It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fun of being a parent

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 05:35 AM
link   
all my daughter wants to watch is the wiggles. I basically remember most of the songs now... *sigh*

What was your kid into? Did he or she repeated the same movie all day and everyday?

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: CaptainHook

Wizard of Oz. She discovered it when she was two, and for a year and a half, its all she wanted to watch. I used to love that movie, but not so much anymore.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Sesame Street, which thankfully has some adult humor slipped in from time to time. This was 16ish years ago and we had tapes of old school Sesame Street as well, so it wasn't the Sesame Street of today, thank heaven.

ETA: We had a Monsters, Inc. phase in there somewhere too, and Bob the Builder which I don't remember loving. But I'll say- it goes by so fast!! I know the days can seem endless when they are so little and require so much care, but in the blink of an eye they are in college and you'd give anything to get those long days with them back!

edit on 18-11-2017 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluvhey, my name is kayla in real life

I bet.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirllol ya. At least that's good.

I never really watched that show.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   

A show called Super Why! Thankfully we are done with Moana for now. Oh the joys of being the keeper of 1 socked tyrants.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMIMoana isn't bad but repeating seeing the show would be very boring, lol.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   

There is a trick to this.

Watch some of theirs, then give them a coloring book or something else and tell them it is time for your cartoons. Put on something like bugs bunny or whatever and they will want to watch it the next day with you.

Don't forget to let the little ones know that Dorothy needs some sleep to, she is on the other side of the world after all.

Get some teaching in while you are at it. They will never know. Shhh.

P

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

that would be a good idea but my daughter 7 months old, lol. The wiggles is basically the only thing that will entertained her without me entertaining her.
edit on 18-11-2017 by CaptainHook because: fixing

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I remember We did a phase of "in the night garden" and Iggle Piggle was the greatest.
That was 10 years ago now.

Last night we were out in the yard throwing snowballs to the dog and out of know where she said she thinks she's getting her period.
So we had a have that talk....jeez time flys.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   
My niece loves that show. She dances along with the songs.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

oh dear. That must of been awkward. Why would she think that?

I remember when I was on it (I was 13) and leaked on the bike and a little girl (6-9 years) seen it and was freakin' out. I had to tell her it was normal for my age. The next day she been going around saying she got her period. :|
edit on 18-11-2017 by CaptainHook because: fixing

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Markmy daughter jumps and makes happy sounds in her jolly jumper while watching it.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Come to think of it, I had a girlfriend who's two year old daughter also liked the show. She was addicted to it.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   

It has been bobs burgers but the past couple weeks she has only wanted to watch sarah and # which I don't get. Seems a little juvenile but she has been watching adult cartoons since forever

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Dora the explorer gave me ptsd... if the 'explorer', my niece, was up, her entourage of Dora the explorer paraphernalia would inevitability be within reach and the tv/dvd player was like a no-go zone until she went outside to play( aka be an explorer)
mental.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

My Niece used to repeat the same episode of Bob the Builder. Used to drive me insane. My 13 year old Stepdaughter is now into Once unpon a Time and Anime plus learning Japanese. 1 out of 3 ain't bad.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Lol...sounds familiar, although my Wiggles days were about a decade ago. We watched the original wiggles, and even took my son to a live Wiggles concert/show! And we got to touch the red wiggle guy who played the guitar when they came walking through the audience. Exciting stuff for a two year old!

Add to that Barney and Blues Clues....and although I was sworn to secrecy at the time, my son had a huge crush on Tinkerbell when he was around four years old.

Don’t worry, they outgrow it. Enjoy it while you can!

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

My son would be mesmerized by The Lawrence Welk Show.

He could not get enough of it.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Ours had Disney movies they would get into and watch over and over everyday.
Bambi, RobinHood, Pocahontas, and Aladdin. The songs are engraved in my head forever.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join