It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Gun Law in Wisconsin

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Lurker1
Kids in the age range cited should not be handling firearms.

My 9 year old daughter will outshoot you with a rimfire rifle with both iron sights and a scope and will smoke your ass with a bow. My 11 year old son will outshoot you with a 5.56 with peep sights and with a scope and, again, would smoke your ass with his bow. I do not know you or your skills, but I say the above with complete confidence.

Retired LEO - 30 years

Ever seen a child dead of a self-inflicted wound? I have.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Kids in the age range cited should not be handling firearms.

My 9 year old daughter will outshoot you with a rimfire rifle with both iron sights and a scope and will smoke your ass with a bow. My 11 year old son will outshoot you with a 5.56 with peep sights and with a scope and, again, would smoke your ass with his bow. I do not know you or your skills, but I say the above with complete confidence.

Retired LEO - 30 years

Ever seen a child dead of a self-inflicted wound? I have.

I'm sure you've seen dead children from multiple different causes. I think we should launch a crusade against swimming pools and bath tubs. They kill more kids.
edit on 16 11 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Lurker1

I got 30 years myself

No, never from a GSW anyhow. Seen several deceased from SIDS & traumatic accidents though during my EMT-P days after I retired from LE

Clearly people need to do a better job securing their weapons at home. Carelessness and inattention have no place in the firearms community, and the community itself does an excellent job of calling these people out.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Not to politicize this, but one of several pediatric deaths I worked as a medic involved a drowning. Other was electrocution, and several others ruled as SIDS

The only GSW I ever worked was an adult. In LE, I also worked an accidental self inflicted wound to an adult, in his thigh. Also once had a case where someone found an epi-pen on the road and pressed down on the tip impaling their thumb.

People will frequently do absentminded things like this, although children (who don't know better) must be taught gun safety. Weapons not being carried are usually & appropriately locked up.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

In comparison to myself, yes, I have. I walked in on the end result of someone eating a shotgun. I'm hoping, one day, that those particular nightmares end...they won't, but I hope anyway. He was 19.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: face23785

Not to politicize this, but one of several pediatric deaths I worked as a medic involved a drowning. Other was electrocution, and several others ruled as SIDS

The only GSW I ever worked was an adult. In LE, I also worked an accidental self inflicted wound to an adult, in his thigh. Also once had a case where someone found an epi-pen on the road and pressed down on the tip impaling their thumb.

People will frequently do absentminded things like this, although children (who don't know better) must be taught gun safety. Weapons not being carried are usually & appropriately locked up.

It's not politicizing it. It's a fact kids die all different ways. What's politicizing something is when you go on a rampage against the #6 or 7 cause of accidental deaths of children because it's quick and easy votes and money from gullible people.

I wholeheartedly agree gun safety is critically important always, but even more when kids are around or could even possibly be around. And people who negligently leave their firearms around and a kid accidentally shoots himself or someone else, there should always be charges. I don't care what the excuse is. There is no excuse. The firearm is your responsibility, just like if you own a pool or a car or any number of other things that can be a danger to an unsupervised child.

Edit: If some teens break in your house and this happens that's different. Just like when someone trespasses in your yard while you're not home or sleeping and they drown in your pool. Obviously that's not your responsibility.
edit on 16 11 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

I got 30 years myself

No, never from a GSW anyhow. Seen several deceased from SIDS & traumatic accidents though during my EMT-P days after I retired from LE

Clearly people need to do a better job securing their weapons at home. Carelessness and inattention have no place in the firearms community, and the community itself does an excellent job of calling these people out.

I can agree with all of this.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 03:31 AM
link   
North korea is know to be working on nukes and could very easy do a EMP strike on the US.

Up to 90% of the population could die in the areas effected by the EMP.

I will say that the 10+% left alive will be hunters and shooters.

Anti gun Liberals need not apply for survival.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

Agreed, it is a real threat. Especially given the major attack options that would be deployed after such an attack. The world would be in a state of nuclear holocaust.

10% survival is an optimistic number, IMO.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ANNED
North korea is know to be working on nukes and could very easy do a EMP strike on the US.

Up to 90% of the population could die in the areas effected by the EMP.

I will say that the 10+% left alive will be hunters and shooters.

Anti gun Liberals need not apply for survival.

That's why when people talk about investing in gold because if there's some catastrophe it will be important to have, I kinda chuckle to myself. In a financial collapse, maybe. But in a serious disaster like the one you just brought up, nobody is gonna care about your gold. Guns and ammo will be far more valuable. And food and water of course.
edit on 17 11 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join