or butterfly I have ever seen.

They had several longer points and "tattered" is the most accurate word I can think of to describe the edges.

It is hard to describe and to this day I am still looking for an insect that might match. I pointed it out to my great grandparents and they shooed it out of the house saying it was probably a wasp though the wings were nothing like a wasp's.

I saw another strange being the summer before 6th grade.

I was a bench warmer for a volleyball team coached by a teacher that didn't like me that I only joined because my mother said I had to. So when we had an away game I sat at the back of the bus staring out the window while the rest of the team was up front chatting.

One such away game is when I encountered what I have been calling "lightning people".

It was cloudy when we got on the bus in front of the school gym to leave and while the game went on it started to thunder storm. Of course, we were indoors for the game so nobody really cared and the majority of the gym was entranced by the game while I found it more interesting to stare out the windows.

My coach did eventually mention the rain when the game ended to tell us to hurry out to the bus so we would not end up drenched.

The way back was the same as the way there and I was at the back of the bus again staring out the back window. A bolt of lightning came down a ways down the road behind the bus and in its wake I saw what appeared to be a few thin wispy vaguely humanoid shapes made of light in various places on the road or off to the side nearer to the forest.

The bus continued to move away and ended up turning a corner. Whether they were always there and the lightning made them visible or if it brought them there I don't know, but that image remained in my mind.

Just trying to help ya' out! Splitting up large text boxes really helps us here on ATS.

Welcome to ATS - enjoy your stay.

As for what you shared? I don't have one single clue. Not saying I don't believe you, just saying I have nothing to relate to your experiences.

Thank you.
edit on 22-11-2017 by SevenOfNine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

I can appreciate and respect what you shared with us, it's quite apparent that it made an impression on you. And since none of us were there, who are we to say if it did or didn't happen? The World is filled with many yet to be discovered mysteries and your anecdotal tale might very well be one of them.

Thanks for the share and welcome to AboveTopSecret.

Johnny

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

No disrespect, but your theory is hardly sound. In a situation where my great grandparents are trying to get a stubborn flying thing, potentially an insect, out of the house would hardly be a time in which I would be relaxed enough to daydream, nor would a lightning storm on an old bus full of people talking.

The human mind is more complex a structure than you are giving it credit for. Fear can cause hallucinations so can small doses of nutmeg in children,so can bread if you ate a moldy piece.
There are many things that can make the adult mind hallucinate,there are twice as many for children.

A nice suggestion, but there has been no evidence of any strokes nor is there a history of any condition matching those symptoms in my family.

That doesn't mean you are immune,my friends family doesn't have schizophrenia running in the family but somehow his brother Bob developed it. We don't get to choose if these things happen they just do whether it runs in the family or not,there is a first time for everything.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: VashTheStampede

No disrespect, but your theory is hardly sound. In a situation where my great grandparents are trying to get a stubborn flying thing, potentially an insect, out of the house would hardly be a time in which I would be relaxed enough to daydream, nor would a lightning storm on an old bus full of people talking.

The human mind is more complex a structure than you are giving it credit for. Fear can cause hallucinations so can small doses of nutmeg in children,so can bread if you ate a moldy piece.
There are many things that can make the adult mind hallucinate,there are twice as many for children.

A nice suggestion, but there has been no evidence of any strokes nor is there a history of any condition matching those symptoms in my family.

That doesn't mean you are immune,my friends family doesn't have schizophrenia running in the family but somehow his brother Bob developed it. We don't get to choose if these things happen they just do whether it runs in the family or not,there is a first time for everything.

It is not a hallucination. If you simply don't believe such a thing could exist say that instead of questioning my mental health. If I had been hallucinating I would have ended up in the hospital. My great grandparents were the kind of people that paid close enough attention to me to notice something even slightly off and not the kind to take any chances with my health and well being.
It seems you missed the majority of my the second response and failed to acknowledge a key piece of the part you bothered to quote. " there has been no evidence of any strokes" and "nor is there a history". The "nor" is important. I have already been looked over for strokes and related issues and no evidence of any have been found, to reiterate the first half of the statement. I never said I am "immune" because it does not run in my family. I essentially said that since I am told by medical professionals that I have not had any strokes and since there is not a history of it in my family that those two things combine make the likelihood of the answer being that condition very very low. Please do read more carefully.
edit on 22-11-2017 by SevenOfNine because: small grammar/spelling/word corrections

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
So, these lightning people: it's not common knowledge, but lightning actually strikes from the ground up. Positive ions stream up from the ground, a massive sink of electric potential itself, attracted by the huge negative potential generated up in the clouds. At a certain point the conductivity of the atmosphere raises to a critical threshold, resulting in the massive discharge known as lightning.

So the first strike is mostly invisible and originates at ground level up into the sky, then milliseconds later the big boom comes down, ionizing air and making the big flash. It's fascinating. I bring this up because plasma discharges have a sort of branched appearance, sort of like the human form. Maybe you were seeing some of these positive ion discharges?

I should ask, could you provide some more details, such as height, arm span, mobility, that sort of thing?

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zelun
So, these lightning people: it's not common knowledge, but lightning actually strikes from the ground up. Positive ions stream up from the ground, a massive sink of electric potential itself, attracted by the huge negative potential generated up in the clouds. At a certain point the conductivity of the atmosphere raises to a critical threshold, resulting in the massive discharge known as lightning.

So the first strike is mostly invisible and originates at ground level up into the sky, then milliseconds later the big boom comes down, ionizing air and making the big flash. It's fascinating. I bring this up because plasma discharges have a sort of branched appearance, sort of like the human form. Maybe you were seeing some of these positive ion discharges?

I should ask, could you provide some more details, such as height, arm span, mobility, that sort of thing?

I would say somewhere between six feet and six and a half feet tall, arm span was about proportional to height. though they were thin they had distinct shape to them, as in one would be able to point out what was a head, torso, legs, arms, etc. As far as mobility, they did not move very fast, but it is hard to say if that is to do with form or simply by choice though. Keep in mind that this is from an elevated perspective inside the bus.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Or take it as an insult.
You misunderstood what I said, instead choosing to read it as an attack on your mental aptitude ,if that was my intent I would tell you to seek mental help.
Did I tell you to seek mental help?
No,I did not,you also don't seem to understand that you don't need to be mentally impaired to hallucinate. My brother when he was eight swore he saw squirrels in his room that were taunting him but me and my mother were also there and there definitely were not any squirrels in the room.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

The fact that you estimated the height from an elevated position could be interpreted as an underrepresentation, correct? In other words, looking down on someone makes them look smaller. You said you could distinguish head, torso, legs, arms... Can you think of an instance in which they were mobile, walking around. I'm trying to draw a distinction from the motion you might see from one of of those skydancer things, the inflatable sock men car dealers use to attract customers. The motion looks natural, but the prime mover is the fan at the base. Know what I'm saying? Did they walk around, or were they sort of stuck in place?

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   

The fact that you estimated the height from an elevated position could be interpreted as an underrepresentation, correct? In other words, looking down on someone makes them look smaller. You said you could distinguish head, torso, legs, arms... Can you think of an instance in which they were mobile, walking around. I'm trying to draw a distinction from the motion you might see from one of of those skydancer things, the inflatable sock men car dealers use to attract customers. The motion looks natural, but the prime mover is the fan at the base. Know what I'm saying? Did they walk around, or were they sort of stuck in place?

Possibly. They were definitely taller than me though and I am just over five feet but it is doubtful they were beyond seven feet. They moved slowly, toward the bus, not nearly fast enough to keep up with it. The best way I can describe it is "half walked half drifted"? I can not think of any better description, so I apologise.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Don't apologize! Sort of like, walking slowing on a moving walkway at the airport? How fast was the bus going? Possible the bus was pulling the air along with it, like they were drafting? Super interesting. Thanks for sharing!

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: VashTheStampede
Or take it as an insult.
You misunderstood what I said, instead choosing to read it as an attack on your mental aptitude ,if that was my intent I would tell you to seek mental help.
Did I tell you to seek mental help?
No,I did not,you also don't seem to understand that you don't need to be mentally impaired to hallucinate. My brother when he was eight swore he saw squirrels in his room that were taunting him but me and my mother were also there and there definitely were not any squirrels in the room.

You assumption about my knowledge on what can cause hallucinations is incorrect. I am aware that there are plenty of other things that can cause hallucinations, but what you don't seem to be accounting for is that things which cause hallucination have other symptoms that accompany them, either outwardly visible or internally noticeable. Be it fear, eating moldy bread, or anything else.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Don't apologize! Sort of like, walking slowing on a moving walkway at the airport? How fast was the bus going? Possible the bus was pulling the air along with it, like they were drafting? Super interesting. Thanks for sharing!

I would say walking slowly. Like walking under water? The bus had to have been going at least 35, what ever the normal speed limit was, since it was a stretch of road and not a bus stop or school zone yet, but I was in the back so I could not exactly see the gauges that would have told me. 20 is the limit for school zones here though buses seem to move even more slowly at bus stop areas.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Yes...buddy

the world is full of odds and ends....like my orbs and the 400 foot cigar...we know what we saw

that's what we are looking for from the op....insisting the story.....got it in two reply's....leaves more details....

we want more details op....cause this is cool.....I have up close experience with the big black cryptid cat with a canine face........Texas and I read about it and saw that one pic in Europe...... seen some stuff green ball lightning and green lighning....do you see em always....they're lit-up looking?
edit on 23-11-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
Yes...buddy

the world is full of odds and ends....like my orbs and the 400 foot cigar...we know what we saw

that's what we are looking for from the op....insisting the story.....got it in two reply's....leaves more details....

we want more details op....cause this is cool.....I have up close experience with the big black cryptid cat with a canine face........Texas and I read about it and saw that one pic in Europe...... seen some stuff green ball lightning and green lighning....do you see em always....they're lit-up looking?

I don't quite understand the question. could you perhaps rephrase it please?
edit on 23-11-2017 by SevenOfNine because: quote

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   

I'd say the first was some sort of moth or butterfly, that perhaps isn't too common, and has that sort of wing. Some are quite different. I can understand the curiosity, since I once saw a totally red spider, sort of like a red widow, but ALL red, and can't ID it either. All I can think is, it was perhaps an unusual specimen of that variety. You might contact a bug person at a university or zoo to see if they can help ID it.

The other, don't know what to say there. Some odd effect of the lightning hitting brush, perhaps? How humanoid did what you saw actually seem? Again, I can understand; saw, along with another person, what we called "pole people", which were human-looking forms that seemed to meld into a light pole in a parking lot, one evening. Weird, I know, but I can understand why you are curious, again!

It does seem that some people encounter more oddities than do others. Besides some "supernatural" sorts of things, I have seen a very large, and very creepy, flying something, and also an extremely large vulture, and a massive spider, bigger than should be in the States. In HS, saw something in swamp water that could not be IDed, even using several large and detailed books on pond life. Weird little thing!

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   

hey yes...my lost point there was we know what we saw...as observers of strange stuff

I have several categories of odds...lived at ROCKY FLATS....so i saw the first catastrophic plume there...1957...the next year I was 5 and a disc ufo was hangin . i figured counting the rads and cesium 131...then big black cat cryptid at age 14 and etc., etc.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join