It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Government Quietly Compensates Daughter of MKULTRA Victim

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
A few weeks ago it was reported that the Canadian government quietly compensated the daughter of Jean Steel, a victim of the CIA's MKULTRA program in the late 50's.

Steel became the victim of CIA-funded brainwashing experiments conducted by Dr. Ewen Cameron. She was kept in a chemically induced sleep for weeks and subjected to rounds of electroshocks, experimental drugs and tape-recorded messages played non-stop.

The daughter, Allison Steel, launched a lawsuit in 2015. The settlement includes a non-disclosure agreement prohibiting Allison from talking about the settlement but the existence of the settlement and its total amount appeared in public accounts released by the Canadian government in October.

The doctor will see you:

Cameron believed a combination of chemically induced sleep for weeks at a time, massive electroshock treatments, experimental hallucinogenic drugs like '___' and techniques such as "psychic driving" through the repeated playing of taped messages could "de-pattern" the mind, breaking up the brain pathways and wiping out symptoms of mental illnesses such as schizophrenia. Doctors could then "re-pattern" patients. However, the de-patterning also wiped out much the patient's memory and left them in a childlike state. In some cases, grown adults forgot basic skills such as how to use the bathroom, how to dress themselves or how to tie their shoes.

CBC Link
VC Link

Here is a short documentary that the CBC aired about the CIA's MKULTRA program in Canada.

edit on 15-11-2017 by FauxMulder because: '___'

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Just tell me why the Canadian government is compensating her when it was supposedly the US doing the dirty?
Surely she should be taking the US to court?

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

They only thing I can think of is that the Canadian government sanctioned and allowed it to happen to its citizens on Canadian soil?

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

The Canadian government was complicit in these experiments.

Thus, they should be held responsible for any and all Canadian citizens who's lives were ruined by it.

But what's really sickening about all this is that these so-called 'settlements' are a whole whopping $100,000 paid out to these families.

Permanently ruining a life and all the family members directly impacted by it.... is apparently only worth $100,000.

If it were my family member, I'd go after both the Canadian and US governments. Then I'd go after the CIA/ABC/XYZ... then all the doctors, nurses, pshychiatrists, hospitals, facilities, labs, and any companies that were involved with the program.

I'd sue the crap out of every single person/entity involved - starting from the top and working all the way down to the minimum wage janitor mopping up the drug-induced zombie spittle from the floor.

I probably wouldn't see a red cent from a single one of these SOB's... but I'd get plenty of gratification dragging them through the mud and the courts for decades on THEIR dime.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Maybe it was a "take this 100K and shut your mouth or we'll introduce you to our new MK-SUPER-ULTRA program." type of deal.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Perhaps Canadian government hired the CIA and their program. Just going about spending Canadian tax dollars.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Technically...Canadians funded the program, so technically, all Canadians should get reimbursed.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Maybe it was a "take this 100K and shut your mouth or we'll introduce you to our new MK-SUPER-ULTRA program." type of deal.

Now there's a whole new set of tinfoil hats I didn't even consider !

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Technically...Canadians funded the program, so technically, all Canadians should get reimbursed.

I'm down with that.

Anything that reimburses my "tax dollars well spent" back into my own capable hands, is something I can get behind.

What's that you say ?

I had to eat Kraft Dinner for 3 months because I had to pay my tax bill in April that you guys pissed away on turning people into zombies ?

Yeah, cough it up chummy.

Chop chop.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

It is no wonder a lot of people like to work strictly for cash...the government can't tax it. And I would agree that governments around the world, not just in Canada, fruitfully waste tax payer's hard earned money.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Just tell me why the Canadian government is compensating her when it was supposedly the US doing the dirty?

As a starting point, look into the Allan Memorial Institute in Montreal, Quebec. MKU's a deep subject.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Absolutely right. Those taxes were always meant to improve the lives of everyone in the country. How much better off are you now than say 15years ago ? Or 30 years ago for the older members. I know most will still be struggling to make ends meet. Their money going nowhere has it has no value. Yet those you pay your taxes to get richer and richer.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Just to add :
Don't think that MKultra is over either. It's now much more advanced than ever, and everyone is a victim to some extent.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I hope it can gain grounds in justice for others victims. Also, Dr. Cameron wasn't the only Dr. involved throughout these experiments.

CIA / MK-ULTRA Hearings - Survivor Testimony 1996

Subject in radiation, mind control, drugs,etc., by Dr. Green. Her dad was involved with Dr. Green in the 1970s in Tuscon, Arizona. Warning: graphic details

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 05:44 AM
link   
The McGill psychiatric facility was donated by none other than - the Rockefeller Foundation, which already had ties to the CIA. Canada was also a place the CIA could legally operate, because they were not supposed to work in the US.

It is worth noting though that the CIA funded Cameron through a front company and claimed he was never aware of the truth.

new topics

top topics

join