It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vintage UFO Pictures

page: 1

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Credit to another poster on another forum for a great idea on vintage pics so I am borrowing it for this forum.
Check it out: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I've always loved vintage UFO photos. In early childhood these pictures were the closest thing to magic and mystery I can remember. Some have been debunked as hoaxes but many still live on as legitimate mysteries. Most are from the early to mid 50's and are from across the globe.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Great pics even if many have been confirmed as hoaxes or debunked in other ways. Just goes to show they were faking it even way back
just now its easy to spot in the old pics with our wonderful new technology

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13

Great thread

RE 2nd Pic:

I can see dads flying car in the background, but whats that alien with the big eyes and spots in the foreground?

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

Oh yeah, which ones in particular are fakes?

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   

The only pics that are not CGI. Gotta appreciate that. A few may be dubious, but the majority are most likely real, whatever they really are.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 02:44 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
i got something even better, vintage ufo videos!: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Ah, yes! the good old days of "magic and mystery" as you mentioned. And along with some of those early images was the long buried Air Force report that supplied a validity to the phenomena. The report was entitled The Estimate of the Situation" and was completed in 1948 by top intelligent officers in the Air Force that concluded that the craft were indeed alien and not of any power of this earth.

That report was ordered burned by the top Air Force officer, Gen. Hoyt Vandenberg. His stated reason was that it lacked definite proof of that conclusion and was not, therefore, of enough substance to declare the phenomena as a security problem. And so it has been, for over half a century an official denial of the greatest event in human history.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Fascinating to see that these have "stealthy" profiles

These three look like they could be B2 bombers

files.abovetopsecret.com...

I remember this one. It was photographed in Rouen in France in the 1950's. That too looks like a Stealth fighter

files.abovetopsecret.com...

The main difference being that the tail fin is way taller in that early version, while the real stealth fighters have two tail fins in a V shape.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

also heres an analysis:
1: controversial picture, though i have never seen an good explanation for it so for now its an UFO
2:early case of an BLURFO (ie could be anything)
3: taken by daniel fry (contactee=hoaxer)
4:lens flare (you can see the hotspost in the background)
5 very likely an hoax done using an small model train wheel, everyone that talked with the witness said he was an pranker
6: see 5
7: some say its an christmas color wheel
8: one of billy meier earliest pictures, do i need to say more?
9: see 3
10: unknow possibly real UFO or maybe an reflection
11: possibly hoax done by manually manipulating the picture
12: real UFO, witness is very reliable
13: possibly real ufo?
14:BLURFO
15:BLURFO
16: done by an shouth african contactee who said she was being contacted by an man from proxima centaury
17:real ufo
18:badly zoomed version of an picture that comes from the case number 23
19:cut-out hoax
20: either an real picture or an hoax, controversial case
21: lens flare
22: i vaguely remnber the people behind this one saying its an hoax
23: infamous case, very likely an truck mirror suspended by wires

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

see my long post

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

really the number of real pictures in this selection is pretty small

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
aw, this makes me nostalgic for when i still thought this kind of thing might be true...

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Former WW2 German Messerschmitt pilot and flying saucer designer - Andreas Epp (RIP)- supposedly took a picture (with his Leica R camera) of a flying saucer during WW2, while recovering from his war wound, during his travel in his car; for what I believe is the Yugoslavian countryside.

There is a dubbed English translation vid about his flying saucer photograph --- but I think it has been removed from YouTube.

This is the original German language version: Starts at 2:25 in the vid...

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 06:12 AM
link   
That's a whole lotta flying hubcaps in those pics!

Nice thread, cool pics! Several I've never seen before.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

And now you don't think it's true?

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 03:46 AM
link   
beautiful photographs! I feel at least one of these are real if not more.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

!st pic is definitely legit. It's from the L.A. Times front page. The Battle of Los Angeles Feb 25th, 1942. I live right where this was taken near Fort MacArthur. They do a re- enactment every year with vintage spotlights and cannon fire. One of the biggest unexplained sightings ever.
edit on 11 20 2017 by underpass61 because: sp

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

Yes, that is one of my all time favorites. I bet the re-enactment is cool to see. Do they actually do the re-enactment the entire length of time of the actual event?

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

They just re-enact the sighting as the craft came over our area. They've got all the vintage equipment and vehicles out with actors dressed up in uniform. They do a great job with the cannon fire, loudspeaker narration, and sirens blaring! Really captures the panic and confusion there must have been. Lots of people who attend get dressed up in vintage clothing too, it's a pretty fun night.

If you're a UFO enthusiast and in the area it's worth checking out. The Great Los Angeles Air Raid
edit on 11 20 2017 by underpass61 because: added link

new topics

top topics

join