It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Veterans Day ATS

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: hiddenlight

I will never celebrate Veterans Day, or War -ever.

Cool.

When you "sign the line," you knowingly and intentionally "do the time and knowingly pay the price."

Yep.

If you "knowingly and intentionally put yourselves in harms way" on what planet do you think I need to celebrate or support you(?).

Most of us don't think you need to, because we don't particularly care what you do.

I do feel sorry for you that were to stupid, or forced, to escape the BS of the powers that be.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Son, grow up. I got about this much care about you and what you say "."

You're welcome !
edit on 11-11-2017 by hiddenlight because: good times

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Why even bother posting here if you don't care?

That's called trolling.

(post by hiddenlight removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Thanks for ruining a friendly thread with your bull# dude.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Happy Veteran's Day.

Sharing this story in case anyone recognizes this Marine. His camera was found full of pictures of his service in Iraq.

He would like to find him and return the pictures. He thinks his name is Zellman.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
To all my brothers and sisters, past and present...

Thank you for your service.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

Will share.

Hopefully the memory card is returned to him.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Why even bother posting here if you don't care?

That's called trolling.

Where else would anybody listen?

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Girlfriend probably ran off with a soldier and now he's all salty.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Tell us a cool service story. Did you ever get to fire your freedom dispenser?

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Tell us a cool service story. Did you ever get to fire your freedom dispenser?

Lemme tell ya how it was in the Old Corps, boy...

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Or worse, a squid.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

So no # there I was...Inverted, with my air medal flapping in the wind, hitting me in the face...

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Rick, I'm entirely convinced that you were involved in some deep, dark # during your time in and know things that would scare us all.

Thanks for keeping them to yourself.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
To Absent companions!

*raises a toast*

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Cancerwarrior

I've posted this before, but it's fitting on Veterans Day.

A Poem by Rudyard Kipling.

I went into a public-'ouse to get a pint o' beer, The publican 'e up an' sez, "We serve no red-coats here." The girls be'ind the bar they laughed an' giggled fit to die, I outs into the street again an' to myself sez I: O it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Tommy, go away"; But it's "Thank you, Mister Atkins", when the band begins to play, The band begins to play, my boys, the band begins to play, O it's "Thank you, Mister Atkins", when the band begins to play.

I went into a theatre as sober as could be, They gave a drunk civilian room, but 'adn't none for me; They sent me to the gallery or round the music-'alls, But when it comes to fightin', Lord! they'll shove me in the stalls! For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Tommy, wait outside"; But it's "Special train for Atkins" when the trooper's on the tide, The troopship's on the tide, my boys, the troopship's on the tide, O it's "Special train for Atkins" when the trooper's on the tide.

Yes, makin' mock o' uniforms that guard you while you sleep Is cheaper than them uniforms, an' they're starvation cheap; An' hustlin' drunken soldiers when they're goin' large a bit Is five times better business than paradin' in full kit. Then it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Tommy, 'ow's yer soul?" But it's "Thin red line of 'eroes" when the drums begin to roll, The drums begin to roll, my boys, the drums begin to roll, O it's "Thin red line of 'eroes" when the drums begin to roll.

We aren't no thin red 'eroes, nor we aren't no blackguards too, But single men in barricks, most remarkable like you; An' if sometimes our conduck isn't all your fancy paints, Why, single men in barricks don't grow into plaster saints; While it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Tommy, fall be'ind", But it's "Please to walk in front, sir", when there's trouble in the wind, There's trouble in the wind, my boys, there's trouble in the wind, O it's "Please to walk in front, sir", when there's trouble in the wind.

You talk o' better food for us, an' schools, an' fires, an' all: We'll wait for extry rations if you treat us rational. Don't mess about the cook-room slops, but prove it to our face The Widow's Uniform is not the soldier-man's disgrace. For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Chuck him out, the brute!" But it's "Saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot; An' it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' anything you please; An' Tommy ain't a bloomin' fool -- you bet that Tommy sees!

Happy Veterans day, I raise a pint to no more war.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Happy Veteran's Day to all my brothers and sisters!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join