It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Veterans Day ATS

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

They are good at what they do. I've been got a few times.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

They're very good indeed. Luckily for me I was around when they were first coming out (so to speak) with their brand of news, so I'm in the fortunate position of having been able to use them on a number of people over the years.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: hiddenlight

Just so long as you feel better about yourself. Rock on.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Cancerwarrior
On this side of the Atlantic, we'll celebrate Armistice Day. Apart from that, thank you.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
An honorable and respectful expression of thanks to all of my fellow Veterans, present and past.

We were there when our Country needed us. We are still here when some disrespect us.

These are things that will never change.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cancerwarrior
My boots

My boots are off I war no more.
All my gear lay on the floor
I stop and think of days gone by
Of brothers and friends who had to die
To fight for honor and sacrifice
So many so dear that paid the price
Too few are those who realize not
What price was paid for what they've got
So I ask you now, for something small
Not money or fame, but equally as tall
Give thanks to those you come across
And swell with pride for those we have lost
Consider where it is that you stand
Within the bravest nation in all the land

Happy Veterans Day to my brothers and sisters in green.

Thanks to you all who have served...so we can have a forum here like we do, with the freedoms to express ourselves.
M.S.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
A Veteran's Day Shout Out to the man who influenced me to join the military in the first place. Sergeant Lincoln Osiris. He Taught me that I can be a dude, playing a dude, disguised as another dude, and still not know what dude I am. Thank you for your service!

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: 19KTankCommander

Wow, A fellow D.A.T. (dumb ass tanker). Sound the charge!

powerful words brother. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
You know, I in no way started this thread to make some sort of a political statement, or to bicker about whether the US military is always on the moral high ground. Its a shame not even a page in and thats what it turns into.

We go where we are told. Thats our friggin job. We can't say no, there is no "I quit". Somebody has to stand on the walls. People that have never done it have no friggin clue. Only what they see on movies or when they play call of duty.

I know firsthand what the hell happens when other people are shooting bullets at you. So do many, many others. And I just started this thread sort of a remembrance and a tribute. If you disagree with the politicians who send the poor mans son to die in a foreign land then fine, but don't blame the poor mans son. The lack of empathy is amazing.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I'll raise one with you my friend.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Every year, like clockwork, someone puts up a nice Veteran's Day thread.

There's always at least 1 person who wants to be disrespectful just because.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

He's gone. No worries.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   

All too many like the person no longer with us can't make that connection. It's not you guys going into harms way that are the "bad guys".

I never served a day. ...and I'm a tad bit too old now to do so. My family, however, is another story entirely. I doubt there's a past war in this nations history that hasn't seen a member, usually more, involved at the sharp end.

I have my opinions on the necessity of our involvement... Some of the longer term members might possibly have noticed the my opinions on these matters has swung, if not 180 degrees, it's close.

It was that young man coming home in a flag draped coffin that put paid to my hawkish ways, though my brother going off for two tours helped, too. Watching the late night news from Iraqs Green Zone, and out in the country, hoping for a glimpse of him, and fearing what I might see if I did... God as my witness, I don't know how my grand parents, my mother, and later my father did it. Sending their boys off to war, never knowing if they'd ever see them again. Letters that could take months to get to what ever far flung atoll they were fighting on, or hooch they were trying to sleep in.

You all sign that blank check I've heard it called. For that my respect is unbounded.

Thank you, thank you all.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Hello all!

I am not here to thank the veterans or disrespect them. I just wish that once they return home (hopefully alive) they can continue their everyday lives without being too broken from their past on the battlefield. This video by Five finger death punch sums it up quite good, in my opinion.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join