It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Take the Bible…’: And thus began the worst defense of Roy Moore

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

...he liked hanging out with young girls when he was in his 30's...

OMG, the pervert! Somebody get a rope!

Do you realize just how silly that sounds?

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

It doesn't have to be an explicit threat of retaliation for not doing/allowing something to happen, re-read the excerpt:

I also took advantage of the fact that I was widely admired in my and their community, which disabled them from sharing their story and brought hardship to them when they tried because people who look up to me didn’t want to hear it. I didn’t think that I was doing any of that because my position allowed me not to think about it.

These women came forward BEFORE this time and were ridiculed. That's one of the resounding impacts of women coming forward: non-belief.

Moore's case is just getting weirder and weirder, just like the topic from the OP. 'It was ok because of the bible.' What kind of response is that?

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

...he liked hanging out with young girls when he was in his 30's...

OMG, the pervert! Somebody get a rope!

Do you realize just how silly that sounds?

TheRedneck

You know how creepy it is when a high school freshman has a college aged boyfriend? That's what this is, except the guy was 10 years out of college.

Not silly at all.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

It doesn't have to be an explicit threat of retaliation for not doing/allowing something to happen

Of course it doesn't! I stated that an implicit threat was just as bad. I guess you missed that... both times.

And I can see where his celebrity could be an impediment to them coming forward with the allegations. But what was the implied threat of retaliation for when they were molested? Did he force them? How? Why did they comply with his molestation?

That's where I see a problem. That's where I don't understand the implied threat. That's where I am seeing 'consensual as long as it's convenient.'

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   

You know how creepy it is when a high school freshman has a college aged boyfriend? That's what this is, except the guy was 10 years out of college.

How did we get from 'hanging out with' to 'being girlfriend/boyfriend'?
How did we go from 'young' to 'high school freshman'?

I don't know anyone (and don't want to) who hangs out at the local high school while they're over 30. But I know quite a few people who like to hang out with 19-25 year old 'girls.' As in about every man I know. It's not even really about sex... it's about male ego, and the fact that the 'girls' are attractive.

I've heard of rose-colored glasses, but in this case it appears you found and are using some mud-colored glasses.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   
CK's movie or TV show that was cancelled, was about his character's teenage daughter going out with a 68 yo director.

So he admitted what he did, now what? Everyone cool with dat? Move on?

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Moore just said it in his interview, listen to the context. By liking to hang out with young girls he was talking about 16 year olds.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

That is an assumption on your part.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   

I have a tendency to agree with "Red" through-out this post.

He seems to have the qualities you need to attack this subject: maturity, level-head, "Logic", "Reason".

Qualities I have to work on constantly that, "Are def out of practice on ATS for the most part -just saying."

Hmm, we aughta vote for Red and let him figure it out, lol.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

That is an assumption on your part.

TheRedneck

No it's not, he made mention to the fact that he would ask the parents of teenagers for their consent before taking out their children. He wasn't asking for 19 year olds.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Where is your evidence? Obviously you read or saw or heard this some-where?

Post your evidence, and perhaps a "logical break-down" of your statements.

If that's ok with you, and you understand what that means and how to do it.

Thanks in advance.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

It is still considered proper etiquette to ask the parents of any girl who hasn't been married for 'permission' to date them. This can apply until the girl is 25 or older.

My wife was 21 when I met her. I still talked to her father before our first date.

Assumption...

TheRedneck

ETA: My bad, just did the math... she was 24 and I was 26. Please no one tell her I messed that up.

edit on 11/11/2017 by TheRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: hiddenlight

Thank you.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Hey Brother, it's all good. I understand the customs of a by-gotten time and era. Some people might generaly dislike a Southern way-of-life and it's platitudes. However, the modern-day clinical aspirations of moral and legal control have all but usurped the commonalities of what has sustained Southern-Legacy and way of life for so long.

As my deceased relatives have said, "20-30 years ago, all the modern-day garbage wouldn't even matter. Unfortunately, we have given importance to all that does not matter. Even that which destroys our ability to be human and live life."

Oddly, we have separated the mind from the body thinking the mind is "over the body" and that "the body can sustain without a mind."

I do wonder if Albert Pike ever had dark-days such as these in which we now reside, dying daily.

If only I were perfectly plumb, with my compass limitations, square in all of my actions; Becoming unto a perfect Geometry.
edit on 11-11-2017 by hiddenlight because: southern bubbles

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

It is still considered proper etiquette to ask the parents of any girl who hasn't been married for 'permission' to date them. This can apply until the girl is 25 or older.

My wife was 21 when I met her. I still talked to her father before our first date.

Assumption...

TheRedneck

ETA: My bad, just did the math... she was 24 and I was 26. Please no one tell her I messed that up.

It's very unlikely to ask for dating permission. Among more traditional people asking for permission to marry isn't unheard of, but for dating? It's very rare.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

...I'm curious. When did you decide during this thread to "interrogate" Red? Just wondering.

Also -this applies to me as well- did you have an actual point, or what?

(Believe me, I have problems with staying on topic and posting non-redonkulous comments as well).

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Not around here, 40 years ago, it was NOT that rare. Beware of judging other cultures by your own, 4 decades out.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Everything I've read on the subject (which was southern culture in general, not Alabama specifically) mentioned that it was quite common for marriage, but not for dating. You might have a meeting the parents situation after a couple of dates, or maybe even before one if the parents were really strict, but that was less permission for the guy, and more of an introduction because you might be potential family some day.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Everything I've read on the subject...

Nothing need be said past that point.

You are talking to someone who has lived Southern culture, been an integral part of the community, for over a half-century. I have lived the vast majority of my life in rural Alabama, and the small portion I did not, I still maintained a home here. The people here are my people; the culture here is my culture; the customs here are my customs. Yet, you are basing your opinion not on someone with that kind of integral, intimate experience with it, but rather on someone who wrote a book or essay.

My home is the same place my father built with his own hands when I was 2 years old. I know every church in the area (am still a member of one), know every family in the area, know the history of the community intimately, and have made my mark here. Hardly an obituary is written in the local newspaper that I do not know the name; hardly a tombstone exists for someone who I do not at least know of the family.

I am Southern culture from that era. If you prefer to differ with me because someone wrote something different, then I believe we are at an absolute impasse.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   
‘Take the Bible…’: And thus began the worst defense of Roy Moore

How the hell is that ?

Doesn't it say 'Go forth and multiply' ?

Sure does in Gensis.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join