It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Killed In Year’s 600th Homicide Among 5 Shot Tuesday In Chicago

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

You're right. There are other factors that some of the articles go into like gang violence but I think poverty is a large factor as a cause for crime. Poor rural white do commit crimes, they may not always be violent crimes but crime still exists.

We can use Chicago for example; look at the most crime ridden neighborhoods then overlay that with the poorest neighborhoods.

Every society is 9 meals from anarchy, some people get there a lot sooner than others.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   
But but but..Trump? Whitey? White privilege? Nazis? Alt right? Cops?

Ugh, damn, none of these are gonna fit the narrative.....*grumble* *grumble*

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Going to the subject of this OP, in one of our most crime-ridden inner cities today, I was almost put on a jury of a case about something that occurs very frequently in our inner cities, the murder of one young black man of another.

I have to admit, I was relieved that I didn’t get pass the voir dire and was rejected as a juror. I wasn’t avoiding the jury but had to answer the questions honestly and one of them, a yes answer to something about experience with police, took me off the jury

It’s not the first time I had this experience.

Years ago in the same enviroment, I saw for myself the strange site of almost an army of female young black woman, in the form of Assistant DA’s, putting an equal number of young black men in jail for the best part of their lives. This happened when I was actually in the court to bail out one of those young men (a friend of mine on a drug charge) and in that process saw how our inner city justice works in America.

I think some of the Al Sharpton types need to witness this social tragedy.

Not that I’m not all for the valiant civil rights movement, but when it comes to inner city crime, Sharpton, and many of the intellectual elite of the civil rights movement, are sorely lacking in insight on how to solve this aspect of the black experience and what the horror of Chicago is doing to that community and the community where I was today almost made a juror of what Chicago is all about: young black men murdering other young black men

<< 1  2   >>

join