It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SNL Skewers the Democrats, better late than never

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: DexterRiley
However, I loathe considering myself a "Democrat," so I was trying to make it easier for me to say.

If you mainly vote for Democrats, then you are one. That's the litmus test.

How many Republicans do I have to vote for before I can escape that classification?

It's not like I have much choice. I prefer sound, logical, fact-based ideas that are unencumbered by typical conservative emotions, superstitions, and fears.

Though I may pass your litmus test, I do not align with everything the Democratic party stands for. And I will not box myself into any specific classification. I do not root for a team, I pull for the individuals that best represent my positions.

So, even if you consider me a Democrat, then you must also view me as a DINO (Democrat in name only) because I do not support all of the Democratic party platform.

-dex

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

5 Republicans or 2 Libertarians.
Wait, maybe I got that reversed.

edit on 11/12/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

RINO - Reversed In Name Only?

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

However, I loathe considering myself a "Democrat," so I was trying to make it easier for me to say.

If you mainly vote for Democrats, then you are one. That's the litmus test.

How many Republicans do I have to vote for before I can escape that classification?

Enough that it could make you a Republican.

OR you can vote independent and for third parties, mainly, and avoid feeding the wrong wolf.

ETA: ...or not vote, at all. No one should feel like they have to vote for anyone or anything they don't believe in -- or participate in a process in which they don't have confidence.

And that's better than voting for a Democrat or a Republican and trying to act like you don't *really* support those causes.
edit on 11/12/2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Revelers. Maybe.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

All at one time? Or can spread it out across a couple dozen election cycles?

-dex

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Naw I havent found them funny in decades, at best they have been mildly amusing.

Saddens me since they used to be so funny, but then again they had some generational talent in the beginning.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I don't know. I lost the manual.

edit on 11/12/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

OR you can vote independent and for third parties, mainly, and avoid feeding the wrong wolf.

I've done that when there is a third-party or independent candidate that aligns with my positions. But not simply because they are not a Republican or Democrat. Isn't that what the right refers to as "identity politics."

On a number of occasions I have voted for write-in candidates. My favorite write-in candidate is Kinky Friedman.

BTW: Which one is the "wrong wolf?"

-dex

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

The one wearing sheepskin would be the most obvious one.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I've done that when there is a third-party or independent candidate that aligns with my positions. But not simply because they are not a Republican or Democrat. Isn't that what the right refers to as "identity politics."

On a number of occasions I have voted for write-in candidates. My favorite write-in candidate is Kinky Friedman.

-dex

They are both the wrong wolf. And not voting for either of the two parties might put a third party over the *elusive* 5% threshold.

It's not about identity politics, it's about toppling the two-party system that so many people blindly support and then try to pretend they really don't support.

Do what you want.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

The one wearing sheepskin would be the most obvious one.

In this case it's orangeskin.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   
This conversation has turned into a pile of crap where snarky, callow comments are intended to be received as intellectual jokes which only appeal to non-mouth breathers and non-window-lickers.

Have fun scratching your heads about what's so *funny* and pretending you get the jokes.

ETA: Oh, and that you are not Democrats (or Republicans).
edit on 11/12/2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Screw SNL.

I kept with it even though it got lame. Then it got annoying. So they can do what ever. I dont care anymore.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

This conversation has turned into a pile of crap where snarky, callow comments are intended to be received as intellectual jokes which only appeal to non-mouth breathers and non-window-lickers.

Sort of like SNL then.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Sort of like SNL then.

Not at all. SNL is no where near this pretentious. That's why it is always good and sometimes even great.

This is crap.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Speak for yourself.

SNL lost clever ages ago.

(post by Deaf Alien removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

They regularly roasted Bill Clinton..he gave them lots to work with too.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Have fun scratching your heads about what's so *funny* and pretending you get the jokes.

ETA: Oh, and that you are not Democrats (or Republicans).

The old saying applies: "You might as well laugh as to cry."

You made some good points. I agree that the two party system is a failure. I voted for one of the third party candidates in the last presidential election, in hopes that the third party would have a voice in the next election. Unfortunately it didn't work out that way.

-dex

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join